Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

USA Canaries

[quote user="TexasCanary"]Like the first one and your avatar the best. Come and get it would be lost on most outside of Tejas. And the club might see it as a little non PC

I''m in. How many do we need to get a group recognized by the club?[/quote]That''s not a club the Canary is on, but a cannon... even more non-PC, but hey this IS Texas we''re talking about.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_GonzalesI don''t know because NCFC''s webpage on the matter doesn''t provide a whole lot of guidance - http://www.canaries.co.uk/fans/global_canaries/I almost get the sense it''s as informal as "Let us know about your group and we''ll recognize it."

[quote user="mfosterftw"]That''s not a club the Canary is on, but a cannon... even more non-PC, but hey this IS Texas we''re talking about.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gonzales[/quote]Nevermind... I see what you''re saying... misread it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Loads of you guys then yet only two PUPs. We could do with your help on Rays Funds each week[Y]

SOB I think the guy you''re talking about is Houston''s mate Seattle Canary.

[/quote]

I''m on the iPhone so the quotes likely to be messed up. Nige in reference to SOB''s point, yes I messed up the hospital name, but considering I hadn''t had to go there since I was 8 years old and never passed it, I generally had been calling it the wrong name all this time. If I was making it up, Google would have corrected me when I searched it.

Funny how people pick on one thing. Never mind the fact I went through Caister first middle and high and then East Norfolk sixth form and no one picks on that. Kinda pedantic.

Anyway moved to Spain 2006-2011. Ireland 2011-2012, and have been in Seattle for 15 months now where my wife lives and I''m a resident.

Lone Star Canaries saw a 50% increase in membership last night.  Of course that makes the total count only three, but from little acorns, as the saying goes.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

SOB I think the guy you''re talking about is Houston''s mate Seattle Canary.

[/quote]

It is.

I love America, got some family in Canada.

I couldn''t be bothered to read the whole thread but how many of you S A canaries are natives and how many are English exports?

That amaze me how we get fans everywhere. Bumped into one in Weston Super-Mare last year on a weekend break, incredible.

I''m not an expat.  Born and spent most of my childhood in Kansas.  Family is from Oklahoma going back to the late 19th century land runs, and from Texas (where I currently live) before that.So, why Norwich?When I was about 12 years old my paternal grandmother gave me her family lineage book (Balderston).  Open it up to page one and everything is traced back to Norwich.  In fact one ancestor was mayor in the early 18th century.  There I am reading the sports page on Sunday and there''s the First Division standings.  Hey, there''s Norwich City... I guess that''s my team!Been that way ever since.

Hey guys and gals,

I live in Austin and I''m looking for someone to watch the match with tomorrow. I was thinking Fado''s but Haymaker is also open for games now and I wouldn''t mind dong that. I hope someone from Austin is on here!

OTBC

[quote user="mfosterftw"]I''m not an expat.  Born and spent most of my childhood in Kansas.  Family is from Oklahoma going back to the late 19th century land runs, and from Texas (where I currently live) before that.So, why Norwich?When I was about 12 years old my paternal grandmother gave me her family lineage book (Balderston).  Open it up to page one and everything is traced back to Norwich.  In fact one ancestor was mayor in the early 18th century.  There I am reading the sports page on Sunday and there''s the First Division standings.  Hey, there''s Norwich City... I guess that''s my team!Been that way ever since.[/quote]

I reckon thats plenty good enough reason to be a fan. Your family were here before even the club. Almost romantic!!

[quote user="OnTheBallTexas"]Hey guys and gals,

I live in Austin and I''m looking for someone to watch the match with tomorrow. I was thinking Fado''s but Haymaker is also open for games now and I wouldn''t mind dong that. I hope someone from Austin is on here!

OTBC[/quote]There was one but we''re not sure if she''s still around.I am trying to get a Texas-based supporter group organized.  Right now there''s two of us in DFW and one in Houston.  I''ve got a Facebook group going at https://www.facebook.com/groups/827606653932473/Hope to see you there!