Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Calm the #!%! down

Okay, it''s a bad result but the way some of you are reacting is ridiculous.

Yes, we should have played better and we should have, in all likelihood, won this.

But we are going to have a few days like this, it happens to teams like us.

it''s done and out of the way. Learn from it and come back stronger against Southampton.

Nothing like a bit of over reaction to get the board humming.Lost to a dubious penalty and little else. OK we were a bit lethargic but those calling for heads to roll really need to get a grip. Anybody who thinks we just have to turn up to beat teams like Hull really ought to find something else to do because this Premiership lark is always going to be a hard struggle.36 games left, plenty of points left to get.

You are incorrect. Yes we will have off days and get well beaten, but our attitude was very very poor. We gave up 5 mins from time and that is not acceptable.

So you think it''s acceptable to lose to a newly promoted team playing with 10 men for 70 minutes? That was without doubt the worst performence since Fulham. The bad form from last xmas has continued into this season.

The big problem to me is that when down 10 men...Hull put up a defensive display and they even still looked more likely to score again. We were pathetic. There was never a sense or urgency until the last 10 mins and still we really did nothing. We put no pressure on them at all.

[quote user="ricardo"]Lost to a dubious penalty and little else. OK we were a bit lethargic [/quote]

are you kidding me!?!?!?!? lethargic ????? they were rubbish, it was appalling, unimaginative and negative and against ten men of a newly promoted team that probably wouldnt get promoted from the championship this season.

the midfield were all over the shop, the passing was hideous and it was just the same old cr@p as last seasons games against newcastle, reading etc

But this is how last season started. Huffing and puffing to score a goal and everyone saying ''relax, long season''. We were dreadful away last season, but everyone hoped that last season was firmly in the past with the influx of quality.

On that evidence, in what should be one of our easiest away games, and after being given a massive advantage, we still look clueless away. If we dont beat a 10 man promoted team, who exactly can we beat away? I know Im going to draw labels of pant-wetter and all that, but I cannot for the life of me see what has changed from last season in our approach to away games. And our away form last season put us in BIG relegation trouble.

I care about the team and I dont want us to struggle, but if we dont pick up points away we''re going to

Quite honestly Ricardo''s post on here is as clueless as that perfomence was

[quote user="ricardo"]Nothing like a bit of over reaction to get the board humming.Lost to a dubious penalty and little else. OK we were a bit lethargic but those calling for heads to roll really need to get a grip. Anybody who thinks we just have to turn up to beat teams like Hull really ought to find something else to do because this Premiership lark is always going to be a hard struggle.36 games left, plenty of points left to get.[/quote]

It''s unfortunate but acceptable if fans do this. I think a lot of the vitriol is stemming from the fact our players seemed to think this and their performance reflected that.

I''ll agree that a lot of this is over the top, reactionary game-rage, but the key theme I feel rings true. We looked entirely pedestrian today and it is a worry. 

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="ricardo"]Lost to a dubious penalty and little else. OK we were a bit lethargic [/quote]

are you kidding me!?!?!?!? lethargic ????? they were rubbish, it was appalling, unimaginative and negative and against ten men of a newly promoted team that probably wouldnt get promoted from the championship this season.

the midfield were all over the shop, the passing was hideous and it was just the same old cr@p as last seasons games against newcastle, reading etc

[/quote]Don''t beat about the bush Stan, say what you really feel.Half an hour in a dark room and things will seem a lot better mate.I can''t see you lasting the season Stan.

"Anybody who thinks we just have to turn up to beat teams like Hull"

and that Ricardo, is just what Hughton thought today otherwise we would have had a highly motivated and fired up team out there ripping into Hullwe didn''twe had a team that spent much of it''s time in pretty passing (frequently to the other side) with little imagination or flair to do anything once the ball got near the Hull boxthe folk complaining on here are those who expected to see a Norwich side able to to put up a hard struggle - that''s their complaintyour acceptance of this inept display does you no good - get your head out of the sand Ricardobar a players revolt we have been woeful since Jan of last year

[quote user="JF"]Quite honestly Ricardo''s post on here is as clueless as that perfomence was[/quote]Long way to go JF.I can''t see you lasting until Xmas at this rate[;)]

Ok honestly then. Hull newly promoted took a kicking from the Russians and first home game of the season.They had thier tails up.Bad penalty decision, equally dubious red card.We were rubbish and did not deserve anything from the game.Truth being, against a 10 man Hull for about an hour we should have at least drawn.These are the types of games we should be winning and honestly today was humiliating !Very very very poor.

When i saw the first 3 fixtures i honestly though we should be looking at taking 7 points, another display like that next week will see a return of 1. Raise your expectations of what is acceptable, we should expect a performence at least against Hull and what we got was disgraceful. You don''t always get the rub of the green but anything less than 100 per cent effort is unacceptable, today i wouldnt put the effort as high as 50 per cent.

if this type of performance continues, then i will start to worry....until then it is an off day and hughton will tear into them and have them up for it against southampton. by the way, all those moaning and comparing to last season.....we finished 11th...what more do you want?

Sorry Ricardo usually i lke your posts but today i can''t agree with any of that

[quote user="City1st"]"Anybody who thinks we just have to turn up to beat teams like Hull"

and that Ricardo, is just what Hughton thought today otherwise we would have had a highly motivated and fired up team out there ripping into Hullwe didn''twe had a team that spent much of it''s time in pretty passing (frequently to the other side) with little imagination or flair to do anything once the ball got near the Hull boxthe folk complaining on here are those who expected to see a Norwich side able to to put up a hard struggle - that''s their complaintyour acceptance of this inept display does you no good - get your head out of the sand Ricardobar a players revolt we have been woeful since Jan of last year

[/quote]

yawn

[quote user="City1st"]"Anybody who thinks we just have to turn up to beat teams like Hull"

[/quote]Get some perspective C1. Yes we moved the ball too slowly and generally nobody had much of a game but some of the comment on here is way over the top.

[quote user="JF"]Sorry Ricardo usually i lke your posts but today i can''t agree with any of that[/quote]Give it a few games JF. It''s much too early to panic.It will look different again this time next week.

Or it won''t, then you''ll have reason to moan.

[quote user="ricardo"]Don''t beat about the bush Stan, say what you really feel.Half an hour in a dark room and things will seem a lot better mate.I can''t see you lasting the season Stan.[/quote]

im hoping hughton doesnt last any longer that December the 1stit was rubbish, theres no excuses, the reason people are getting annoyed is because its not the first time weve seen this, the difference is weve spent 20+ million and we just failed to beat 10 man hull tigers

IMO, this was down to the players on the pitch today, not the manager, who made good early substitutions. 8 new players in the squad will take time to gel, and when they do the results will improve. One game doesn''t make the season.

Wrong, YS72. The manager put various players out of position and started with 4 CMs to play defensively from the get-go in a game that was there for the taking. Why did we wait til halftime to exploit their red card. By then, they had it figured out. Bad strategy repeatedly.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]IMO, this was down to the players on the pitch today, not the manager, who made good early substitutions. 8 new players in the squad will take time to gel, and when they do the results will improve. One game doesn''t make the season.[/quote]

nonsensethey were three new players in the starting line up, the rest were players who had been playing together for much of last seasonof the substitutes two had been regulars throughout last seasonthe problem was  they were back to playing Hughton''s style of playhe is the manager,

ps twaddle about gel should be left where it belongs - in the hairdressers salon

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]But this is how last season started. Huffing and puffing to score a goal and everyone saying ''relax, long season''. We were dreadful away last season, but everyone hoped that last season was firmly in the past with the influx of quality.

On that evidence, in what should be one of our easiest away games, and after being given a massive advantage, we still look clueless away. If we dont beat a 10 man promoted team, who exactly can we beat away? I know Im going to draw labels of pant-wetter and all that, but I cannot for the life of me see what has changed from last season in our approach to away games. And our away form last season put us in BIG relegation trouble.

I care about the team and I dont want us to struggle, but if we dont pick up points away we''re going to[/quote].Cannot disagree with any of that

Looks like being a very busy night at the hospital.Just heard a couple of ambulances flying up Earlham Rd.It really isn''t worth topping yourself folks.[:)]

It was just a bad day, sadly a really bad day. Hopefully it wont have a negative effect on the lads because they were dreadful today. However, they were up against a very resilient Hull defence desperate to cling onto a very fortunate advantage. The game panned out badly for us. The poor penalty decision set us back today. That lost us the game imo. It put us a goal down and on the chase, and though the red card should have given us an injection, it was actually the last thing we needed. It led Hull into a 100 percent defence mode. And don''t forget, Curtis Davis was outstanding today, as were ALL of Hulls defenders. Results like this are unusual and infrequent. It just wasn''t meant to be today. Lets all calm down and see how we respond against Southampton.

[quote user="ricardo"]Looks like being a very busy night at the hospital.Just heard a couple of ambulances flying up Earlham Rd.It really isn''t worth topping yourself folks.[:)][/quote]

remarkable what you can hear with your head up your backsidemind you if you have such poor eyesight (that you cannot even see the blindingly obvious) they do say your other faculties improve immenselyin that light I hope your sense of touch returns Ricardoit might just point you towards reality

But it''s not one game is it? Our form since xmas lest season has been relegation form, i think its now either 2 or 3 wins in 22 matches. It''s carried into this season and nothing has changed.