Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

USA Canaries

This might have been done on here before. But looking at the number of posts from people such as "Houston" Canary and "Portland" Canary and the late night posts. Who else is on here from the United States?

There''s a Texan Canary who hasn''t been on In a while who I think is from Fort Worth. He was on the non-football threads quite often. Very bright guy and good writer based on his posts.

I suppose the name says all there is to know about this lurker. 24 years in New Mexico. More of a Linnet than a Canary but its a happy Saturday when I can start the day with a "Norfolk double"

That is my point Smithy, there is a poster that has only recently come to the fore, who tends only to post if we lose, who purports to be an ex pat from the Gt Yarmouth area but went on to say he was born in the "James Pageant", when I called him on it he made some excuse about it being a long time ago!!......

Question for you USA guys;I''m going to be over there for work for the next week and a half. The only game we have in that time due to the international break is Chelsea on Sunday.So, I''ve researched, and I see the game is on NBC Sports Network Sunday morning. Is this a basic channel everyone has? Or, is this an extra subscription channel? I''ll be staying at a friends house that morning, and when I asked him if he has NBC Sports, his response was a resounding ''not sure''....

Born and bred in New York City. Lived in Cambridge in ''89 when I caught the NCFC bug. Lived again in England in 93-94 which was a good time.

Chelsea match will be on NBC Sports. Its part of most Basic Cable systems now. We should be on the main network, unless they decide to show Swansea/So''ton which I doubt. Shouldn''t be hard to find.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Then there''s another Texas-based fan on here with a Texas-based name.

I thought I was the only one on here from Houston. Nice to know I''m not.[/quote]I haven''t posted here in awhile, so maybe it''s me (the "FTW" being Fort Worth).That said, I''m trying to put together a Texas based supporter group for anyone interested.  There''s two of us from DFW so far.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/827606653932473/Home to hear from anyone else in the Lone Star State!

Hello - I am an ex-pat Canary fan living in Denver. There are a few of us in Colorado. If you have NBC as part of acable package you can log in online at nbc sports live and stream the games for free. There is also an App. Enjoy. OTBC.

[quote user="mfosterftw"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Then there''s another Texas-based fan on here with a Texas-based name.

I thought I was the only one on here from Houston. Nice to know I''m not.[/quote]I haven''t posted here in awhile, so maybe it''s me (the "FTW" being Fort Worth).That said, I''m trying to put together a Texas based supporter group for anyone interested.  There''s two of us from DFW so far.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/827606653932473/Home to hear from anyone else in the Lone Star State![/quote]

Upon further review, it appears the other Texas person here might be "Yellow Rose of Texas," who is from Austin.

Loads of you guys then yet only two PUPs. We could do with your help on Rays Funds each week[Y]

SOB I think the guy you''re talking about is Houston''s mate Seattle Canary.

I''ve put together some thoughts for imagery and flags for a Texas-based supporter group:I''ve mocked up a Texas-themed badge, replacing the battlements and lion with the Alamo and an armadillo: http://imgur.com/FqZmwFm

and I''ve taken the Gonzales Flag from the Texas Revolution and planted the canary on it: http://imgur.com/E0aJlib

and I''ve taken the Texas flag, recolored it, and replaced the star with the Texas-themed badge (common among sports teams in the state): http://imgur.com/JvaY214

and finally, I''ve mocked up a supporters flag using the St. George''s template the other groups seem to be using: http://imgur.com/9pK1U9h

The St. George''s template flag is a little busy IMO. Texas has tons of

imagery to draw on so what I went for were elements that were simple and

easy to identify. If I had my druthers I''d replace the longhorn (symbol of my college team''s hated rival)

in the lower left with bluebonnets, but the silhouette is simpler and I

can just change the colors to neutralize the reference to the

University of Texas mascot. The longhorn is also featured prominently

as official City of Fort Worth iconography, appearing on vehicles,

letterhead, buildings, street signs, etc... it even has a name (we call her "Molly")... so as I explained to my kids, it''s a longhorn, not THE Longhorn.

So for now my goal is to get a decent enough sized group of people by the start of next season to get recognition by the club...

Like the first one and your avatar the best. Come and get it would be lost on most outside of Tejas. And the club might see it as a little non PC

I''m in. How many do we need to get a group recognized by the club?

Southern California...

I believe Yellow Rose of Texas may have moved out of state, it''s been a long time since she last posted.