Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

Apology to Jamie Redknapp

In Jamies'' pre season report on his sky sports column he said he thought Norwich would struggle. Cue cries of outrage from Norwich fans. He doesn''t know what his talking about most said. Even i was taken a little bit by surprise at being tipped for relegation. However 5 games in and you have to say it looks like he was spot on in picking us out to struggle and be in a relegation fight. So i for one would like to be the bigger man and say i''m sorry for ever doubting you Jamie.

It''s not just about the 5 games in, also about the quality of the opposition and games to come.

Where are we going to get the 9 wins and 9 draws from the 33 games left?

Last season we got 15 points away from home, I can''r see where any wins are coming from away from FCR with the way we set up.

I sort of agree with City1st last year, our third season in this division is always about pushing on and to be honest I think we have moved backwards, the players don''t appear to know how to create chances and score goals.

I can''t see that 10 game unbeaten run this season, we have no leaders on or off the pitch and the players are not a TEAM yet as shown by Snodders and others this season.

The next 5 games are tough strting with tonight and I can only see us picking up 1 point against Cardiff and being knocked out the cup tonight! I hope I''m wrong but is anyone confident of anything else in the next 5 games?

[quote user="Hannibal II"]In Jamies'' pre season report on his sky sports column he said he thought Norwich would struggle. Cue cries of outrage from Norwich fans. He doesn''t know what his talking about most said. Even i was taken a little bit by surprise at being tipped for relegation. However 5 games in and you have to say it looks like he was spot on in picking us out to struggle and be in a relegation fight. So i for one would like to be the bigger man and say i''m sorry for ever doubting you Jamie.[/quote]... and I said we''d get around 38 points and also got slated.  Will somebody apologise to me for having similar thoughts ?  

This was the table 5 games in last season..

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2012-09-23

Spot the difference.

Was this a clear reflection of how things panned out last season? Did we finish 17th last season? Did Liverpool struggle and get relegated? Did West Brom qualify for the Champions League??

You can not extrapolate a successful or failed season from 5 games in.

Sorry.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]This was the table 5 games in last season..

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2012-09-23

Spot the difference.

Was this a clear reflection of how things panned out last season? Did we finish 17th last season? Did Liverpool struggle and get relegated? Did West Brom qualify for the Champions League??

Sorry.[/quote]Exactly this. How many of you doom mongers were certain we were going to get relegated five games into last season? Panned out alright in the end, didn''t it? The season isn''t always defined early on. How often have we actually come flying out of the traps? I wouldn''t say we are in a relegation battle until we are five games away from the end of the season and it is out of our hands.Of course there are concerns about the style of play and of course we would have liked to have beaten Hull and got more from Aston Villa, but things do change over the course of a season and we will never, ever get the exact results people are expecting across the entire season. If we (and every other team did) the bookies would be out of a job.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]This was the table 5 games in last season..

Spot the difference.

Sorry.[/quote]Exactly this. How many of you doom mongers were certain we were going to get relegated five games into last season? Panned out alright in the end, didn''t it? The season isn''t always defined early on. How often have we actually come flying out of the traps? I wouldn''t say we are in a relegation battle until we are five games away from the end of the season and it is out of our hands.Of course there are concerns about the style of play and of course we would have liked to have beaten Hull and got more from Aston Villa, but things do change over the course of a season and we will never, ever get the exact results people are expecting across the entire season. If we (and every other team did) the bookies would be out of a job.[/quote]We will always struggle with Hughton and his defensive philosophy coupled with poor leadership/management skills as Newcastle also believed they would, so he must go.

[quote user="paul moy"]We will always struggle with Hughton and his defensive philosophy coupled with poor leadership/management skills as Newcastle also believed they would, so he must go.[/quote]And after a decent first season, his replacement at Newcastle struggled last season. What is Pardew''s philosophy? What do you advocate, Paul? Changing manager at the end of every season?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]This was the table 5 games in last season..

Spot the difference.

Sorry.[/quote]Exactly this. How many of you doom mongers were certain we were going to get relegated five games into last season? Panned out alright in the end, didn''t it? The season isn''t always defined early on. How often have we actually come flying out of the traps? I wouldn''t say we are in a relegation battle until we are five games away from the end of the season and it is out of our hands.Of course there are concerns about the style of play and of course we would have liked to have beaten Hull and got more from Aston Villa, but things do change over the course of a season and we will never, ever get the exact results people are expecting across the entire season. If we (and every other team did) the bookies would be out of a job.[/quote]

It all depends on how you define "worked out all right" as regards last season, Chip. A couple of weeks ago, I and a few others were taken to task when I mentioned that we came very close to relegation last season. I was told I was wrong...that we were never in any danger of relegation, that everything in the garden was rosy then, and it still is now. It''s interesting that some of the people who made these criticisms are now either rarely heard, or are well on the way to changing their viewpoint.

Of course it is ony 5 games into the season, but, can anyone honestly say that they''ve seen anything so far that suggests that we are going to score the goals and win the points and games required to make this season anything other than a struggle; one that at present we''d look like losing ?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="paul moy"]We will always struggle with Hughton and his defensive philosophy coupled with poor leadership/management skills as Newcastle also believed they would, so he must go.[/quote]And after a decent first season, his replacement at Newcastle struggled last season. What is Pardew''s philosophy? What do you advocate, Paul? Changing manager at the end of every season? [/quote]I never wanted Hughton and quoted my doubts before he was appointed. I have no doubts now, so he must go.

i think if you checked the table after 36 games last season you would clearly see we was in deep deep trouble. only saved by two results at the end and wigan''s distraction in the fa cup in my opinion . Nothing has changed the start of this season from how we''ve played since December last year.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]i think if you checked the table after 36 games last season you would clearly see we was in deep deep trouble. only saved by two results at the end and wigan''s distraction in the fa cup in my opinion . Nothing has changed the start of this season from how we''ve played since December last year.[/quote]In other words, he was only saved by the usual peaks and troughs that happen to us and to other teams throughout any given season.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]

Of course it is ony 5 games into the season, but, can anyone honestly say that they''ve seen anything so far that suggests that we are going to score the goals and win the points and games required to make this season anything other than a struggle; one that at present we''d look like losing ?[/quote]Could you see anything after five games last season to suggest where the goals and points would come from?

If you call a trough, what is it now 5 wins in 26 games, two of which were against teams who were already on their summer holidays then i want whatever your on.

CC This was the table 5 games in last season..

Oh NO - look at that table again - Reading, QPR and Wigan in the bottom six!

I would suggest you can for sure get some idea about success or failure only five games in to a season!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Chip20"][quote user="paul moy"]We will always struggle with Hughton and his defensive philosophy coupled with poor leadership/management skills as Newcastle also believed they would, so he must go.[/quote]And after a decent first season, his replacement at Newcastle struggled last season. What is Pardew''s philosophy? What do you advocate, Paul? Changing manager at the end of every season? [/quote]I never wanted Hughton and quoted my doubts before he was appointed. I have no doubts now, so he must go. [/quote]

So basically if the club doesnt appoint the manager YOU want, you wont support him?

GTFO.

That''s just my point, Chip. No I did not see anything...and, despite what some would have you believe, last season turned out to be a real struggle, didn''t it ? I guess you are suggesting that things might just turn round in the same way as they did after the Arsenal victory. No doubt we will have a similar purple patch at some stage, but to be frank, our chances this season depend on how long the patch is and how purple.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]Hate to say i told you so but JR called this from the start. Maybe he does know a thing or two after all[/quote]Lol, what an utterly pointless point to make.Why bother?

So are you suggesting that we should apologise to JR for supporting our club? How fecking tinpot little ol'' norwich do you want to be?

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Thread necromancy should be a crime.[/quote]Except when it is for comedy.I told you so, isn''t comedy.

Forget redknapp ....... When will Adrian Forbes apologise to that guy from canary call the other week!!!???

The usual Hughton apologists lining up on this thread.

I''m surprised they''re not keeping lower profile after fifteen months of blindness and fifteen months of proving their considerable footballing ignorance is matched only by their substantial keyboard ego.

[quote user="unique"]The usual Hughton apologists lining up on this thread.

I''m surprised they''re not keeping lower profile after fifteen months of blindness and fifteen months of proving their considerable footballing ignorance is matched only by their substantial keyboard ego.[/quote]Okay, can anyone in the class spot a good example of irony in this post.Anyone?