Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Straw poll- Hughton out NOW?

Definitely out and now. 3 wins from 26 games ignoring the two freak results at the end of last season when WBA and Man City had their minds elsewhere says it all. Christmas is far too late. Teams in the bottom three then are normally there at the end of the season.  

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]No! But only so all of those who backed him vociferously while turning on the rest of us can SUFFER![/quote]

A bit sad and vindictive.

I ran a similar poll asking this board whether they wanted Holt to leave. 
The vast majority did not.
Seems Holt had more support than Hughton.
Holt wanted to leave because he wasn''t happy with Hughton''s tactics.
Could Holt be to Hughton what Huckerby was to Roeder?
Holt may not have been the most talented footballer, but we look like we need leadership on and off the pitch, and Holt was a great captain. 

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]No! But only so all of those who backed him vociferously while turning on the rest of us can SUFFER![/quote]

A bit sad and vindictive.

[/quote]

The guy''s lost it Herman. I''d love to know who these people are who turned on whoever the rest are.

No from me, he still has more games to prove himself and his team.

I''m starting to wonder what he is going to have to do to turn this around though and get the supporters on side.

Its comical, the team appears to have no clear leader and lacks a definitive strategy in the game apart from "try not to lose". For me, the Newcastle quotes about why they sacked him make sense, and the big question to me is how much longer can we hold out hope that something will change under Hughton''s management? I personally can''t see him changing the way he manages in one sense, good on him for sticking to his principles, but if they don''t work you need to have another plan, another strategy, a way to win the players over. I can''t see anything changing under Hughton, so for me I wouldn''t complain if he went now, though I can see uproar from a lot of fans and others in the football industry as a whole because all they see is a nice guy who won''t have been given enough time. He seems like a nice guy and all, and I had initially been glad at his appointment. He himself seems to lack confidence in the players, every team is better  than us, with quality players etc etc in his eyes, so god knows how the players must feel. For me, he just doesnt seem to be the right manager to take us forward.