Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

11th Last Year

Yes we did finish 11th but wake up and smell the coffee, we were favourites to get relegated with two games left and were only spared by a fluke result against a Man City team with nothing to play for.

People bang on about it as if Hughton comfortably took us to mid-table. Had Wigan not endured a successful FA Cup run it could''ve been us back in the Championship.

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]Yes we did finish 11th but wake up and smell the coffee, we were favourites to get relegated with two games left and were only spared by a fluke result against a Man City team with nothing to play for.

People bang on about it as if Hughton comfortably took us to mid-table. Had Wigan not endured a successful FA Cup run it could''ve been us back in the Championship.[/quote]

You''re so right. And after all my frustration today I do not dislike Hughton. I simply wish he''d just get a clue, and buck his ideas up. I just want us to play positive trying-to-win football. If he can''t deliver that then I''d rather someone else who wants to, as it isn''t entertaining watching 4 shots on goal, its sad and depressing. Win, Lose or draw, we need the era or giving it a bloody go to return. I miss it sorely!

Think we should start by getting rid of Calderwood I really believe he has a big say in how we approach games and I also believe he knows f''all about football

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]Yes we did finish 11th but wake up and smell the coffee, we were favourites to get relegated with two games left and were only spared by a fluke result against a Man City team with nothing to play for.

People bang on about it as if Hughton comfortably took us to mid-table. Had Wigan not endured a successful FA Cup run it could''ve been us back in the Championship.[/quote]We may ave been ''favourites'' to get relegated, but if we had lost those last two games we would not have been relegated.

People bang on about it as if Hughton comfortably took us to mid-table. Had Wigan not endured a successful FA Cup run it could''ve been us back in the Championship.[/quote]#

Facts are not your strong point are they. Had we lost at Man City there would still have been half a dozen clubs below us.The truth is that we were never in danger of relegation despite a lot of pantwetting from the usual suspects.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Capt_Canary"]Yes we did finish 11th but wake up and smell the coffee, we were favourites to get relegated with two games left and were only spared by a fluke result against a Man City team with nothing to play for.

People bang on about it as if Hughton comfortably took us to mid-table. Had Wigan not endured a successful FA Cup run it could''ve been us back in the Championship.[/quote]#

Facts are not your strong point are they. Had we lost at Man City there would still have been half a dozen clubs below us.The truth is that we were never in danger of relegation despite a lot of pantwetting from the usual suspects.[/quote]^^^This.People need to calm the frig down. We lost a game, deal with it.,

I don''t think Hughton should any credit.  The only thing that kept us up last year, was the players ignoring Hughton and playing attacking football.

[quote user="Mr 4-6-0"]I don''t think Hughton should any credit.  The only thing that kept us up last year, was the players ignoring Hughton and playing attacking football.[/quote]Nurse! he''s got out of bed again!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mr 4-6-0"]I don''t think Hughton should any credit.  The only thing that kept us up last year, was the players ignoring Hughton and playing attacking football.[/quote]Nurse! he''s got out of bed again![/quote]

He is not wrong Ricardo, why in those two games did we play so different to the whole rest of the season ? so against the Hughton style ?

It was the complete opposite to how Hughton Played all last season, if thats not the players taking things into there own hands, i dont know what is !!

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mr 4-6-0"]I don''t think Hughton should any credit.  The only thing that kept us up last year, was the players ignoring Hughton and playing attacking football.[/quote]Nurse! he''s got out of bed again![/quote]

He is not wrong Ricardo, why in those two games did we play so different to the whole rest of the season ? so against the Hughton style ?

It was the complete opposite to how Hughton Played all last season, if thats not the players taking things into there own hands, i dont know what is !![/quote]Have you considered patenting this mind reading technique that means you can read the players minds? You could make a fortune.

Do you honestly believe that Hughton would still be manager if the players had rebelled? Would McNasty not have noticed?

You''re free to be disappointed about yesterday but don''t start making crap up to back up the argument.

We were never the favorites to get relegated albeit for 20 or minutes when Wigan had the lead in their game against Swansea. Wigan were always odds on to go down.