Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Tom Ince

So we''re crying out for a link up man who can score, and now have a bit on a need for a winger, so i''m sat here watching Tom Ince on Soccer A.M.

Would he not be the ideal signing for us? Pace, tricks, goals, potential. Plus the fact he''s lived and breathed football all his life, yeah you get the odd Jordi Cruyff but in the main, the family based players do well "Lampard, Redknapp, Ferdinand etc"

All for the price of £8m. That £8m would be an investment though, we''d be signing an asset like Redmond.

Imagine Snoddy, Ince and Redmond in behind the main man, all swapping positions and causing havoc?!

I''d heard it had gone a bit downhill in recent seasons. What was Ince doing on it? Skills or something? Or was it an interviewSeeing Cardiff were going to have to pay 8-9mil for him I don''t particularly feel it''s a good option

I think I agree. Particularly if the Quagliarella bid ends in disappointment. The money rumoured for that deal would be a similar amount anyway. I have also wondered if his best position might be behind a striker anyway rather than on the wing where he usually plays. From the little i''ve seen of him you rarely see any classic wing play, he always looks more comfortable coming inside, and if you see where he gets his goals from, its through the centre of the park picking up positions just like a CAM. I saw him play for England under 21s at Carrow Road a while back and I think he played that position then. Although not a flawless performance he was our best player then and looked a much more accomplished footballer than Zaha.

He''s holding out for a top 6 team move or a Blackpool promotion.... A solid first half to the season and I think he could be back to Anfield in January. Personally I wouldn''t be surprised to see Arsenal go in for him, would fit Wengers philosophy of young talent.

[quote user="birchfest"]He''s holding out for a top 6 team move or a Blackpool promotion.... A solid first half to the season and I think he could be back to Anfield in January. Personally I wouldn''t be surprised to see Arsenal go in for him, would fit Wengers philosophy of young talent.[/quote]

All i know is that he ''doesn''t want to be a Scott Sinclair''. It shows that he knows the importance at his age of getting time on the pitch to develop his game. It depends if he wants ''to fight for first team chances'' or be ''guaranteed first team football''. If he wants to be pretty much guaranteed first team football then that certainly cuts out some of the top six, and arguably all. He may just want a solid premier league club with suitable ambition of which there are a number of clubs in that middle section of the table. You look at the examples of Beneke and Michu who shone last year in teams outside the top echelon, and who if a big side now came in for would probably make it straight into their first eleven - he may be looking at that route to the top being better for him than moving to a top team straight away.

I''d actually be more excited by Ince than the old Italian fella.

Bags of potential and having him and Redmond both in the side would give us bags of pace and trickery to unlock defences.

Could both make it as full internationals with a good couple of seasons in the right premier league side.