Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

How many games before the Board acts?

I posted last year that they should keep Hughton if we were relegated and dismiss him should we stay in the Prem. Of course he took on stewardship of the biggest budget we have ever had. His tactics are baffling and we can all sense the frustration of posters for the last 6 months. Whilst 2 games is too early and reeks of desperation how long before fans express their unhappiness at matches rather than on here?

If tactics don''t change and results don''t materialise how long before we fire an under performing management/coaching team? I reckon it could be as soon as the end of October. Any views? We would have to act. O''Neil has stated he had unfinished business at Norwich.

Oneil may have unfinished business, but I hope its nothing to do with being our manager.

Gus Poyet was rumoured to be greatly disliked by a fair few Brighton players...I don''t know whether this is speculation or fact. I''d be suspicious though. If Hughton fails to get things right then Di Matteo is probably the best bet.

Di Matteo? His Chelsea side was one of the most negative in the history of CL football, and it seems the main reason people want CH replaced is because he is too negative away from home. This suggestion doesn''t add up somehow!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Di Matteo? His Chelsea side was one of the most negative in the history of CL football, and it seems the main reason people want CH replaced is because he is too negative away from home. This suggestion doesn''t add up somehow![/quote]I would put this in the category of folks just saying a name they have heard of.A bit like when people were wishing we had got Roy Keane when Ips**ch announced him as manager.

Sure, but his west brom and mk dons sides were as offensive as any. So, given his experience, he probably has a blend of the two approaches now.

There is always the possibility that they will act sooner rather than later. Look at the Gunn situation, a club stalwart and legend was given the elbow following a 4-0 victory because that board had been convinced that he was not up to the job. This was even though he had been given a large budget of about £750k and had signed 11 new players.

I would suggest that Bury at home in the cup and Southampton in the league will be big games for Hughton and his coaching team!

No matter what personnel he has signed, I do not see tactically any change from the defensive mandate he persistently uses.

How does the old saying go - A leopard never changes its spots!''

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 2013-08-25 3:49 AM:

Di Matteo? His Chelsea side was one of the most negative in the history of CL football, and it seems the main reason people want CH replaced is because he is too negative away from home. This suggestion doesn''t add up somehow!

That is a joke I take it - ''negative away from home''!

Hughton is negative full stop, home and away and has been since he arrived. And to compare such tactics to CL football - that beggars belief when you play for a result over two legs.

Oh your new, yes it''s meltdown literally every game we lose (and some we draw) on here since Lambert left.

It was already tedious last season.

I can''t talk football with pretty much anyone Norwich fan. The only respect I have for the majority of my fellow Canaries is because they support Norwich. If you want Hughton out at this moment in time, then you and I will never be able to talk football- and that suits me just fine.

Yes, that is rather tedious. I get the frustration, but todays loss wasn''t all that bad. My only regret is that I woke up at 6:30am on a Saturday to watch it live. But f#ck it, that''s football. Sometimes your team plays just horribly and you lose a game. I''ve done a bit of research, and it turns out team actually lose quite often.

McNally will of learnt from last season. Whether some like to admit it or not we were NOT safe 3 games from end of the season. That time it had gone on too long and if McNally got rid would of done more harm than good. I genuinely believe his negative tactics lost us at least 6-10 points. Games when teams were on the ropes every fan could see it (more so after having lambert to learn off) but Hughton played safe and pulled a like for like sub. Heartbreaking to watch at times. I''d say 50-60% of fans thought relegation was about to happen at 1 point. When I watch Hughton I feel like crying. Which means it crossed McNally mind at 1 Point. I believe most managers could of hammered hull today with our squad. But not Hughton ohhh no he would of been well chuffed to get an own goal a leave at 1-1. Lambert would of had 2 forwards on and we WOULD OF SCORED 3 season''s ago I''m SURE. 8 games NO win bye chris. That would be 2-3 wins in the high 30''s games. CRingworthy come on this is our best squad in years and there no reason we can''t finish top half all the way to 12th. OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think it''ll be 23. Don''t ask me why. Just seems like a good number.

[/quote]

ON PHONE read comment, scroll down read the above comment, think what an idiot, scroll left see name NUTTY NIGEL, rolls eyes and....... Bugger how have I ended up wasting my time on this pinkun "boss" muppet who bleats about a lack of sensible discussion but prints trash every other post. Well cool nig init!!!! Charlie-oscar-charlie-kilo yes tilly that says cock as in cock-a-roach like as in a parasite.

"Canary On The Wire"

I would HAVE thought so too

They should HAVE learnt that by now.

I think 5 games would be enough to judge how we are going to play this season. if there is no significant improvement in result of style of play time to shake hands and say thanks and goodbye.

I would probably go for Lucien Favre from Borussia Monchengladbach to replace him took over a team i Germany on the brink of relegation saved them then finished 4th the following season and is well known in Europe to play attractive football. Second choice would be Philip Cocu from PSV third Eddie Howe from Bournemouth.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]So is this what happens around here every time the team loses? Could get tedious.[/quote]

Just wait till we win a game though, it''ll be all ''europe here we come''!!

I think if we don''t win any matches by end Sept then a change of manager should be seriously considered because I feel that we do have a very good team now. I don''t think Macnally will be very happy at all if things don''t improve. I know its only 2 games into the season but we should have had 4 points on the board now. Just my opinion.

Here''s an idea; next time we lose a game, and it will happen, can all the pant setters try something? Start a thread where you just say ''I''m disappointed we lost today'' and just leave it there.

To read the same ''sack the manager'', ''kill the board'', ''burn the ground down'' every time is just so tedious.

We''re two games in after replacing our best striker for a decade, plus other big signings. Just give them time to gel and see what happens.

Just for balance, with the "time to gel" thing, out of the 14 players that played yesterday, 4 of them were new players. Out of the 14 that featured for Hull, 9 of them are new signings.

There were plenty of reasons for our no show yesterday, most of them down to a large number of our lads seeming to forget that we were playing in white, but I don''t think needing "time to gel" is a valid one. It''s the same for everyone, except maybe Arsenal...

[quote user="Jonzey"]Here''s an idea; next time we lose a game, and it will happen, can all the pant setters try something? Start a thread where you just say ''I''m disappointed we lost today'' and just leave it there.

To read the same ''sack the manager'', ''kill the board'', ''burn the ground down'' every time is just so tedious.

We''re two games in after replacing our best striker for a decade, plus other big signings. Just give them time to gel and see what happens.[/quote]

Far to sensible for this forum.

[quote user="ref89"]Roberto Di Matteo.[/quote]Do you mean the one sacked by similar sized club WBA for poor results?