Sign in to follow this  
The Jinx

Typical reaction

You all need to take a leaf out of Nigel Worthington''s book & be more positive by focusing on next season!

Norwich were awful yesterday, but Fulham had six chances & scored. If Ashton''s ooal was allowed & we were given one of the two "penalties" it could have been a completely different game.

You can''t really expect to stay up by conceding 77 goals & not winning away all season - it''s only because Palace / Southampton / WBA were as bad that we had a chance.

It''s a shame when supporters have to make players scapegoats. OK, some were below par but the players know that themselves. They would have been gutted I''m sure. I can''t believe people get wound up by Damian Francis having a laugh and a joke - grow up!

Just remember 1 year ago - City were the greatest team in the world (they still are). Football is like life i.e you get ups and downs - apologies if that sounds patronising!

You;ll all be back next season - does anyone know the way to Kenilworth Road?

I admire your positive outlook, but you need to wake up a little. Fulham did not score 6 out of 6 chances, they forced Greeno into at least 5 other saves. They could easily have scored 10 - that is not exaggeration.

There is a time to be positive and there is a time to give the team a bollocking. After a 6-0 defeat and at such a crucial time, they need some harsh words

My only hope is that the inept display finally pushes Worthy into moving Holt and Fleming on to pastures new.

Bring on next season!

Well said Freddie - they key is how Worthy works during the summer to reshape the squad, ditch some of the poor performers, convinces our stars to stay and who he brings in to strengthen the squad in readiness for a tough fizzy pop season. 

And talk of an automatic return or the championship being ours must desist - its as likely as the last seasons claims that we should qualify for Europe or finish mid table at least.  And most of our worst displays over recent seasons come when fans camplacency is at its worst - Bradford, Watford, Fulham (both) Blackburn (both) Soton away.  Get real please.

It is a tough slog of a competitive league where you have to earn your place.  Wolves had few squad changes and like the other relegated teams finished in the bottom half of the league.  We should have the team to be right in the mix but if we approach it that we are goinig to walk it we will not - that has been the down fall of too many relegated clubs.

OTBC

OTBC

"If Ashton''s ooal was allowed & we were given one of the two "penalties" it could have been a completely different game."

No it wouldn''t, we were outclassed in every department and it was obvious after ten minutes that it was business as usual on the away game front

[quote]You all need to take a leaf out of Nigel Worthington''s book & be more positive by focusing on next season! Norwich were awful yesterday, but Fulham had six chances & scored. If Ashton''s ooal ...[/quote]

I''m sorry but Damien Francis was by far the worst player on the pitch on Sunday and without doubt one of the worst solo performances I have ever seen by any Norwich City player in 20 years of following the club. If he''d have put in any ounce of effort he wouldn''t have received the reaction he got from the fans. 6,500 people aren''t wrong - we all saw what happened. Francis let us down. Badly.

what do you expect, bowing out of the league in a heavy 6-0 defeat which fulham won so easily

every goal was a simple passing move, and thats a disgrace, something you would expect from a sunday pub team.

If we would have lsot 1, 2 or even 3-0 ok, fair enough we tried and failed, but 6-0 is beyond a joke. I just cant take the fact a side which beat man utd lost 6-0 to FULHAM who have recently been struggling and almost fell into the relegation battle.

Like MAtty Sven said, there is no excuses, even if there should have been a penalty or two, or even if ashtons goal would have (which should have) been allowed, we still shouldnt have lost 6-0.

To be honest, i was looking foward to next season, even if it was in the champ, weve had a great season, beat man u, saw henry rooney and the stars had a go, and would come back up with a better expeariance of the league, the fact we would see more goals and decisions going our way and the glory and joy of being promoted again.

Now, im just angry, stunned and upset about the fact we got hammered 6-0, but thats the past, lets move on.......

....... to the next season!