Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Mr McNally has a identified a theme.

@ TCCANARY

Playing a better brand of football, scoring goals, winning more than we have done. Being positive. Knowing how to change things when things aren''t going well. Making substations to change games, not just going like for like. I could go on but to me it''s quite clear that we will struggle. How many games have we won in the last 26? 5/6 games? Not that great.

As for our 11th place. Just like the 7-1 defeat at the hands of Colchester turned out to be one of the best results in our history considering what followed, that 11th place, whilst it looks good, could turn out to be a bad thing considering what we are left with in terms of our management team. We could easily have been relegated, but for playing a West Brom team that didn''t care and a Man City team that had Bryan Kidd in charge following Mancini''s sacking.

I do think some fans, McNally (from his comments on BBC Look East and elsewhere), Hughton etc have conveniently forgotten how near we were to relegation last season. Something we will be fighting against this season. I do think if we going into that last 4 games needing wins, we are doomed and I think that''s quite likely.

I didn''t want CH here this season, but he is, we have won two away games on the trot and discovered some real quality in the squad, you''ve got to stick with the guy and back him.

It''s up to us to get behind NCFC and create the best environment we can for success..

We have to stick with it, if it all goes tits up then reconsider, but as things stand we should be giving all the support we can to CH and the players.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@ TCCANARY Playing a better brand of football, scoring goals, winning more than we have done. Being positive. Knowing how to change things when things aren''t going well. Making substations to change games, not just going like for like. I could go on but to me it''s quite clear that we will struggle. How many games have we won in the last 26? 5/6 games? Not that great. As for our 11th place. Just like the 7-1 defeat at the hands of Colchester turned out to be one of the best results in our history considering what followed, that 11th place, whilst it looks good, could turn out to be a bad thing considering what we are left with in terms of our management team. We could easily have been relegated, but for playing a West Brom team that didn''t care and a Man City team that had Bryan Kidd in charge following Mancini''s sacking. I do think some fans, McNally (from his comments on BBC Look East and elsewhere), Hughton etc have conveniently forgotten how near we were to relegation last season. Something we will be fighting against this season. I do think if we going into that last 4 games needing wins, we are doomed and I think that''s quite likely.[/quote]

I don''t think you''re being at all fair, how are our management tean expected to make a substation to change a game?

And why is your stat (X wins in X games) valid but the finishing 11th one isn''t? Football is played and judged over a season not some random number of games that you decide is a benchmark.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@ TCCANARY

Playing a better brand of football, scoring goals, winning more than we have done. Being positive. Knowing how to change things when things aren''t going well. Making substations to change games, not just going like for like. I could go on but to me it''s quite clear that we will struggle. How many games have we won in the last 26? 5/6 games? Not that great.

As for our 11th place. Just like the 7-1 defeat at the hands of Colchester turned out to be one of the best results in our history considering what followed, that 11th place, whilst it looks good, could turn out to be a bad thing considering what we are left with in terms of our management team. We could easily have been relegated, but for playing a West Brom team that didn''t care and a Man City team that had Bryan Kidd in charge following Mancini''s sacking.

I do think some fans, McNally (from his comments on BBC Look East and elsewhere), Hughton etc have conveniently forgotten how near we were to relegation last season. Something we will be fighting against this season. I do think if we going into that last 4 games needing wins, we are doomed and I think that''s quite likely.[/quote]We could''ve lost both the West Brom and Man City games 10 nil and still survived. We finished 11th 3 points less than the season before losing one more game and with a -3 worse goal difference, the actual difference in real terms between Hughton and Lambert isn''t exactly huge (talking about results not subjective appraisals of playing style etc).

I do believe our squad is capable of playing a more attacking style that can hurt other teams more than we currently do. We could take it to teams but it always seem like the reigns are on our players. They are never allowed to just go for it! I go back to Everton at home last season. Hughton: "I was happy with the point, but the players wanted all three".

I take your point about the stats of 6 in 26 and 11th place. I understand what you mean. 11th place is 11th place. However, if the man Hughton was doing such a great job, a lot of fans would be backing him to the hilt instead of questioning him. You wouldn''t be hearing anything from the fans if they were happy with him. It''s not just fickle fans who don''t like Hughton''s style - it''s a wide range of fans. I also believe many fans DO rate Hughton, but again, if he has been so fantastic for us, why was he leading the sack race last week? Why do many fans want him out? Why have we just won 6 in 26?

All questions that are being asked regularly despite an 11th place finish. Tells you a lot. If he was that great these questions wouldn''t need to be asked at all. Not to mention our reliance on a certain Wigan/Swansea result last season. That 11th place finish wasn''t all that convincing. In fact it seemed damn right lucky.

''leading the sack race'' Do you not realise that Bookies have to make books & Reporters have to make stories, there is no sack race.

I don''t expect anyone to back him to the hilt, he needs to be questioned, all managers do but you said he wasn''t Premiership standard and the facts prove that he is.

You don''t seem to get it so I''ll repeat, football is played over a season, we must''ve been ''lucky'' for a long time to finish 11th.

I do get it pal, believe me, so no need to speak down to me. We all understand how the football season works. Get down off that high horse.

My point about the sack race is valid. No matter who invents such a race, if our main man Chris Hughton was doing such a good job then why would he be spoken about in ''sacking'' terms? Surely 11th place last season should mean all fans are happy, or at least most fans. Why aren''t they? Some fans after the Villa defeat last week thought we should still be happy. Why? Ok two away wins have followed but I wouldn''t call either of them promising.

Someone commented that the Norwich/Stoke game was "the day football died". Tough to disagree. Two poor sides who will be fighting for relegation come May.

TCCANARY wrote the following post at 2013-10-01 2:07 PM:

Row D Seat 7 wrote:

I do think we will struggle badly these season. Our squad is a good Premier League standard. Our management team isn''t.

What is the criteria for a management team to be known as a good Premier League management team?

One whose team is not in the bottom six of the table I would imagine!

Ahh City 2nd. Wondered where you went! I''m sticking with my 4/5/6 would you like to recalculate yours or are you expecting a points deduction.

Also, having played your game, a lot better than you played yourself I might add, are you going to play mine and take part in Rays Funds? The new thread will be up tomorrow[Y]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I do think we will struggle badly these season. Our squad is a good Premier League standard. Our management team isn''t.[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

[/quote]

What is the criteria for a management team to be known as a good Premier League management team?

[/quote]

Playing atractive, attacking football, playing your IN FORM striker and not performing 6 wins out of 26 for starters!

[/quote] Would finishing 11th with limited resources, and a limited squad - count as good premier league management? As for your `in form` claim, Hoopers first real game and scored 2 goals over 120 minutes. Do you think he was fully fit and fresh to play? What `attractive, attacking` football are you referring too? We were attacking under Lambert but alot of the time it wasn''t attractive. We played a lot of long balls - first half against Stoke we saw some great one-touch passing moves. I''ve said `We` as if im including you as a Norwich Fan. Just for the record, i''m not. Ta[/quote]

Oh do behave!

"Row D Seat 7"

I do think we will struggle badly these season. Our squad is a good Premier League standard. Our management team isn''t.

I could not disagree more with you!

They are 100% premier league management. Hughton achieved 11th place last season, we are currently 14th. I would be happy with 14th after the final game of this season. We are in a transitional period of the season, many players have left and 8 or 9 have come in during the transfer window, but look at the players he has brought to the squad during his time here. Quality in numbers. RvW, Hooper, Fer, Olsson, Bassong, Turner, Snoddy to name just 7, Replacing who exactly from the Lambert period of time?.... Simeon Jackson, Chris Martin, Zak Whitbread (ok, so Lambert released him), Elliot Ward, Adam Drury, Marc Tierney .... go on, you tell me the current squad hasnt been improved under Hughton.

Okay, so he isnt as proactive or dynamic in his press conferences and post-match interviews as Lambert. To be critical, perhaps his team style of play is certainly not ''gun-ho'' as Lambert was. Just look at the number of games under Lambert where we scored last minute goals, yes, some very important goals, but more often than not it was sh!t or bust in these matches under Lambert as defensively we were not as good then and were often chasing games. Perhaps, yes, just perhaps Hughton could get his team to show a little more gun-ho when we are trailing teams with 10minutes to go, but come on, take Villa at home this season yes we lost, but we gave it a real go for the most of the game. This match has been debated over many posted threads so I''ll not bother anymore, but Hughton and his team are premier league quality, they are here with us, and they have my support!

It''s would be wise not to forget that Hughton had a stronger squad last season than Lambert had the season before - which was by Prem standards very weak. The squad this season is even stronger and will probably be strengthened further in January.

Are we still little old Norwich all the time or only when people are trying to make a point?

If we are still in the Premier League in 3 years time and have strenghtened year on year, should we as fans just be happy just to survive? Even if that means scraping survival each season? If so does that mean we will indeed always be little old Norwich?

Well now Slim, as I see it Lamberts legacy is being built on. He came here  and performed miracles with the first team. The result of that has meant that we can now build for the future. Instead of having a team of "look how far we''ve come" surprising everyone by staying there we are building a premiership club from the academy through to the first team. How vcan that ne little ol'' Norwich?

[quote user="djc"]"Row D Seat 7"

I do think we will struggle badly these season. Our squad is a good Premier League standard. Our management team isn''t. [/quote]How many times has Bassong gone on record, and said the only reason he signed was because Hughton was manager, it was unlikely he''d have signed if he wasn''t, and that he made the decision to sign for Hughton in 10 minutes!

I do agree that Hughton being here has attracted good players ie. Bassong and Redmond. However, Peter Grant being here persuaded Mark Fotheringham to join us...

I know we are talking about a massive gulf in class there, but players are happy to follow certain managers. It doesn''t make the manager amazing.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I do think we will struggle badly these season. Our squad is a good Premier League standard. Our management team isn''t.[/quote]

Most reasonable post I have read on here for sometime

A challenge - let''s see who can find a positive post from this Row D Seat 7 muppet

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"] Someone commented that the Norwich/Stoke game was "the day football died". [/quote]

Anyone who said that was watching a different game from the highly entertaining match I went to on Sunday.  Probably a disappointment if you were a Stoke fan because we were much the better team and should really have scored more, but it was a quality game.  Certainly far better than the dour encounters you often get at the Britannia, regardless of who Stoke are playing.

I''m not always negative on here. Not at all. It''s just when I''ve posted positively people don''t take as much notice. I suppose because they can''t argue. Whereas if someone''s a wee bit negative it''s easier to criticise them.

It''s people like me that really make this forum worth looking at. And for that Dicky, you''re welcome.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It''s people like me that really make this forum worth looking at. [/quote]

Amen to that!