Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Dreading the Chelsea game

90 minutes of side ways and back wards passing, defensive play and only 1 up front. Rarely getting out of our own half. Is my prediction as to how it will go.

I hope he follows lamberts example against man city and surprises us all and plays hooper and rvw together but some how I doubt it

Hughton out I want the messiah back

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Go get a tissue and dry your eyes. Or go find your teddy.Man City battered a highly defensive, negative Villa side and only a very stupid fan would think otherwise. You fall perfectly into that category.[/quote]

Clearly not a norwich fan lambert doesn''t do defensive

[quote user="Waveney Canary"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Go get a tissue and dry your eyes. Or go find your teddy.Man City battered a highly defensive, negative Villa side and only a very stupid fan would think otherwise. You fall perfectly into that category.[/quote]

Clearly not a norwich fan lambert doesn''t do defensive[/quote]waveney you clearly didn''t watch the game ergo your opinion is invalid.

Why on earth would you not be looking forward to the Chelsea game? Excellent performance at the weekend, very promising going forward and aside from that, all of the big teams have looked very beatable and there''s no reason we can''t spring a shock.

I''m starting to think you''re not a Norwich fan at all Waveney. I''m yet to meet a real fan that doesn''t have at least a shred of optimism before any game.

And as for your "Messiah" (as a side note, he''s gone, get over it, it''s pathetic) I can name you plenty of games where he was defensive.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

No ambition, defensive mindset 

Wiz out!

:-P

[/quote]

Touche............Huzzah![:D]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]90 minutes of side ways and back wards passing, defensive play and only 1 up front. Rarely getting out of our own half. Is my prediction as to how it will go.

I hope he follows lamberts example against man city and surprises us all and plays hooper and rvw together but some how I doubt it

Hughton out I want the messiah back[/quote]

First rule of football is that if you are in possession that means the opposition cannot score. The interplay btn midfield and defenders is not done so as to frustrate the fans but to frustrate the opposition and get movement in their defensive line up.ie Probing for weakness. The Stoke game in the first half was a classic example of this.

The offensive part of our game hasn''t clicked yet, but it will, playing you best players in their best positions isn''t a luxury we have had so far this season. Sundays game was an indication that we are progressing. I''m looking forward to it, i remember watching Colchester and Carlisle not so long ago.

H

[quote user="haisbrohacker"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]90 minutes of side ways and back wards passing, defensive play and only 1 up front. Rarely getting out of our own half. Is my prediction as to how it will go. I hope he follows lamberts example against man city and surprises us all and plays hooper and rvw together but some how I doubt it Hughton out I want the messiah back[/quote] First rule of football is that if you are in possession that means the opposition cannot score. The interplay btn midfield and defenders is not done so as to frustrate the fans but to frustrate the opposition and get movement in their defensive line up.ie Probing for weakness. The Stoke game in the first half was a classic example of this. The offensive part of our game hasn''t clicked yet, but it will, playing you best players in their best positions isn''t a luxury we have had so far this season. Sundays game was an indication that we are progressing. I''m looking forward to it, i remember watching Colchester and Carlisle not so long ago. H[/quote]

The first rule of football is that you don''t talk about football.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]90 minutes of side ways and back wards passing, defensive play and only 1 up front. Rarely getting out of our own half. Is my prediction as to how it will go.

Hughton out I want the messiah back[/quote]If we go 4 4 2 against Chelsea.A team who generally play a variation of 4 5 1 we will be ripped to shredsThey will dominate the midfield and poor old RVW and Hooper would get even less service than usualThis is a good game for Hughton.Reckon he will pack the midfield to frustrate the Chelsea boys. Limit their chances and they will get frustrated, probably resulting in them pushing further up the pitch and allowing us to hit on the counterHave a feeling we may see a good battle here1-1 for me.

We generally put in a good performance against the top clubs at home, nothing to dread but plenty to look forward to.

Schools out in Norfolk due to teachers industrial action!

Mmmmm

What an absolutely ridiculous post from the OP.

Playing teams like Chelsea is one of the main avenues of excitement you get for being in the Premier League, the hope you''ll (and as we have quite often done) take a scalp.

We can''t win the league so this is the prize for us and quite frankly.. it''s worth it.

OTBC

Hughton out I want the messiah back[/quote]

OP is it half term in Suffolk already?

Oh dear so many hughton apologists on this thread. Clearly happy with his negative tactics. Sitting back against Chelsea''s attack will only mean we have a guaranteed game. We need to take the game to them especially at home . 442 or bust

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]90 minutes of side ways and back wards passing, defensive play and only 1 up front. Rarely getting out of our own half. Is my prediction as to how it will go. I hope he follows lamberts example against man city and surprises us all and plays hooper and rvw together but some how I doubt it Hughton out I want the messiah back[/quote]

You literally have no idea what you''re talking about.

1. Playing 4-4-2 against Chelsea would lead to us getting a whipping as you can bet your a&se Mourinho will play 5 midfielders.

2. Villa were murdered by City and were unbelievable fortunate to not get a hiding, let alone win. Play that game another 99 times and City would win 99 times.

3. Calling Lambert the messiah now is binner mentality. He was the messiah, but then he turned into the Judas.

You are clearly Wiz or City1st in disguise, or a massive binner troll, (which is the same thing).

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Guaranteed defeat[/quote]Odds-on it will be but stranger things have happened.....It certainly is a massive help that we won at Stoke. 7 points from 6 games looks a lot healthier than 4 from 6 with Chelsea and Arsenal coming up. Realistically we''ll still be on 7 from 8 after the next 2 games which is marginally better than the 6 points we had from 8 at the same stage last season.By co-incidence Arsenal were also the opponents in our 8th League game last time round

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Oh dear so many hughton apologists on this thread. Clearly happy with his negative tactics. Sitting back against Chelsea''s attack will only mean we have a guaranteed game. We need to take the game to them especially at home . 442 or bust[/quote]

There''s nothing to apologise for.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Time will tell but I suspect I will be proven right re the defeat if we play his usual negative approach. Faint heart never won fair maiden[/quote]

Dont go then you absolute tool.