Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Do We Fly Everywhere now?

"Just got up to the hotel in Hull after a short 20 minute flight!" - Pilkington just tweetedWe also made like a 10minute flight to Brighton during Pre - Season.Be interesting to know how much it benefits the teams performance on the pitchI know we generally arrive the night before... but I''d imagine a 20minute flight is a lot more comfortable for the players than a 4hour long coach journey !

I expect it also guarantees them getting their rather than the coach - especially with the roads on a bank holiday friday.  Better than a 3 and a half hour journey. Was it a chartered plane ?I expect there will still be another vehicle taking up the kit and sundry ''non important'' folk.

Apparently hiring a private plane for the day costs around £10,000. So would imagine it would be "quite cheap" for a Premier League team to fly their players to the away games. Also would reduce the risk of DVT and makes travelling less of a pain, leaving the players fresh and ready for the game.

The roads are absolutely terrible between Norwich and Hull and it''s a bank holiday weekend. Flying is a no brainer to avoid hours of travelling the day before a match, glad we can afford to now.

Saying that they can get the bus back, we''re not made of money...

[quote user="Monty13"]The roads are absolutely terrible between Norwich and Hull and it''s a bank holiday weekend. Flying is a no brainer to avoid hours of travelling the day before a match, glad we can afford to now.

Saying that they can get the bus back, we''re not made of money...[/quote]Wouldn''t surprise me if some fans on here, if we draw, would be happy to let them walk home.

Well if that''s a result of flying up there its probably best if they get some ring cushions and take a coach ride next time! 

[quote user="Vaughans Stiff Upper Lip"]I think that piles may have joined the squad later, Johnson tweeted hours before he was already in the hotel[/quote]They''ve all got their own planes these days, you didn''t think they flew together did you? [;)]

[quote user="Jh1990"]Both planes have landed safely a few minutes ago on a positive note[/quote]Two planes?One for the players, and one for the excuses?