Sign in to follow this  

The Bring back Bradders Campaign.

Tis my honest opinion that since Bradders has been dropped, the balls and gutsy department of the side has gone missing. After all, he was good enough last season to help keep us up.

OK, he might not be the most ''gifted'' player here at the moment, but by God he never bottles it, he would be our Captain if I had my way.

What say you?

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]No thanks.

Howson, Tettey and Fer as a group are so so much better.

Tettey was brilliant on saturday.
[/quote]

And we still lost..........for me Tetty IS the problem.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Tettey was brilliant on saturday.[/quote]

[/quote]Wiz; please be honest with me right now.  Do you actually watch any of our games?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Tettey was brilliant on saturday.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wiz; please be honest with me right now.  Do you actually watch any of our games?
[/quote]

Yes star, every single one.

Tettey was brilliant on saturday.[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s no reasoning with you.WE. WERE. PLAYING. TOP OF THE LEAGUE ARSENAL.I went to the game (not saying I''m a better fan or any of that sh*t- just stating a fact) and I thought that apart from 2 moments of brilliance, before Tettey went off, midfield was superb.Arsenal spent £42 million on ONE player.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Humour me Wiz - what was it about Tettey''s performance you didn''t like?

You''ve made a (rare) comment on footballing matters, you must have a reason why you think Johnson would be better than Tetty.

[/quote]

More suited to the English game and more robust in tackling imo. plus he doesn''t ''lose'' players like Tetty, especially at set pieces and he has a better engine.

So Tettey wins the ball back, tackles intercepts and passes to a colleague more often than BJ yet he is the problem?   BJ was the problem but remains an excellent back up for injury and suspension.   Bringing him back into the starting line up is a huge step back. 

For me Tettey is one of the reasons our central midfield is starting to look cohesive and competetive at last.   He and Fer are the building blocks of our attacking play.   Our issue is that our creatives (pilkington, snodgrass (in particular), Redmond,  Fer & howson) are not passing with enough accuracy in the final third to give RvW or Hooper a sniff.

Defensively the back 4 are not playing to last years level,  Martin remains better than whittaker imo but has looked suspect,  Seb & Turner solid but off the pace while Olsson simply needs to defend as well as he attacks.

Sometimes I wonder whether people have tuned into the right match - even if they are at the stadium! 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Humour me Wiz - what was it about Tettey''s performance you didn''t like?

You''ve made a (rare) comment on footballing matters, you must have a reason why you think Johnson would be better than Tetty.

[/quote]

More suited to the English game and more robust in tackling imo. plus he doesn''t ''lose'' players like Tetty, especially at set pieces and he has a better engine.

[/quote]

I would say ''losing'' players was always one of Johnson''s biggest weaknesses - Norwich conceeded goals from playings making runs into the box fairly regulary with Johnson on the pitch.

Whilst I agree that Johnson might have a ''better engine'' Tettey is a smarter player, he intercepts the ball well and is certainly not afraid of a 50/50 or a tackle (see how he wasn''t afraid to put his head in leading up to the injury with Flamini).

What Tettey does really well is retain possession and help Norwich build attacks - he had a 97% pass completion rate against Arsenal and was central to the good spell Norwich had just before half time and before Norwich scored. Tettey''s presence also allowed Fer and Howson to get further forward and provide a goal threat themselves - they always looked the most likely source of a goal.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

So Tettey wins the ball back, tackles intercepts and passes to a colleague more often than BJ yet he is the problem?   BJ was the problem but remains an excellent back up for injury and suspension.   Bringing him back into the starting line up is a huge step back. 

For me Tettey is one of the reasons our central midfield is starting to look cohesive and competetive at last.   He and Fer are the building blocks of our attacking play.   Our issue is that our creatives (pilkington, snodgrass (in particular), Redmond,  Fer & howson) are not passing with enough accuracy in the final third to give RvW or Hooper a sniff.

Defensively the back 4 are not playing to last years level,  Martin remains better than whittaker imo but has looked suspect,  Seb & Turner solid but off the pace while Olsson simply needs to defend as well as he attacks.

Sometimes I wonder whether people have tuned into the right match - even if they are at the stadium! 

[/quote]

But thats their opinion Zipper, and they have every right to say it.

So Howson, Tettey and Fer are beginning to build a really good understanding...At times outplaying teams like Arsenal and Chelsea....and you would replace one of them with Johnson in our next game ( a very much winnable one.. vs Cardiff)Really?!!?...Madness

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

But thats their opinion Zipper, and they have every right to say it.

[/quote]

Doesn''t mean anyone has to respect it though, or give it any credence.

Sorry, Wiz, but Bradders, to my mind is a Championship player who may have a cameo role in the Prem. Never a starter for me.

The Tettey, Fer, Howson combination, is, to be fair to CH, the best option we''ve got. Whether it''s good enough to keep us out of trouble remains to be seen, but for the moment he''s got to persist with it.

Would be absolutely insane to oust Tettey at this point. His inclusion in the team has coincided with our best performances of the season.

[quote user="splutcho"]Would be absolutely insane to oust Tettey at this point. His inclusion in the team has coincided with our best performances of the season.[/quote]

What? a 4-1 defeat?

Regardless of who its against, thats certifiable!!

[quote user="splutcho"]Would be absolutely insane to oust Tettey at this point. His inclusion in the team has coincided with our best performances of the season.[/quote]

What? a 4-1 defeat?

[/quote]

Two of those goals scored when he wasn''t on the pitch!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="First Wizard"]

What? a 4-1 defeat?

[/quote]

Two of those goals scored when he wasn''t on the pitch!

[/quote]

Don''t let the facts get in the way!!

Tettey has been excellent and along with Fer is providing a solid base that we can build from, bringing Johnson back would be regressive at this point.

[quote user="splutcho"]Yes Wiz. If you didn''t notice, we played the side top of the league, now stop trolling.[/quote]

Just because my opinion differs to yours does not make me a troll or your opinion anymore valid splutcho............there''s too much of that attitude and accusations on here these days.

[quote user="splutcho"]Yes Wiz. If you didn''t notice, we played the side top of the league, now stop trolling.[/quote]

Just because my opinion differs to yours does not make me a troll or your opinion anymore valid splutcho............there''s too much of that attitude and accusations on here these days.

[/quote]Most of it coming from YOU!

Coming from anyone else I would usually agree, however your opinion is less valid than anyone else''s on here. You go out of your way to cause commotion because you crave attention like a child. One can only assume you must be very lonely.

[/quote]

here we go again.  can I refer you to Bethnal''s excellent reply above.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.  That is not the same as a right to have that opinion respected and taken seriously.

I am entitled to believe that the Queen is actually a seven foot green lizard in disguise just as you are entitled to believe that Tettey is the problem.

Neither of us are entitled to have such beliefs taken seriously and respected by any right thinking sentient being.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I am entitled to believe that the Queen is actually a seven foot green lizard in disguise just as you are entitled to believe that Tettey is the problem.

Neither of us are entitled to have such beliefs taken seriously and respected by any right thinking sentient being.

[/quote]If forced to choose it''s the lizard theory every time for me!!

[quote user="splutcho"]Coming from anyone else I would usually agree, however your opinion is less valid than anyone else''s on here. You go out of your way to cause commotion because you crave attention like a child. One can only assume you must be very lonely.[/quote]

Sheer arrogance..........and so Pink Un.[:(]

The faux outrage is back, I''ll have my honour questioned next. Seen it and heard it all before. and yes, your opinion counts for nothing.

What? a 4-1 defeat?

[/quote]

It''s possible to play well and get beaten 4-1, especially when playing against a team in a run of form like Arsenal - none of Arsenal''s goals came from defensive errors and at least two of them were undefendable. Right up until Tettey was taken off Norwich were well in the game and looked like they could get a second goal - Hughton took an attacking risk in bringing on Hoolahan and it didn''t work - the same could be said of the Chelsea game.

Wenger came out after the game and said that 4-1 didn''t reflect the game and the final score was ''strange'' - he felt sorry for Norwich who had more than match Arsenal for a large part of the game but were outdone by a couple of moments of quality from a player who cost more than the entire Norwich team put together. Norwich played better on Saturday at the Emirates than Napoli did in their Champions League game.

[quote user="splutcho"]The faux outrage is back, I''ll have my honour questioned next. Seen it and heard it all before. and yes, your opinion counts for nothing.[/quote]

As you don''t have any I wouldn''t dream of it.[:|]