Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Todays Line up

team v hull city team: Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, R Martin, Garrido; Tettey, Johnson, Howson, Fer, Redmond; van Wolfswinkel.

subs v hull city team: Bunn, Snodgrass, Elmander, Becchio, Hoolahan, Olsson, R Bennett.

Disappointed not to see Olsson start but otherwise happy. Hughton being careful on Snoddy and Bass, can''t really blame him.

Thoughts?

Lots more yellows sitting in the stand today than usual - let''s hope we have a new 2013/14 strategy of trying to win on the road. We seem to have lots of central midfield players in the team today does this signal a Wigan or Stoke type approach I wonder?

Strong team. Good to see Snoddy back. Disappointed Seb is not on bench.

Massively looking forward to see Fer and how he works with Redmond.

thought hooper would have had a chance today :( guess not.....come on FER !!

are we lining up with wingers and one person out of position or this a different formation? I''m guessing with wingers as usual, but will be interesting to see.

Bit harsh but there are no easy games in the prem and think it is Hughton just paying a bit of respect to a team playing their first home game and will certainly be up for it.

Don''t get it. Are we playing with one winger? Please tell me he''s not going to waste Fer out wide.

I would imagine Howson & Fer will look to support RVW when required. Not forgetting Redmond is quite capable of scoring.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Lots more yellows sitting in the stand today than usual - let''s hope we have a new 2013/14 strategy of trying to win on the road. We seem to have lots of central midfield players in the team today does this signal a Wigan or Stoke type approach I wonder?[/quote]Good that CH is keeping people guessing. If he is adopting the same approach as at Stoke (which is doubtful) with Elmander, Snoddy, Hoolahan, Becchio and Olson on the bench there''s plenty of scope to bring on attacking options isn''t there?

BBC on form again - "Norwich City boss Chris Hughton also make two changes

from their opening day 2-2 draw with Chelsea, as Holland midfielder

Leroy Fer is given a Premier League debut ahead of Wes Hoolahan - who is

named among the substitutes. Alexander Tettey comes into the starting

line-up for Elliott Bennett who has been ruled out until next year after

suffering knee ligament damage.

Its not going to be any weird new formation, it''ll be the same as we always play but with one of our four central midfielders inexplicably out of position on the right.

I think so, it will be a bit of 4-2-3-1 with Howson, Fer and Redmond the 3.

I just don''t know who will be the other wider man?

Redmond will be on the left wing, Howson in the middle and Fer as a wide right midfielder. Offers both attacking intent with defensive steel. I really like it considering the injuries.

Looks like it could be a diamond with redmond behind wolf

Gutted not to see Olsson (how on earth do you spell that name?) start, still think we have enough in us to win this, Snoody of the bench for the winner

Not sure how this line up will look - has Fer played on the wing before he joined us? If so, then the usual formation, and Howson as the more expressive centre mid? If he hasn''t played on the wing before, I''m not convinced Howson, Johnson or Tettey could do a job there. Bit of a strange one.Or have a diamond with 3 packing the centre, one anchor man, letting Redmond play in the hole and full backs bombing forwards?

Howson, Fer, Redmond and RVW. Should be at least 1 goal in there somewhere. We''ve just got to keep pressing them, maybe that''s the idea of putting BJ and Tettey together, keep Hull from getting any sort of fluidity and make sure we keep them high up the pitch?

Fer came on left midfield in the last friendly, thought it was bizarre at the time but maybe thats where he''s going?

Please not Johnson on the left. I don''t remember Howson playing RM in the past?

Can''t work it out personally.