Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

This may be unpopular but...

I really hope Hughton stays in charge at Carrow Road for a long, long time. He plays steady, safety first football, but thats what a club in our position needs to do. You could -play all out attacking football like Wigan did last year and end up going down. (In my opinion Martinez is one of the moset over-rated managers around, think Everton may well struggle this year as well). We are really building a good, solid squad at the moment. Today was a bad day at the office, can''t think of ANY of our players that played well, yet we only got beat thanks to a soft penalty. If we go out and beat Southampton convincingly in Saturday, I bet some of you lot will still moan cos we didn''t play 4-4-2. NONE OF THE TOP TEAMS/MANAGERS AT EITHER CLUB OR INTERNATIONAL LEVEL PLAY F%%%%kIN 4-4-BLOODY-2.

agreed OP... the majority of people out there who want us to go gung ho 4-4-2... we''d get relegated... I bet you ask all the Hughton outers would they be without Premiership football and not one of them would say yes! yet he guaranteed it for us last season and will do so again this year.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]I really hope Hughton stays in charge at Carrow Road for a long, long time. He plays steady, safety first football, but thats what a club in our position needs to do. You could -play all out attacking football like Wigan did last year and end up going down. (In my opinion Martinez is one of the moset over-rated managers around, think Everton may well struggle this year as well). We are really building a good, solid squad at the moment. Today was a bad day at the office, can''t think of ANY of our players that played well, yet we only got beat thanks to a soft penalty. If we go out and beat Southampton convincingly in Saturday, I bet some of you lot will still moan cos we didn''t play 4-4-2. NONE OF THE TOP TEAMS/MANAGERS AT EITHER CLUB OR INTERNATIONAL LEVEL PLAY F%%%%kIN 4-4-BLOODY-2.[/quote]

DISLIKE

tell me the last time we beat someone "convincingly"?

The only game we won by more than one goal last season was West Brom to my memory. So how do you ever see this happening after todays glimpse into what is to come?

I agree, but to play for an hour against 10 men like we did was unacceptable, Snodgrass should have started and Fer should have come in for Johnson, not Hoolahan.

I''m not prepared to judge him until Bassong is back. That''s when we will get going. He is so vital for us it''s untrue!

Firstly, we beat WBA (4 competitive games ago) convincingly.

Secondly, and in agreement with the topic, Hughton tried his best to change it up today, we changed formation (more than once during the game), obviously Snodgrass wasn''t fit enough to start so we put Howson there (didn''t work), Howson moved to the middle and looked a lot better. Elmander looked a handful and despite Redmond being our best player, we actually looked a bigger threat once he went off.

Hughton will sort this all out, no panic needed, I just think that we are being hit with a realism that this season might be harder than we thought with all of the investment

The pen (from my view in the home end) was a pen, me & my Dad who had a reasonable view thought so (this is from one view no replays), did think both Turner and Fer were fouled in the box at the other end.

LIKE this thread, we still have hooper to come back in who may make a difference, we came back last weekend against a good Everton side, we still got bassong to come back into our defence and we are waiting on pilks and snodgrass to be fully fit, do you really think it would be wise to have started snodgrass on from the start for him to just get injured NO! yes it was a strange one to put howson on in his place, Ollson would have been better

But this pant wetting gets ridiculous, we had a bad day and yes we should have at least got a draw but it''s done now move on and look forward to Southampton, lets see how hughton reacts to this defeat, then we can start to judge on him! but calls for him out already are ridiculous, yes he was here last season and was poor for the second half, this is a new season, lots of new faces, people missing through injury.

So lets stop pissing our pants over today get over it and move on to the next one at Southampton OTBC!!

I should start by saying that i am NOT advocating a classic 4-4-2 system for Norwich, but these are some observations on the issue of 4-4-2.

Firstly don''t forget how close the way we play our current formation is to 4-4-2 anyway. We play a classic back four, have two players that hold in the middle, two fairly classical wingers that push on with two central attackers one of whom just drops a bit deeper into the hole. You cannot exactly say it is night and day can you?

Also when watching Man City the other day I couldn''t help but notice that they were playing with Aguero and Dzeko in some sort of strike partnership and Navas sticking out wide on the wing. That was as close as i''ve seen a big team come to playing a ''Big Man, Little Man'' 4-4-2 for a long time. And they looked pretty darn good. Of course it certainly wasn''t the RIGID 4-4-2 that everyone thinks of when that formation is mentioned, but there were definitely elements of it in there but it was much more fluid. I have always thought that there is nothing inherently wrong with 4-4-2 as a starting formation, it just depends on how you play it. I should also say that i am not suggesting that we copy Manchester City''s formation as we have our own players with their own strengths and weaknesses and we need to play the one that gets the best out of the players we have. What I am saying is that including two out and out goal-scorers in a starting 11 a la 4-4-2 for example should not be automatically discounted. Depending how it is played and against who it can work.

[quote user="JC"]Firstly, we beat WBA (4 competitive games ago) convincingly.

Secondly, and in agreement with the topic, Hughton tried his best to change it up today, we changed formation (more than once during the game), obviously Snodgrass wasn''t fit enough to start so we put Howson there (didn''t work), Howson moved to the middle and looked a lot better. Elmander looked a handful and despite Redmond being our best player, we actually looked a bigger threat once he went off.

Hughton will sort this all out, no panic needed, I just think that we are being hit with a realism that this season might be harder than we thought with all of the investment

The pen (from my view in the home end) was a pen, me & my Dad who had a reasonable view thought so (this is from one view no replays), did think both Turner and Fer were fouled in the box at the other end.[/quote]

I already listed WBA. The last 2 games the teams we played let up more than they should have, we can''t rely on others playing poorly. We need to get our house in order first, who ever is in charge of that, and I do believe that is a certain Mr. Hughton. Thats why so many are upset.