Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Hull Tiggers

Well after a bright first 5 minutes we really looked poor, they were helped by a very soft penalty but when you gifted the opportunity to play against 10 men then you have to put the team under more pressure than we did.

I thought that Tetty was really poor, Johnson should have been the man to stay on and Garrido has to be replaced by Olsson as it was just mistake after mistake.

Couldn''t help but feel sorry for RVW, the commentator saying he did little but he isn''t a work horse and we created only 1 serious chance for him.

Positives.... Well we started slow last season and Hull away on their first home game was always going to be tougher than on paper. Redmond looks a live wire and with some coaching could really grow into a top top player. I think that we didn''t see our best starting 11 and we will be a different side with Bassong and Hooper in the mix.

Chins up, long way to go and a transfer window still open to play with.

"I have literally no idea why we persist with playing Garrido - absolutely useless in my opinion, awful crossing and terrible passing."

He provided pretty much the only decent cross of the game from which VWF was unlucky to see an excellent header saved. He played no worse than the average today, but then he seems to be this years scapegoat.

If we keep playing like this all season we''re going to be in a relegation fight for sure.

I hope this is a one off. Let''s get 3 points against Southampton next week.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]That was utter utter dog cr@p. Time for a busty week of the transfer window! Imagine what a Quagliarella or a toivonen would have done there, or imagine how better dealt with the penalty incident would have been with an Alderweireld or a Kouyate?

We were screwed from the start when 4 centre mids showed up. Time to give it a go Hughton and stop being so negative away from home! I''d far rather we won 4 and lost 15 away than our current p1ss poor showings! A man up against a poor looking Hull City, utter rubbish! Funny how we can show up against Spurs and Man City but not away at rainy Hull, sort it out![/quote]What exactly did Turner do wrong in the penalty incident? Alderweireld or Kouyate would have made no difference. The problem was the dross in midfield. It''s been obvious for a long time that we need a decent attacking midfielder.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Garridos fucking useless, Olsson to start next[/quote]

^^ this for absolute fudging certain!! Garrido got his move permanently, and some how also got worse....

I''m not sure I agree Kangaroo Court, neither Johnson or Tettey can really pick a pass and when they both play in the centre we are very slow and predictable. I''m not sure who plays in front of them really matters when they always receive the ball with their back to goal.

"Stig"This is a first, a unanimous feeling amongst Pink''un posters!

Aye. It''s a very rare occurrence. That''s the only thing Hughton has managed today.

Never rated Garrido too highly last season, but why Olsson didn''t start I''ll never know.

1. Dodgy penalty decision against us yet again.

2. We should of had a penalty when turner was bundled over.

3. We just were not good enough, no hunger or desire.

4. Well done Hull, ( i thought they defended very well ) you deserved all 3 points.

5. All teams have at least 1 shocking game per season ( that is ours out of the way ). I hope!

6. Forget about that game and we move on to the next.

7. Im now going to get very drunk and not watch MOTD.

''Chins up, long way to go and a transfer window still open to play with. "

I don''t think it matters how many signings we can potentially make, we need someone to inspire them. Do we have that?

The worst thing about this is we gave up 5 mins before the end. That would never have been allowed under Lambert - we used to be at our most dangerous in the last few mins and injury time.

The players were not sharp, passing was terrible and their attitude and decision making was poor.

Ricky, Redmond and Howson played okay. Fer was terrible and looks some way off the pace (will give him another chance as it''s his first prem game).

I almost went to the game bur couldn''t afford the petrol - so glad I didn''t. But I feel for all of you that did attend. A long long way to go and a lot of money wasted to watch that. Most disappointed I''ve been in a long time because that performance was worse than our very bad patch at the end of last year.

Thankfully it''s only the 2nd game of the season but I don''t expect to see that again this season.

Van Wolfswinkel must be thinking ''what the hell have I done?'' Cant see how he is going to score more than Holt this season if we keep playing like that.

Do we just write off away games? The mentality seems to be ''Dont get beat'' but when we concede we dont seem to know what to do. Dont think the set-up was particularly defensive today, but you kind of feel the game plan had been skittled the moment we conceded because we looked rattled.

You''d think we were the ones with the man sent off from how shaken we were. Only really began to put them under pressure in the last 20 minutes but still didnt really fashion anything.

Team seemed all wrong from the start. Why play Howson on the right? If you insist on playing a CM on the wing why not Johnson who''s done a decent job there before, and play Redmond on the right.

For me Hughton made no real effort to capitalise on the man advantage. Wes and Snoddy should have been on at half time. Paul Lambert always tried to change a game with subs. £10 says he would have made the change before half-time, because we never looked like scoring and just wasted those 25 minutes.

Why spend 8m on a top quality striker and starve him to death. The problem is and always was in midfield. Their midfield outplayed ours and we had a man over.

Ask yourself, if we lose to arguably the weakest side in the division with a man advantage - who ARE we going to beat away? We certainly not going to get any easier games than this.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Can''t believe I woke up early on a Saturday to watch that.[/quote]

i feel your pain. i''m wondering the exact same thing. just awful, and i wasn''t a hughton hater, and generally don''t class myself as one, but really, I mean REALLY, that was awful and wouldn''t have looked out of place in sunday league. I think if nothing changes, (and going by last season unless we get a lucky 10 game unbeaten run) then its time to look to a manager who actually likes to play players in the right f*cking positions and to play passing, attractive attack minded football.

verging towards Hughton out today, maybe make him a scout, as he finds good players!

Strange game that. We arrived with a clear intent to attack and looked good during the opening 15 minutes. Yet once that red card was shown we became deflated and unorganised. Really poor mentality from the players but Houhton didn''t help by not making the changes sooner. I would have bought on Wes and Snodders the moment that red was shown. Houghton was the worst part of the team today. I''m more annoyed with him than the performance today....

[quote user="Fleckys Flip-Flop"]The real worry is that Hughton made the changes early, but they had no real effect! Not good. Not good at all.[/quote]

early? what game were you watching?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Holt would have thrived on a game like this, inspired others, and one thing that even Holt haters couldn''t argue against, he wouldn''t ever have given up!

[/quote]

agree 100%. If Holty hadn''t wanted to leave i think he would have been ideal to keep for games like this. He is a worker and prepared to run deep, work hard and bring other players up field while he holds the ball up and battles. We have a nice shiny expensive striker who''s game is the complete opposite. No decent service from midfield means he won''t get goals. We missed Holt today. We need someone to replace his work ethic and style of play badly.

Hard to reserve judgement after that. Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but it was a terrible performance in almost every regard. Frustrating to see so few ideas and such poor execution of even the most basic attacking play. Decision making both on and off the pitch was bad. What makes it worse is the high expectations before the season started to the reality of a deserved 1-0 defeat to a team as weak as Hull.

The buck simply has to stop with Hughton. He has to take ultimate responsibility for this performance. Cant really think of a single player who played well and surely the manager has to take responsibility for that. The players werent comfortable with something. What that was who knows. Tactics? Gameplan? Motivation? How can everyone have an off-day (with the exception of Ruddy).

That was the worst game I have ever seen Garrido play. I like him generally but he was very poor today. Terrible passing, poor decision making, but this was generally applicable to them all. The Wolf looked sharp and eager but we''ll never know. Surely today should have seen Fer ''the bouncer'' Vs Huddlestone, or even a Johnson V Fer showdown, but for some reason Huddlestone was allowed to boss the midfield.

Thought Howson was poor also but going to exempt him as played out of position, looked much better when played in the right position but still didnt do enough.

Very very disappointing and back to our ineffective away ways. And that has to be down to the manager surely?

Im not anti-Hughton, but I think he needs to hold his hands up today and say ''I got it wrong''. Wrong team selection, wrong tactics, and lacked the tactical nous and impetus to capitalise on the early man advantage

We were poor today, ashamed doesn''t even describe it.

One of the worst performances I have seen, lets hope Hughton gets them fired up for next week, if we lose next week I will join the Hughton out club as we need to be picking points up from games like these not waiting for our horrible run in.

I''m not going to lose my mind over this. Second game of the season is a little too early to start the wailing and gnashing of teeth. If I was managing, this wouldn''t have been my starting 11, and I would have made changes sooner after the red card. Shame no one asked me. Maybe I missed their call?

Bleh, that was utter tripe. Did not deserve the draw even. Cant believe we lost that, passing was terrible ! We should signed Curtis Davies after todays performance.Its gonna be another tough un-imaginative season for us.

Early in the 2nd half after we had made our first two subs and we where starting to get well on top we should have taken of Martin and gone to three at the back and brought on ollson and try to hurt hull with more pace and width instead of swapping Wes for Redmond. Why did we need 2CB''s in the 2nd half when Hull just had Graham in our half chasing shadows?

Southampton are much much better so next week will be interesting. Hopefully we will do something very different but if we do play like we did today it''s very possible we could get beaten 4-0. How would people feel if that was the result and the performance was as bad as today?