Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Tactically suspect

It is now apparent.

CH is great at recruitment and being a good guy

CH plays too negatively and wastes the talent he has

Consider Man City away when we actually allowed some creative freedom.

Look at today

Enough said. Someone needs to demand more attack minded football because I suspect the fans will revolt if faced with another season of isolated strikers getting fed up. Why but RVW if he is not going to be utilised to advantage?

Hull are a very good team and they deserve lots of praise. But there are positives we can take from that....

Is what CH will doubtless say in defence of another negative attempt to eek a point from a newly promoted side.

10 man hull ffs

It seems that what they had been working on all week a Colney has been - pass it backwards, pass it sideways the pass it to the opposition. Poor. Very poor, gonna be a long season again with CH in charge.

I''m completely deflated with it already. I losing the will with Hughton.

Let alone his poor tactics, why doesn''t he pick his strongest side? Olsson is a better player than garrido, hoolahan is better than howson and BJ. His team selection is baffling.

Hull won''t ever get an easier three points. Fact. And that is very embarrassing.

I don''t know, while I see a lot of blame at Hughton''s door I can''t see he could make our players embarrasing possession any better during the game. Just the whole mentality to the game needs to change. Our team on paper is head and shoulders above Hull''s but we just naffed it.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m completely deflated with it already. I losing the will with Hughton.

Let alone his poor tactics, why doesn''t he pick his strongest side? Olsson is a better player than garrido, hoolahan is better than howson and BJ. His team selection is baffling.

Hull won''t ever get an easier three points. Fact. And that is very embarrassing.[/quote]

Second this, and you are spot on. I am also baffled by Hughtons poor team setups. It is always safety first, always. Even against a newly promoted team with 10 men, the daft manager cant get the team to attack with purpose.

Very, very poor.

No, sorry, Hoolahan is not better than Howson or Bradley Johnson. He might get one good pass in a game but he is as suspect in poor passing and possession as, if not more, than the rest of them.

4 centre mids was an awful decision! Howson right mid?! I don''t think so. He should have started next to Fer, Hoolahan and RVW with Olsson ripping up the left hand side.

Hughton said why he bought RVW.  Because he wanted a striker with the ability to get a chance and score it - i.e. to score from the style of football we play.  Which is to score from very little, sometimes not even a handful of chances.  Did Hughton really think that signing a decent striker yet playing the same way would be the answer???

I can''t bring myself to watch Villa vs Liverpool, 2 attacking teams, who attack with pace. 

[quote user="Stig"]No, sorry, Hoolahan is not better than Howson or Bradley Johnson. He might get one good pass in a game but he is as suspect in poor passing and possession as, if not more, than the rest of them.[/quote]TBH we could have a front line of Pele, Eusebio and Cruyff and with Hughton''s tactical ineptness we would still struggle to create chances.

[quote user="Stig"]No, sorry, Hoolahan is not better than Howson or Bradley Johnson. He might get one good pass in a game but he is as suspect in poor passing and possession as, if not more, than the rest of them.[/quote]The big difference is that when a Hoolahan pass doesn''t meet its intended target, its because he''s tried to play in a winger or a striker through the channels, while when Tettey, Johnson or Howson misplace a pass, its usually a 10 yard ball in the centre of the pitch with no-one around them.Hoolahan links up our lonely striker with our deep midfield better than any other player we have, he''s not perfect by any means but without him in the hole we look clueless.

Okay fair comments from both of you, but regardless of where the pass is aimed it ends up at the opponents feet.

True, Wes may be a liability in some games, and I can understand Hughton not playing hims vs the big teams, as he tends to give the ball away, making us vulnerable to the counter attack.

But against newly promoted inferior teams like Hull,. we really need Wes´ creativity, as we got no other, maybe Howson, who can play that role.

Playing Fer in that role was terrible. He never got on the ball, and ofcourse Curtis Davies had one of his better games to go with it.

Our best team at the moment is:

Ruddy

Martin-Bassong-Turner-Olsson

Snoddy - Fer- Johnson - Redmond

Wes

RvW

If Redmond fades out, bring on Garrido and move Olsson forward. Howson can takes Wes spot if Wes is poor.

The usual poor start so nothing to worry about, it will all come right in the end.[;)]

-- Stig: No, sorry, Hoolahan is not better than Howson or Bradley Johnson. He might get one good pass in a game but he is as suspect in poor passing and possession as, if not more, than the rest of them.

Nope, the stats show Wes is far better at passing than BJ and Howson, and loses possession less than these players.

"It is now apparent.

CH is great at recruitment and being a good guy

CH plays too negatively and wastes the talent he has

Consider Man City away when we actually allowed some creative freedom.

Look at today

Enough said."Spot on.

The point being missed is that we have to put up with this sort of play to make sure we stay up so that we can improve the squad next season, because at the moment the squad is not good enough .............................

and yet we finished 11th last season.. above Paul Lambert...

what exactly do people want? Premiership football, or "entertainment"?

Haha, I thought we were almost there city1st. And Ricardo, you can''t just write it off as a poor start - this was THE game to start.

Both, and that is not asking much. Our premier league days should be entertaining.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]and yet we finished 11th last season.. above Paul Lambert...

what exactly do people want? Premiership football, or "entertainment"?[/quote]I''d settle for starting XI''s with each player in their best position and less than 4 central midfielders on the pitch at any given time tbh.

I hated thinking it. I''m gonna hate saying and I know it''s utterly pointless discussing it.

But more than once today I thought ''this team with Lambert in charge would roll them over''