Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Dreading the Chelsea game

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]90 minutes of side ways and back wards passing, defensive play and only 1 up front. Rarely getting out of our own half. Is my prediction as to how it will go.

I hope he follows lamberts example against man city and surprises us all and plays hooper and rvw together but some how I doubt it

Hughton out I want the messiah back[/quote]
Did you even watch our two games against Man City last season?
3-4 at home and 3-2 away.
I dispair. 
You want Lambert back because he beat Man City at home? Well I want Hughton to stay because he beat Man City away, is that ok with you?

" I want the messiah back "

As I hear do many, but when did this turn into a religious discussion?...

No reason at all to dread the Chelsea match, if we play to our potential we will give them a good game and they will not be looking forward to playing us away after a tough European match, even with some rotation. As for Villa vs Man City.....Villa that day shoudl have lost by at least three clear goals, how they didnt is a miracle, they had a HUGE slice of luck and good fortune and played the majority of the match on the back foot and in a very defensive formation......there will not be another game this season where a team so dominant loses!

Torres is out suspended and apparently Hazard is very doubtful with an ankle injury - still got a v strong squad but every little helps and who knows they may pick up another injury or two in the Champions League tonight

The OP''s avatar is appropriate.

I don''t think it''s a coincidence he posted this during the teachers strike....

I will look forward to bumping this thread on Sunday when I am proven correct. I also predict we will have less than 50 per cent possession even though we are at home.

Against Jose Mourinho''s Chelsea?

Well while we''re at it I''d like to predict that the day after we play will be monday and that the grass in my back garden will be green.

Absolute moron.

"Waveney Canary"I will look forward to bumping this thread on Sunday when I am proven correct. I also predict we will have less than 50 per cent possession even though we are at home.

With that crazy prediction you should put a bet on. You will get amazing odds of at least 1/5. You''ll be in the money.

[quote user="splutcho"]Against Jose Mourinho''s Chelsea?

Well while we''re at it I''d like to predict that the day after we play will be monday and that the grass in my back garden will be green.

Absolute moron.[/quote]

We are in violent agreement. In the battle of careful Chris v expansive Jose there will only be one winner. Before any one mentions the cost of the Chelsea squad I would refer you to careful chris v Luton town it is not about how much you spend but the attitude you show when you play the game

Going to ignore the OP because...well...obviously.

Anyway, for all the hype, Chelsea has looked very beatable this season. Not saying we could scalp three off of them, but a draw is entirely within the realm of possibility.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Going to ignore the OP because...well...obviously.

Anyway, for all the hype, Chelsea has looked very beatable this season. Not saying we could scalp three off of them, but a draw is entirely within the realm of possibility.[/quote]Maybe I''m clutching at straws here but... we are completely focused on Chelsea this weekend and we have relieved the pressure by getting the three Stoke points before this difficult run of games. Chelsea have to go to Romania tonight, they really need to focus on this game because they lost at home to Basle. They then need to fly back to London in the early hours, take tomorrow off to sleep and then start thinking about Norwich on Thursday. They might get injuries tonight too. I don''t see this as a routine Chelsea win, I think the conditions are there for an upset.Queue a Chelsea 3-0 win and me looking like an overly optimistic fool.

OP - trying to think of a nicer way to put this but really can''t...,you are simply a total muppet.

We have a league game v Chelsea to look forward to. We may of win. We may even not have the ball that much and we may eventually lose....

And I still can''t wait.

Because we SUPPORT our team...don''t we?

You are all very contradictory one moment I don''t know what I am talking about the next I am getting odds of 1/5 because what I am saying is obvious. The balanced amongst you know I am bang on the money

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]You are all very contradictory one moment I don''t know what I am talking about the next I am getting odds of 1/5 because what I am saying is obvious. The balanced amongst you know I am bang on the money[/quote]

I''m sorry you don''t understand why you''re annoying to everyone. :''(

It''s not that you''re bravely going out on a limb making a bold and unprecedented proclamation, it''s that you did it is such an ugly way. You''re right that we may loose to Chelsea, but everything else you said (never got the ball out of our half, negative tactics, Lambert was braver, etc) just makes you look...well...dumb.

Cheers!

It''s interesting OP says he looks forward to being proven right.

I believe Hughton has figured things out enough to not start the home game on TH back foot. That has failure written all over it. We attacked Stoke in their house; I think we can attack a tired, busy, depleted Chelsea in our house.

So hoping for a style Hughton is unlikely to use again any time soon, and hoping we lose........EVER means he is more concerned about being right.

What a tool.

If you were a Norwich fan, at some point you''d say you hope you''re wrong, but.......

I can take a bit of stick in fact I believe if you live by the sword then u except it but taking stick from plastics who never go near the Carra is to much.

If this creature is a genuine Canary supporter he should be hounded down and gelded. Heaven forbid him pro-creating. What a total moron. Of course Chelsea will be favourites for this match and of course it is likely that they will have more possession than us, but to say he will come on here to crow about it if we lose is mind boggling.

"The offensive part of our game hasn''t clicked yet"I agree, those really rude swear words can be difficult to get a grasp ofperhaps the players could be encouraged to drop their shorts and do a moonieor just make abusive remarks to the away fans