Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Just back.

I cant be bothered to read the posts so I''m sorry if my points have already been covered...1. Midfield. Just as bad as last year- away from home anyway. If we''re on the attack and the ball gets passed to 1 or 2 certain midfielders we''re guaranteed to give the ball away.2. Garrido. Didnt beat his full back once- when in a forward position. Poor performance but credit to the Hull defender i suppose!3. Ruddy. Kicking very off today but still a solid display. Was great to see him so angry at little bits throughout the game- showed passion!4. The Yellow Army. Once again superb- but then we knew that already. Great away atmosphere. Liked the "Johan Elmander, the Swedish Grant Holt!" song.Final point and it relates to midfield- people criticised Holty last year despite 8 goals. If we continue to deprive Ricky of good quality passing he will start to get as frustrated as Holty and will not score many more than 8.Creative midfielder is a must before transfer deadline!

There was a lot of negativity about Garrido in the crowd today. I don''t really see it. And unless my eyes deceived me didn''t he cross the ball to pick out Wolf who had made himself a little space in a crowded box? Probably the best quality moment from either side all afternoon.

I would criticise the midfield today. Hughton was unlucky to lose Bennett and Snodgrass was obviously not fully fit. But I wouldn''t have put Howson on the right. Either take a chance and start with Snodgrass or put Redmond on the right and Ollson on the left. IMO either option would have been better than the dogs dinner of a midfield he started with. Better second half and I''m sure there''s much better to come.

He seems to have stepped forward as this years scapegoat Nutty, and yes he did provide the cross. He didn''t have his best game, but who did?