Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Bonus's etc

Stand by for the parade of players to tell us how different it will be next week!Pity the application/effort yesterday could n''t match that in the last two games last year when a huge bonus was involved!

i honestly think last years end of season was down to mcnally getting all the old players introduced before kick off, the cardboard clappers, and a players revolt on the pitch where they took it upon themselves to be positive, it had nothing to do with chris hughton i am convinced of that.

Last years end of season was down to playing 2 sides that were on the beach with nothing to play for.

I''m affraid we are only now entering the chris hughton era, up until the end of last season remnants of the lambert era were still evident, all be it gradually being watered down & underminded. This was largely down to the changes in playing staff. The ethos that had driven the club forward from the depths of div 1 had been built on team spirit & hard work. As players from that era have left that spirit/work effort is diminishing, all but the likes of Russell Martin, John Ruddy, Wes Holahan have been replaced with more expensive better quality replacements & with them a new set of principles (im a big star, you do it! types who are not prepared to work for each other) Everton at home last season was the final curtain call of the lambert ethos, a goal down minutes remaining, our full backs charging forward pressing almost on the edge of the opponents penalty area. Having found an equaliser our spirit took over from any hughtonesk "what we have we hold principles" & the rest is history, in Hughtons interview after the game he said "the players just we for it"

NEVER AGAIN will you see that type of commitment unless you go to villa park

[quote user="funny old game"]I''m affraid we are only now entering the chris hughton era, up until the end of last season remnants of the lambert era were still evident, all be it gradually being watered down & underminded. This was largely down to the changes in playing staff. The ethos that had driven the club forward from the depths of div 1 had been built on team spirit & hard work. As players from that era have left that spirit/work effort is diminishing, all but the likes of Russell Martin, John Ruddy, Wes Holahan have been replaced with more expensive better quality replacements & with them a new set of principles (im a big star, you do it! types who are not prepared to work for each other) Everton at home last season was the final curtain call of the lambert ethos, a goal down minutes remaining, our full backs charging forward pressing almost on the edge of the opponents penalty area. Having found an equaliser our spirit took over from any hughtonesk "what we have we hold principles" & the rest is history, in Hughtons interview after the game he said "the players just we for it"

NEVER AGAIN will you see that type of commitment unless you go to villa park[/quote]

Sorry

"The players just WENT for it"

well it''s still bloody early & I''m still pis@ed off, while I''m at it Calderwood & Trollope should not be allowed to coach out of the 1st divison

while I''m at it Calderwood & Trollope should not be allowed to coach out of the 1st divison

Totally agree with this think we should be making are feelings about are great coaches known more at games...

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Stand by for the parade of players to tell us how different it will be next week!Pity the application/effort yesterday could n''t match that in the last two games last year when a huge bonus was involved![/quote]First one as predicted:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/leroy_fer_vows_to_get_better_as_norwich_city_find_familiar_travelling_woes_1_2352993Save it for the pitch guys - we''ve heard it all before!!

Thank god someone else has mentioned those two! Thought I was alone in my low opinion of them.