Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Sven to leave

noooo, this cant be so

Super Matty sven will be missed!

Err, i think you''ll find that HE put a clause in his contract.

Standard practise that would allow him to move on rather than being emcumbered with a signing fee.

Personally I don''t think he will be much of a loss and his wages will be better spent elsewhere.

I think they''ll be quite a clear out with Stuart, Brennan, Gallagher, McVeigh, Francis, Edworthy and one of either Johnson and Helveg going as well.

Time to build for another promotion and premiership place therefore it is to the next two years we have to be looking.

Hmm, but who would have him? Not saying he''s rubbish, but I can''t see any ''better'' clubs coming in.

I hope he doesnt go. You could see he was absolutely gutted yesterday and how much it meant to him, or was he taking one last look at the City crowd I wonder..?

Come on Matty, be part of the team that comes up again next year!

cant see it really, as when he signed his contract we were still in the old first division, so surely being relegated meant from that division, not the premiership. but, if he is making noises about leaving less than 24 hours after our relegation then i reckon we are better off without him.

The ball is already rolling and it''s only a day since we went down. I say let him go don''t want players not committed to the cause shame because he could have done a good job in the fizzy as back up for deano and leon but who in premier would want him anyway he just ain''t that good .

I''m not suprised he wants to leave. He was gutted yesterday after the final whistle. The man battles and fights but isn''t good enough to replace Ashton up front so fair play to him. I certainly wouldn''t want to be sat on the bench when the likes of Holt and Francis swan around without a care in the world as we get thumped 6-0

[quote]Err, i think you''ll find that HE put a clause in his contract. Standard practise that would allow him to move on rather than being emcumbered with a signing fee. Personally I don''t think he will be ...[/quote]

Sorry, I understood that he himself asked for it to be put in.  But why did we let him?  Seems a bit foolish but hey, I know jack about contract negotiations!! 

Svensson will have known that when his contract ended in 2006 he would be less likely to earn a 2 to 3 year contract with us or another decent club.Moving now gives him that chance.He would not have signed had this option not have been in place. This was in place with City in the 80''s and 90''s which allowed us to sign players who would not have otherwise joined.Unfortunately this was then interpreted as a ''naughty man'' selling off all the players. I think fans would be shocked if they knew what provisos are in contracts, even down to clauses that forbid the club or it''s representatives from commenting on future sales.Player leaves and chairman takes the flak.I think the pendulum needs swinging back in the clubs favour a little.

[quote]im gutted- i love super mat[/quote]

Yeah Ive got alot of time for him too and would be gutted if he went. Im not sure I can lay claim to the Super Matt chant, though Id like to - I hadnt heard it before I started it at Chelsea when he got injured, then the guy behind me joined in, and its been great to hear it sung since!Ok Im laying claim to it!

Matt was peeved when the club bought Ashton. When all the speculation was going on he publicly stated that we didn''t need another striker. Now he''s on the bench. I can understand why he might want to go but (a) which Premier side would want him if he was even surplus to requirements at Charlton (b) surely he would be better off here than in a lower league playing regularly but in front on 8,000 fans.

I hope he doesn''t leave but if he is genuinely unsettled after the fantastic topsy turvy time he''s had here then we are better off without any bad apples. But I hope he changes his mind- a great man to have on the bench and good cover for Leon and Deano if they get injured.

That goal against Charlton was one of my highlights this season.

Agree, a return to Sweden looks the likely option.
Along with a lot of posters here I will be sad to see him go. He isnt the best centre forward around, but what he lacks he more than makes up with it by playing with his heart on his sleeve a lot of the time. He gets stuck in, has a good left foot and has a good
rapport with the fans. He goes mad when he scores as well which makes him a favorite with a lot of the crowd.

Nice to see he''s set the record straight on the EDP site - God knows we all need a break from time to time. He was visibly distraught at the end of the game, looked like he was close to tears. We shall see what happens soon.

Goodbye,good riddance ,anyone making those sort of noises so soon after sunday aint no good to us .