Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

The Biggest club in East Anglia

with the best stadium, Sell out crowds, a team full of internationals, playing in the best league in the world against the best teams and players in the world...And then there''s Ipswich town.. bottom half of the championship after 4 games and spiralling downwards rapidly, rented ground, no money, Managed by a muppett with a team full of loanees and one of the worst fan bases in the country....Still Hughton out eh?Some of you need to really have a good long look at where we are..... 2 games played this season.. just 2... or perhaps 2 games a season against our friends down the road is all any of you ever wanted?

.....will all mean jack sh*t if the management/coaching staff fail to get a damn sight better out of NCFC''s strongest ever squad of players........

[quote user="im spartacus"]that is down to 3 people... david mcnally, paul lambert, and grant holt  Hughton out ![/quote]no it isnt... McNally appointed, and then (Depending what you read) either chose to get rid of Lambert or Lambert walked away... Grant Holt got us up and scored a few.. it wasnt him and him alone.would the squad Lambert had have stayed up last season without the additions Hughton made? a midfield of Fox, Surman and Lappin... Man city would have been quaking in their boots im sure!

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]?[/quote]a well thought out response from someone with no argument to counter?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]You miss the point.

It''s not the result but the awful display.

Worthy of being very alarmed, IMO,[/quote]Nobody denies that it was a poor display. However if I had a quid for every poor display I''ve seen from Norwich City I could probably have bought RVP (alright, slight exaggeration).Alarmed? not unless it becomes a pattern. Football is all up and down, I think some people have been spoiled by the last 4 years success.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="im spartacus"]that is down to 3 people... david mcnally, paul lambert, and grant holt  Hughton out ![/quote]no it isnt... McNally appointed, and then (Depending what you read) either chose to get rid of Lambert or Lambert walked away... Grant Holt got us up and scored a few.. it wasnt him and him alone.would the squad Lambert had have stayed up last season without the additions Hughton made? a midfield of Fox, Surman and Lappin... Man city would have been quaking in their boots im sure![/quote]take any of those 3 out of the last 4 years and we''d be championship at best, i am very grateful for where we are but hughton should be made chief scout or defensive coach or something , i''m sure he has got something to offer but head honcho isn''t it...

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]You miss the point.

Worthy of being very alarmed, IMO,[/quote]Nobody denies that it was a poor display. However if I had a quid for every poor display I''ve seen from Norwich City I could probably have bought RVP (alright, slight exaggeration).Alarmed? not unless it becomes a pattern. Football is all up and down, I think some people have been spoiled by the last 4 years success.[/quote]exactly that Ricardo... some fans in their hearts think we should be Manchester United.. but its a slow and long path to success... if those people just take a step back and look at the bigger picture they will see we have the right manager and are currently where we should be.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]You miss the point.

Worthy of being very alarmed, IMO,[/quote]

So true! No one wants Hughton to have to leave, but he is digging his own grave. After watching what he did at Newcastle and how he can make an attacking side score and make chances, its almost like he''s doing it on purpose!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]You miss the point.

Worthy of being very alarmed, IMO,[/quote]Nobody denies that it was a poor display. However if I had a quid for every poor display I''ve seen from Norwich City I could probably have bought RVP (alright, slight exaggeration).Alarmed? not unless it becomes a pattern. Football is all up and down, I think some people have been spoiled by the last 4 years success.[/quote]exactly that Ricardo... some fans in their hearts think we should be Manchester United.. but its a slow and long path to success... if those people just take a step back and look at the bigger picture they will see we have the right manager and are currently where we should be.[/quote]

Does no one else feel that its been a pattern for about 40 league games now?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]lead us to our highest league finish in god knows how long in his first season in charge...to me thats pretty impressive[/quote]what nonsensehe picked up from a squad that had been assembled over years before he was apppointedthe position was relative, given how close clubs were bunched up that season

and jas, i think you should get someone to explain the difference between the club and the teams achievementsas to accepting the paupers as a bench mark to see how well we are doing, that really is setting the bar lowbecause not thieving money and goods off others, not having a £100m debt and merely owning our own ground would be enough in that case

strange thing is jas, there''s plenty out there who think we are capable of far, far more than that

we are capable of beating anyone i have to say, but that doesnt happen in a season does it?Hull will get relegated, we will get to May and everyone will still be moaning despite a top half finish...I ask you city1st and all the others who are currently moaning.. what do you want from the club?

I think the best people to ask are the several thousand supporters who travelled up to Hull today and haven''t yet had the opportunity to express their views......

jas i want to be entertained, to enjoy football it doesn''t have to be anti football all the time does it? fair enough against the big clubs try and stop them playing but hughton knows  no other way... when we beat everton last year he was happy with the draw he said so himself post match... we''ve got good players now we don''t need to be so negative... the team he set up today was a disgrace and it took him far too long to try and force the issue... it was an embarrassment and has happened far to often and the common denominator is hughton

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]with the best stadium, Sell out crowds, a team full of internationals, playing in the best league in the world against the best teams and players in the world...And then there''s Ipswich town.. bottom half of the championship after 4 games and spiralling downwards rapidly, rented ground, no money, Managed by a muppett with a team full of loanees and one of the worst fan bases in the country....Still Hughton out eh?[/quote]So by the same logic, because it''s a lot better than Egypt and Syria at the moment, we shouldn''t try harder to make Britain a better place to live.Well done Jas, irrelevant as ever.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]with the best stadium, Sell out crowds, a team full of internationals, playing in the best league in the world against the best teams and players in the world...And then there''s Ipswich town.. bottom half of the championship after 4 games and spiralling downwards rapidly, rented ground, no money, Managed by a muppett with a team full of loanees and one of the worst fan bases in the country....Still Hughton out eh?[/quote]So by the same logic, because it''s a lot better than Egypt and Syria at the moment, we shouldn''t try harder to make Britain a better place to live.Well done Jas, irrelevant as ever.[/quote]

I have to say, having been very much pro-Hughton last season, that today was a pretty concerning performance, mainly in the way that we set up, which was a cerbon copy of last season when we produced a very poor away record.

My real concern is that Hughton was given a certain latitude last season on the basis that he was still trying to build his own side and, to some extent, we did not have the attacking weapons to make us a dangerous side whilst fitting into Hughton''s rigid system.

However, having spent considerable money on attacking talent, we just went and did exactly what we did all last season today. I can only see a similarly poor away record if we carry on with that approach.

What most concerns me is that if we see these sort of away displays over the first few months of the season, the fans'' disappointment is bound to begin to transmit itself to Carrow Road, and if the atmosphere there starts to become anti-Hughton then we really will be in trouble.