Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Straw poll- Hughton out NOW?

Monty wrote

No from me, he still has more games to prove himself and his team.

I''m starting to wonder what he is going to have to do to turn this around though and get the supporters on side.

Win a game? Play football ? Not be clueless on the pitch? Not be nervous and fragile at home? Not be lacking in any ambition away? I dunno...

Nice all round bloke with really good football knowledge, a coach, a great scout with an eye for a player but a number 2 for me, and for that reason I''m out.................so it''s a no from me.

No. But he has to start changing the way we play and be more prepared to use the squad, he has many good players at his disposal now, he must use them effectively.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Nice all round bloke with really good football knowledge, a coach, a great scout with an eye for a player but a number 2 for me, and for that reason I''m out.................so it''s a no from me.[/quote]So a no as in a YES from me.

No. Not out now. But today was worrying in two ways that point to a common problem with Hughton. The first is an perverse insistence in playing Elmander out of position. It was plain before today that formation of Elmander behind RvW wasn''t working, yet Hughton went with it again. It starts to look like a fear of dropping one or other or both out of two high-profile players.The second was that Snodgrass is apparently so little afraid of Hughton that he didn''t worry about the consequences of overruling him on who should take the penalty. Managers don''t have to be complete bastards but they should inspire a fair bit of fear in their players.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Is that in or out twitchy?[/quote]Trying to uncork a bottle and type at the same time while distracted by some shiny things, not one for the focusing me.

After the interview in which he was asked '' do you not have your penalty taker sorted before the game'' and he replied '' we don''t get many penalties'' I have to say go. There is no leadership and that is obviously feeding through to the players.

Poll so far:

Get out now: 30

Keep him: 24

Shot in the head:10

A resurgence in those wanting to keep him but so far those wanting him out are ahead.

I can understand the argument to give him a full 10 games but its got to be Yes from me with the proviso that the dynamic duo of Calderwood and Trollope go with him

Absolutely Highland. I know I have banged on before about those two. Cast a look at their cv''s - scary. Mind you I am not so sure Hoots comes out of that all that well

surely NOW has expired since BW put up the postotherwise if the question can remain open as far as how NOW is defined, then just how long is this NOW ?

[quote user="Lavanche"]no

get a grip. He did what moaners asked and we lost. Try to find new excuse.[/quote]So are you saying he reads the messageboards then picks his team and tactics around what the moaners want ? we really are in trouble then .

YES. No signs of change. 10 games is too much. Many suggest we won''t get points from the bigger teams coming up, and only Cardiff will realistically give us a hope of points. So we could use the up coming games to get a replacement getting his playing style into the team ethos, and hope for a fluke result of the honeymoon period and push on. 10 games is a quarter of the season, and would see us trailing.
I''d say no if he''d been unlucky or there were signs of promise but there are none. Sunderland and us are the whipping boys!

[quote user="City1st"]surely NOW has expired since BW put up the postotherwise if the question can remain open as far as how NOW is defined, then just how long is this NOW ?

[/quote]

I think the correct question is "How soon is now".

Yes. He''s stuck with the same approach to the way we play since January and we have won 5 games in the league since. He did well to keep us up last season but that owed a lot to an incredibly fortunate 10 game unbeaten run. We''re in a results business and we haven''t won enough games since mid December last year. 5 wins in 26 isn''t good enough at any level so it''s Hughton out from me.

I originally said give him 10 games but the team has shown absolutely zero signs of improving this season despite the big Summer outlay, so my brain is now asking why waste another 3/5 games on him?

I would sack him now on the proviso that we have somebody lined up straight away. There''s no point a caretaker being in charge for 4/5 games whilst we mess about trying to find a new manager.

To those saying we''d be a laughing stock if we sacked our manage now, i''d rather be a laughing stock now than be relegated at the end of the season, because that is where we are headed under Hughton. Take the blinkers off folks out form for the last 9 months has been shocking!

So it''s a yes from me...