Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread vs Hull Tiggers

Joke of a perfomance, without Hoolahan we always look clueless.

Distinctly unimpressed so far.Howson looks even more like a fish out of water than usual playing on the wing, so far.Someone give Hughton some Prozac so we can play some positive football and win this game.

it wont shock me to see them come out in exactly the same way in the 2nd half before he brings elmander on in the 84th minute

Very sloppy play so far.

I really hope we pick up the pace in the second half otherwise we''ve lost the game.

First 15 mins we were good. Everyone seems to have forgotten that already.

But definitely need to make 1 or 2 changes at the break. No need to have Johnson and Tettey on against 10 men. Probably not at all against Hull, against Man.U, Chelsea etc fine, but Hull? Even away from home, that is ''negative''. I like Hughton, and don''t normally moan about negativity, but seriously, if he doesn''t make a HT change it''ll be very disappointing.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Who''d have thought we''d look poor in possession without Hoolahan on the pitch, its not like it happens everytime we drop him or anything.[/quote]

This

We''re not better than last year. Some new player but is a typically awfull performance. It truly is terrible. I honestly can''t face another season of this.

If we don''t beat the teams around us this year we will go down. Last year we managed to get points against top four clubs - we can''t rely on that again.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]We''re not better than last year. Some new player but is a typically awfull performance. It truly is terrible. I honestly can''t face another season of this.

If we don''t beat the teams around us this year we will go down. Last year we managed to get points against top four clubs - we can''t rely on that again.[/quote]

Wow. Slight overreaction... But what else can we expect from you?

fuck this one up front shit im fucking sick of it. absolute shit. 8 million worth of striker who cant get a sniff of itwe have no width, play redmond on the right and let him beat his man and cross the fucking ball, he cuts inside everytime its fucking predictable as hell

Haha! Forgot about Wes! The game is perfectly poised for him, Johnson, Howson and Tettey need to start bucking their ideas up. We have 4 centre mids on and still we are being outrun by a 10-man Hull City!

Like last week I feel we need Fer''s quality in central midfield. He is good in that attacking midfield role, but we need him on the ball more.

For the second half I''d have a look at:

Snodgrass Fer Tettey Redmond

Howson

Or swap Fer and Howson around in that.

Get Howson and Tettey off. Get Wes and Snodgrass on.Put Fer alongside Johnson, and give him license to roam.Hell, put another striker on. But do something.

We just have absolutely no penetration with Johnson and Tettey in centre of midfield.

Were a man up we don''t need 2 DM.

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]Very strange selection today, a lot of muscle in the midfield against a team that doesn''t really need it. Need to play Fer and Tettey in the middle, Snodgrass out wide on for Johnson and Wes on for Howson at half time...we need to take it to them now they only have 10 men....[/quote]

Agreed. Or push Howson into the hole if CH wants to hold fire on subs.

Too many sidewards passing midfielders who appear to freeze when kicking forwards!

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"]We''re not better than last year. Some new player but is a typically awfull performance. It truly is terrible. I honestly can''t face another season of this.

If we don''t beat the teams around us this year we will go down. Last year we managed to get points against top four clubs - we can''t rely on that again.[/quote]

Wow. Slight overreaction... But what else can we expect from you?[/quote]

Well so far I see no difference from last season. We can''t afford to start slow with the fixtures we have. We need a good point haul early on, and that includes three today.

What on earth is going on? Referee decides to take centre-stage...

The passing is absolutely woeful. Bright start but ever since the penalty we''ve looked rattled.

Johnson and Howsons passing has been woeful. Garrido has been awful, looks very nervous, passing terrible, delivery poor. We''ve got a man over but still the ball is continually bypassing Johnson Tettey and Howson.

Wolf isolated up front again, Fer not really having much influence. Redmond looking bright but for me at fault for the goal - gave the ball away in the first place, then in his efforts to redeem himself left the flank open allowing for the deep cross that led to the penalty.

We''re being outplayed by 10 men and we seem to have defaulted to hoofball. We look like headless chickens ever since the goal.

Hull it has to be said seem to have had Tom Daly in coaching them this week.

Needs some inspired substitutions from Hughton - this is where he earns his money.

Think he needs to get Hoolahan and Snodgrass on. Sacrifice 2 of Howson Tettey and Johnson considering the man advantage.