Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Long way to go but you have to beat a 10 man promoted team, but....

with players in our first team who played in our awful run last year it is no surprise.

Our midfield group of Howson, tettey and Johnson are fighting that position alongside fer, we need our better players back from injury.

I am livid, before the pen we were doing ok, but after totally fell apart and even when they went down to 10 men we did nothing to threaten. The right substitutions were made but do we have that depth, we do need a centre half and that catalyst to add to our midfield, who can pass, create and score.

It was a10 man promoted team, no excuses we should beat teams coming up now.

The thing is we have midfield players who are capable of passing, Hoolahan, Fox, Butterfield, Surman before he was sent out on loan, and time and again they find themselves left out in favour of players who are far superior at defending, but basically clueless when it comes to passing and attacking movement. Its completely unbalanced, I have no problem with Johnson, Tettey and Howson but consistantly using 2 or more of them and expecting different results is just mental.

I had a huge, raging post lined up but I''ve thought better of it. I''ll be less angry later on.

But suffice it to say I think we all have a right to be thoroughly unhappy with that performance. We were given several opportunities to take the game by the throat and dominate but it just never happened. Never looked like we were doing anything more than a warm-up.

Redmond looks the main man at the moment. Fer looked like a player finding his feet, RvW cut a lonely figure up there on his own. But against 10-man relegation fodder, you shouldn''t be playing 4 central midfielders and relying on a poacher to score his 1 chance per game. Even on the road, which traditionally we aren''t great at anyway.

Like the title post says, long way to go, but extremely disappointed today.

*I realise they didn''t START with 10 men, of course, but it felt like the wrong mindset to begin with. The human postbox that is Huddlestone looked energetic and pacey against us today.