Sign in to follow this  
pete

Bassong?

Didn''t play but SB said at Prem League launch he expected to play against Hull if he came through next U21 game. He completed 90 mins but was missing from today''s line up. Should we be concerned? Elliott Bennet injury posted on Football Rumours two days before club announced EB had surgery. Wish club communicated bad news more effectively.

Bassong travelled with the squad so i assumed he was fit enough to take part. We always look a better side when he plays. That being said i could say the same thing about Snodgrass why have him on the bench and Howson on the right made no sense to me. Also Pilkington travelled with the squad so assumed he was fit but didn''t feature either....

I assume Snoddy wasn''t 100% or he''d have started with Bennett being out. Bassong and Pilks have missed most. if not all of pre season so they might not be up to speed fitness wise yet even if their injuries have healed. Reckon we might see all 3 against Bury.

By my logic would it not of been better to start with Snodgrass try to win the game in the first 60 mins then take him off rather than start with Howson RM?

You would have thoght so Hannibal wouldn''t you? It seems that thought didn''t get past the voices in his head '''' a point''s a good result Chris, a points a good result, these are a good team chris, keep it tight, a point''s a good result''

There''s no point in taking a risk with a player who''s carrying an injury unless you absolutely have to. I''d have been more inclined to start Redmond right and Olsson left personally, but I get why Snoddy didn''t start.

The defence wasn''t really the problem yesterday was it?! No point risking Seb if he wasn''t 100% fit.