Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

shall we give it some time?

perhaps some people should reserve judgement on the sacking of hughton, perhaps say 6 more games. If nothing has improved you then have a decent argument. We would then have enough games to turn it around.

Although playing howson on the right was a very strange decision and the whole team did not gel in aspects of todays game really....it is the first away game of the season and our manager has been a success wherever he has gone in the eyes of their fans.

I felt last season if Hughton kept us up even though I didn''t like the style he deserved to have a shot at the first half dozen or so games this season . I still feel that way, last season we had to stay up due to the money increase, this season I actually want to enjoy the matches and the football we play again. The playing staff has improved now it''s time for the manager to show he has more to him tactically and motivation wise than what imo I saw last season and today.

Many on here, or is just the noisy minority would like to see the back of CH now, but after just two games with a many new players to bed in and after one decent and one very poor performance, of course he should have time and certainly more than six matches.

Lets not go down the road of a "Worthy Out" or "Roeder Out" campaign just now as that would be out of all proportion and not wanted by the overwhelming majority of supporters...CH and his team deserve a decent amount of time, but of course there will come a time when questions will be asked by the board after the investment made, but that is some way off I''m sure.....     

i dont like his style, never have, but i think we should give him until december, then if he perseveres with the same negative rubbish (which i have no doubt he will) then the board should get rid. i never wanted him in the first place but getting rid of him now isnt really a great idea after all the money hes spent, if we do sack him then best to do it december to give the new guy a chance to work with the players before making new signings in january

We have no choice but to give him time, but time is limited! Xmas will be too late and for those who say it is a long season our run in is particularly difficult!

We need points on the board early and result and performances like today do not help!

I really hope to see a marked improvement next week!

Snake

[quote user="snake-eyes"]We have no choice but to give him time, but time is limited! Xmas will be too late and for those who say it is a long season our run in is particularly difficult!

We need points on the board early and result and performances like today do not help!

I really hope to see a marked improvement next week!

Snake[/quote]

His tactics won''t change. He is predictable. Christmas is too late. How many struggling teams near the xmas period change manager and stay up? very few.

I think he really only should be given the next few weeks. We really didn''t progress after losing our promotion manager the way Swansea have. Even Southampton who are technically a whole season behind us are probably favourites next weekend, and have progressed beyond us I feel now.

Pochettino was brought in at the expense of a manager they felt was unable to take them forward. I feel much the same with Hughton. Our run in is horrible so we need as many points on the board ASAP!