Sign in to follow this  
ncfc1902

Positivity please Mr Hughton

Hughton must change his tactics this season otherwise his negativity is going to ruin our squad. One up front clearly doesn''t work we''ve known this from last season, although I do think we have good possession of the ball under Hughton but I think a little more positivity in our play and another striker upfront would make all the difference.

I have genuinely tried to give Hughton''s patient attacking game a chance. I feel the 10 game unbeaten run was down to the fact that it was an adjustment from the lambert attacking mentality and sure for a while it worked as we became defensively more solid and nicked a win by the single goal. However I really do not feel this is a sustainable way of keeping player motivation and winning football matches.

The negative approach feels like too much respect for the opposition and not enough respect for our players and their quality. I feel players such as snodgrass lacked drive and passion to turn the game around. Also there were a number of times where Redmond and others had the ball and despite the 5 or 6 white shirts nobody was offering a final third option that seriously tested hull defence.

We need paced right winger - sterling on loan would be an option and I feel snodgrass may well be on his way. Also Tettey and bradley Johnson looked poor today and would like to see more dynamic midfielder come in and replace them.

Prepared to give hughton till November but if no signs of improvement and we are languishing adrift at foot of table then clearly change needs to be made.

Blimey, ARR, Your username is not wrong my friend!

Snoddy''s going nowhere, Sterling would be a terrible acquisition on loan, no end product and no end benefit for us. Having said that I do agree with some of your post, in particular if we''re ''languishing in November'' at which point I would agree CH would have to go.

However to the poster who said ''one up front doesn''t work'' or whatever- please remind yourself of what formation all the successful clubs on the world stage and in the top half of the premier league are playing at the minute: 4-5-ONE. Jesus, armchair experts these days

One up top can work if it''s played right.

We don''t have a workhorse up top anymore, we have a finisher. He''s no good to us if he''s facing away from goal.

Today we were relying far, FAR too heavily on Redmond to get us turned around towards their goal. Too many with their heads down looking to play it sideways and backwards, which unfortunately is indicative of playing four central midfielders.

Due to this we lacked any cut-and-thrust aside from little Nathan and his incredible change of direction.

Once Olsson, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hooper are all fit I would hope this sort of thing is no longer an issue.

COTW thanks for your post. Hope you are right about snoddy- perhaps the comment re:Sterling is a plausible one but I do feel that we need another option in that right side of midfield that offers pace and end product.

Snoddy did appear rather lethargic ( perhaps rushed back too soon after last weeks injury) and as for Garrido, crickey sooner Olsson is in at left back the better.

Hoping when I am at CR next weekend I see a more attacking clinical city with hooper back and elmander having time to integrate into squad. Also bassong back would be brilliant and perhaps new right winger and central mid??!!

Hoping today is a one off- ultimately it was their first home game back in prem and were bound to be a tight unit. Give hughton a chance- sure man utd fans weren''t calling for ferguson to go when we did them at home so lets just see how next 2 months pan out and new players integrate into the squad

One up front is a perfectly workable formation if the whole team is aware of their responsibilities. That is why so many teams can play it successfully and still create chances and score goals. The reason we struggle to do so is that our coaching team obviously cannot get their message across to the players as to what they need to do to make the formation work (or don''t actually know themselves).