Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

Next game, you're the manager.

David McNally sees one of your posts after today''s game and, sensing a potential masterstroke, puts you in charge for one game.

What exactly do you change against Southampton to rectify the situation?

Ruddy

Whittaker Bassong Turner Garrido

Johnson

Fer Howson

Snodgrass Redmond

Ricky

As good as Martin is, I think Bassong has a greater tangible influence on the pitch. Garrido gets one more game to stake his claim as I don''t think Olsson is quite fit yet.

When we''re defending it''s a 3 in the middle, when we''re attacking Johnson sits, Howson follows the ball and offers an option wherever and Fer to push on with the attackers.

Redmond and Snodgrass are the wingers / second strikers. When the ball is right, Redmond is in the middle and vice versa. When we''re defending they''re do their wingerly duties.

The team are told, unless a clear opportunity in the channels arises or if there is no other option, to ignore RvW unless in the final third. We gain nothing from bringing him further away from goal or pointing him in the wrong direction, let alone smacking it up to him in the air and expecting goals.

This way there *should* be at least 3 danger men in and around the box in any given attack (Fer/ Winger/ RvW). Thing is, you need someone to marshal and keep everyone on task which I think Grant Holt used to be superb at. Not sure who that would be now. Fer? Snodgrass? Maybe Elmander? He looks the part at least.

Snodgrass will no doubt be feeling it later on, so Pilkington or Olsson for him and Redmond heads over to the right if needs be. Last twenty (as we shall no doubt be winning given my master plan) Tettey on for one of Fer/ Howson as a ''pitbull'' to chase the ball down higher up the pitch. Elmander to come on to run them down and take any pressure off.

This is assuming Hooper is not yet fit, being as he apparently won''t be ready for Bury in midweek.

I''m pretty certainly I''ll have left a gaping hole somewhere but this post has gone on for long enough.

Anyone else want to give it a go?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Because being a football manager is all about picking a starting XI....

[/quote]

I was going to post my training routines and pre-match presser notes as well but I didn''t want to give away ALL my secrets.