Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit Rebel

Worthy's Time Has Run Out!!

Worhy did not lose us the game today and a extra 13 million ....certain players and a crap ref did

here we go! yet another wanting worthy out! why oh why do you lot persist? you have been spoiled over the last 4 years and you need to wake up. yes weve been relegated but that was down to that sorry effort of a performance this afternoon and a few other games this season. do you think worthy should go for signing ashton, huckerby, mckenzie, too!!!!!!

"Do you need to say any more?!

No, you don''t. Because you''re full of it. I don''t think I could bear any more.

Two dreadful mistakes by the ref and a couple more very dubious ones knocked the stuffing out of us after a bright start. Worthington should stay but can anyone explain 2nd half tactics. Was helveg injured? There was no shape to the team at all.We looked completely lost. I hope we do get a good figure for Francis but can you seriously see any prem club wanting him. The most important signing for me would be a central midfielder to partner Safri but who?

I have to confess my opinion has begun to swing towards the out camp. It started after Safri''s substitution and the second goal. To me, it is pretty inept managing if you try to maintain the same formation through the game and not actively try to counteract Chris Coleman''s 4-5-1 formation. Fulham dominated the whole game through the midfield just because of the extra man. For me, there were 2 options: either go 4-5-1 ourselves, or more realistically immediately go to 4-3-3 because at 2-0 down we had nothing to lose and it wouldn''t matter about the result as long as we tried to fight.

It is more or less accepted here that Holt is past it and as other posters have said, they knew the game was up when he came on. The best option would have been to bring on Jonson on the left and put Hucks up front to try and get the attacking options sorted more. I just cannot understand why the bench was content to sit back and continue as normal at 2-0!! Regardless of whether they knew the other scores, Norwich should have attacked much harder as we knew that a win was what was needed. I believe the fans would have been far happier to watch a good attacking game (from both sides) with a high scoreline rather than the one way onslaught at a weak opposition that I heard on the radio and from a friend who watched it.

And then, Helveg goes off!! Come on!! I don''t care what people think, he is a better quality defender than Fleming if Worthy''s plan was to go with 3 at the back. Haven''t a clue what went on second half (started to become delirious under the Birmingham afternoon sun!)...the way they had a strike but pass the ball to let Cole score just about sums it up how Fulham dominated from van der Saar''s back line to Greeno''s.

This has to be my first rant of the season, but we had a real chance of avoiding relegation and we threw it away in the most embarrassing fashion which won''t be forgotten in a hurry by many people. 

Ok, things didn''t go our way today - but to blame Worthy for taking Safri off when he was injured and asked to come off just beggars belief.  I sat at home (sorry if this doesn''t make a me a TRUE supporter, but there you go) and watched the game on Sky, and I was proud of the boys - yes we lost 6-0, but we lost 6-0 trying to WIN the game - just waht most people have been asking all season.

It''s hard to find a truly bad performance from anyone today - I would have said Safri, but he was injured; maybe Francis could take some blame (especially for the first goal), and our final ball was awful all afternoon - but otherwise the effort and commitment was all but there.

A few bad calls from a referee trying too hard not to keep us up controversially have effectively relegated us controversially - but that''s the way the cookie crumbles.  We haven''t been quite good enough all season - but we made a bloody good fight of it.

Tonight, I am proud to be a Norwich City fan.

Brum, I couldn''t get past your first few lines.... how is substituting a clearly injured player totally inept? (Safri, viz big ice bag on his leg afterwards!). What''s he supposed to do?

Yes, we''ve gone down, but that was always on the cards from the start of the season and in the end we were only yay far from staying up, just one or two results where our luck had fallen differently and we''d be where West Brom are. Worthy is still the best manager we''ve had in years, and is still building the club up. If we get shot of some of the less good players and strengthen again this year, we''ll come back stronger.

i think you''ll find Helveg was replaced before a) he got a 2nd booking and we were reduced to 10 men b) a conceded another free kick on the edge of the area

Don''t think Safri was fully fit either.

Once the 3rd goal went in we were doomed so it don''t matter about nos 4-6.

The defence were a shambles (no surprises there) and Fulham just breezed through our midfield.

We expected wba to win so we might was been hung as sheep than as lambs. We lost it really in the games vs Man City (home), Blackburn (home and away), Fulham (home).

Today''s results was 1 of 38. We just weren''t good enough for the premiership over the course of 38 matches. Lets hope for a promotion season!

[quote]Do i really need to say anymore?[/quote]

Yes you do - please answer this question:

Who should be appointed as our new manager if Worthy is sacked?

Saffri went off because of a reccurence of his groin injury so you can hardly blame worthy for that. Mind u I have to say that considering it was a must win game it was a feeble performance and after the second goal went in any organisation seemed to disappear. We succumbed far to easily in the second half and 6-0 is a pathetic scoreline against a team with nothing to play for and is frankly not good enough. Still having been a fan for 32 years I have seen it all before more than once.

[quote]Do i really need to say anymore?[/quote]

YES, who do u think is gonna take over should Worthy go?

If Worthy is sooo bad, name the person who is sooo good to take over from him!!

I''m looking forward to what u have to say.

Longy.

Helveg came off with an injury, Jonson played right back as he did at Pompey. Safri came off because of an injury, Holt is the next best thing we have in the current squad.

Of the team''s that came up, the one that has stayed up is the one who had the most money to spend. This say''s it all about what is required to stay in the premiership. Yes we''ve gone down but we''re a lot more stable than we were, our ground is bigger and we now have a proven 20+ striker at Championship level.

If you want to say Worthy Out then fair enough, that''s your opinion but the job he has done at Norwich on the pitch and behind the scenes since he took over is incredible. I have every confidence that with some additions in the summer we can bounce back with no problems.

Before anyone starts moaning about the substitutions, Safri had done his hamstring. You could see the bandage round his knee as he walked off. Helveg ditto, he went straight to the physio at half time. Personally I though Holt might have played right back and put Jonson on the right of midfield.

Mistakes were made (long balls all afternoon) but substitutions were force, bar Bentley. I would love to see Helveg back next season.

Safri scraped through a late fitness test and went off limping.
I had commented halfway through the 2nd half that Safri seemed anonymous.
How is it Worthy''s fault if a player gets injured?

So by me making a judgement i am a hipicrit and not a true fan?

This fan has followed City for 18 years and been stuck on a coach for 24 hours each way going to Arnhem and Munich in our glory years and i have also been a season ticket for many years as well so i think that i am pretty well placed to judge!!

I speak for me and many others who obviously don''t seem to want to voice there opinion in this way who think that our Premiership relegation is down to Nigel Worthington!!

Come on Norwich fans,we are far to forgiving!!

Yes Worthy has given us success since he took over at the helm but now we need to move forward with the times.

Look at WBA they had Megson as manager and he took them to two promotions yet when they looked unlikely of progressing he lost his job and replaced him with Robson,the rest is history!!

I believe that we should have finished the season in mid table at the least had it not been for poor team selections and a total lack of quality signings.

Yes Worthy has brought in:

Hucks, Ashton, Leon, Francis, Safri.

But what about the total lack of quality:

Emblem-Left on a free, Rivers-left on a free, Briggs-left on a free, Johnson?Helveg? Docherty?

Etc...

What are the chances that these players will all go the same way?

I heard a short while ago that Worthy had lost the dressing room with some players and this would seem to ring true.

Come on Worthy if you can''t get a team to fight for you on the final day of the season in the biggest games of there lives then what chance do we ever have of progressing?

P.S I know that this post will upset a few supporters but don''t hang me,after all i am just a supporter the same as you but am extremely frustrated and very down hearted!!

Getting stuffed made the afternoon easier actually - imagine if we''d played out a nail-biting 0-0 draw and gone down on goal difference: how would we feel about our turned down penalty appeal then?

1 game and result does not a season make - our inability to defend came back to haunt us and we are simply not good enough in that department across the pitch to stay in the Premiership. Some of that is organisation, some of that is application and some of that is lack of quality.

Worthy has earned the right to have another crack at things next season without a doubt, but let''s just hope we don''t have a George Burley or Dave Jones situation, but rather an Alan Curbishley or (Dare I say it) Gary Megson.

One last thought to put it all in perspective (and start up an old thread) - if Andy Johnson hadn''t dived at Selhurst Park for their equalising penalty we''d still be in the Premiership now.

That and Camara''s goal at St Mary''s are what have cost us in our bid - not yesterday.

Ok...a bit of clarification. I KNOW Safri was injured and Helveg had been booked.

What I was basically trying to say was why replace like for like when it is clearly not working? We knew a win would do it and an aggressive formation change when he went off could have been exactly what was needed. As for Helveg, I think another 15 minutes would have been fine. 

And I haven''t actually said I''m in the ''out'' camp yet...just starting to move that way...a few good signings like last year coming to FCR in the next couple of months will sort me out

I want Worthy to stay, but I''m still angry with him this morning. He said he thought the atmosphere might have got to one or two of the players. What were we supposed to do? Not turn up?! Not sing as it might make the poor players a bit nervous? Surely it''s his job to get the players ready for that atmosphere, let it inspire them.

I personally think worthy has made alot of mistakes this season but i still think he can bring us back up, be realistic it was always going to be a big ask to survive, history is against it, although well done wba for killing the bottom at xmas bogey.
Injuries has not helped our season, if we had the side of the last six weeks all season, i feel we would have finished nearer half way.
I felt alot of the players let the fans down yesterday and showed they were not big game players, if you cant get up for it in front of that unbelievable support then they should forget about playing premier league or for ncfc.
the ref yesterday had the eyesight of stevie wonder and got four major decisions wrong, which would have put us in a strong position. At 2-0 game over, we had to chase it leaving gaps and the rest is history.
as i have said NW has made mistakes but deserves another chance and i think stability will make us stronger, we will be promoted next season, i am off down the bookies to stick a little 50 pounds on it.

[quote]Yes you do - please answer this question: Who should be appointed as our new manager if Worthy is sacked?[/quote]

You still haven''t said who should take over.