Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Lucas Biglia signs for Lazio

Put signs for Lazio in the title as didnt want anyone to accuse me of being on a wind-up. Signed for Lazio last month. Found myself wondering about his much mooted transfer to us last season (considering the long-running sagas of RVW, Hooper, Alderweireld, Toivonen and Quagliarella).

Does anyone know how close we were to signing this guy, or was it all tabloid nonsense? DId we have talks and discussions as we have with the above, or was it all simple speculation. Perhaps even a smokescreen for the Tettey transfer?

Find it odd that at no point this season were we been linked with him. Our stock has probably gone up over the course of the season, so I would have expected this to have resurfaced if there was genuine interest, or even just some hack filling some column inches.

Does anyone know anything concrete about this transfer link last season?

I''m fairly sure McNally confirmed we were in talks with the player and/or club. Can''t remember any exact details though.

i think the views were we did have some preliminary chats but mainly to try and generate interest from other clubs as the player wanted a move