Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

How many worse managers are there in the prem than hughton?

On this perfomence none, the most pathetic performence since fulham

Fantastically poor team performance. Fantastic bad team setup. Howson on the right. Fer in a support role. not getting on the ball at all, etc.

No Wes before 70 mins even the game was crying for his creativity once Hull were down to 10 men, etc.

Never seen poorer team management.

Hughton out

Hughton does himself no favours tactically at all! Grant Holt was lamented by many recently for his interview when he openly stated he did not like the way he was being asked to play, lack of service etc etc.

We pay nearly 10 million for a new striker who today had no service whatsoever. We open with Howson as a right winger, and Snodgrass on the bench! Bassong travels with the squad as fit and does not get selected at all. We play 10 men for somewhere near 60 minutes, and still fail to work the home keeper. We could not string two passes together and continually gave the ball away which in truth is appalling, and ah

Fainst a very very poor Hull sude, and what we witnessed all last season is fast becoming reality again this early in the season. Yes we have made some good signings, but if they are going to be asked to play defensively and not allowed to express themselves then it''s going to be a long season. Today Redmond was our best outlet once again as an attacking threat, and he gets taken off! 10 games it has to be for Hughton, and failure such as today has to see the end of his tenure.

[quote user="grefstad"]

No Wes before 70 mins even the game was crying for his creativity once Hull were down to 10 men, etc.

[/quote]

are you serious???? Wes came on and was utter plop! we lost our shape and all of our attacking intent once he came on... think''s he''s Pele!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="grefstad"]

[/quote]

are you serious???? Wes came on and was utter plop! we lost our shape and all of our attacking intent once he came on... think''s he''s Pele![/quote]

True, Wes was poor as well, but if he was given more time, he could well have influenced the match in a better way, me thinks.

Against a static, deep defending team, Wes is our only box opener.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="grefstad"]

[/quote]

are you serious???? Wes came on and was utter plop! we lost our shape and all of our attacking intent once he came on... think''s he''s Pele![/quote]

What attacking intent?

we stretched Hull and their right back was struggling to cope with Redmond all game. we''d have got back into it if he had stayed on.

and to answer the OP''s Question.. based on last seasons finish of 11th, I''d say Hughton is the 11th best manager in the league then?

While I''m not exactly defending Hughton, because that was a pretty bad day at the office for manger and players.

I think Hughton is probably an average manager for the Premier league.

I will only give judgement however, after around the 10 game mark with his new team.

[quote user="EastLondonCanary"]And just who would you have instead. Lets not call for heads on one performance. Yes it was beyond poor but is loosing the manager 2 games in going to help in anyway?![/quote]

We sacked Gunn after only two games and looked what happened.

Just saying.........

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we won one of those 4-0 before sacking Gunn...[/quote]

Good point. So albeit a lower division his start was actually than Hughton''s this season.

There were 8 worse than him last season.

Everyone get a grip. Hughton isn''t Lambert, he won''t play all-out attacking football, he is a pragmatist, but he DID make some positive substitutions today, and we finished the game with 4-4-2 which so many of you wanted all last season despite the fact it is old fashioned and out-dated. I like Hughton, I hope he stays, and if he does, the side and the squad will continue to improve.