Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Lack of pace...

This is our main problem!

Apart from Redmond, we have no pace in our team at all. When you watch any other team in this league, they are full of pace, which causes trouble!

It''s a major issue that we surely need to sort out

Don''t think you will find too many people who want to get in a race with Howson.

Pilks and Olsson are quick. Hooper is sharp over a short distance. E Benno is pacey.

But yeah, we aren''t overblessed.

Sorry SYG but I think the galring problem with our apporach is lack of ability to retain posssession and use it creatively. We could have the fastest fowards  in the land and they would still never see the ball.

GJP,I dont know if you saw the Everto game, but Howson tried to push the ball ahead of Distin (with whom he was level) and despite being level with him, the 35 year old hulk easily saw off the threat of his so called pace.

I did see the game and Distin defended it well.

I don''t know if you watch much football but despite his age Distin is extremely difficult to get past. He''s big and covers the ground very quickly.

Howson is quick, make no mistake about it.

Its not so much a lack of pace but more a lack of urgancy to move the ball quickly. We spend far to long on the ball and need to move it a hell of a lot quicker.