Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

ratings?

Can anyone that went to Dull give their ratings please?

It seems like we had a very poor game with little to be positive about.

My opinion for what it is worth ....................

Howson should have played in the Hoolahan position and Fer alongside Johnson or Tettey but given licence to break forward, this is his best position I believe although he is versatile. To start I would have played Redmond & Olsson on the wings since Snodgrass wasn''t 100%. This would have given us a better balance. I think we are missing a creative spark to compete with Hoolahan although Howson can play there and did create 2 shooting chances for himself that went narrowly over. Our passing appeared appalling at times and obviously needs to improve. For me that is one of the basic skills of a professional footballer, if you can''t do that, you should change professions! Redmond was one of the few players to shine and he should have stayed on. I hope Bassong is back for the next game as from the poor stream I watched for 30 minutes Martin''s distribution was poor. As has been said before, we need to understand the Wolf''s strengths and get balls into him. He had very few crosses and balls to feed off, which is bound to be frustrating for him. I only saw one great header from him that was well saved, but hopefully that will improve as the players gel. We still have Pilks, Hooper and Bassong to come back, so there''s light at the end of the tunnel but the jury is still out on the management team...........I just don''t understand the team selections and formations particularly v a weakish Hull side.

Ruddy 6 - Went wrong way for penalty and didn''t have much else to do.

Whittaker 5 - Not as good as last week, too many loose passes and not much offered going forward. Beaten for pace a few times too.

Turner - 6 - Despite giving away a soft penalty, looked solid. No idea how he didn''t win a penalty at the other end for something more blatant just before the red card.

Martin - 5 - Brave defensively, but no Bassong. Please be back soon Seb!

Garrido 6 - Solid and offered an outlet going forward at times. Surprised we haven''t seen more of Olsson yet, but with Redmond all over the pitch, probably picked for experience.

Howson 5 - As usual, started brightly then fizzled away. Put in a decent shift on the right flank, before playing the second half down the middle and going close with a few long shots.

Johnson - 5 - Average, nothing really of note - withdrawn at half time. Personally I''d have taken off Tettey...

Tettey 4 - Passing poor, running poor, reading of the game poor. Needs dropping.

Redmond 7 - Our only bright spark was taken off, any idea why? Looked dangerous and went close on a few occasions. Definitely a bargain signing with bags of potential.

Fer - 6 - First game in the Prem, should have scored after 3 minutes. Definitely a good player, will hopefully come into his own.

RVW - 6 - One header at goal, did he touch the ball apart from that? Very poor service to him, feel sorry for him! I''m sure he''ll love Hooper being fit so they can play together

CBA to do subs, none of them did anything much