Sign in to follow this  

Is Hooper's injury worse then we've been told?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No sign of return? Has Hughton said he''s not playing next week?[/quote]

And he''s not said he is!!

Or even in training.[:|]

[quote user="ricardo"]I''ve heard he''s having a wooden leg fitted on Wednesday.[/quote]I heard it was going to be a biomechanical limb with artificial intelligence, but Hughton''s only allowing it if the "shoot" function can be deactivated.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricardo"]I''ve heard he''s having a wooden leg fitted on Wednesday.[/quote]I heard it was going to be a biomechanical limb with artificial intelligence, but Hughton''s only allowing it if the "shoot" function can be deactivated.[/quote]I heard that it is a Steve Austin type "rebuild" with his right arm, both legs and his left eye being replaced with "bionic" implants that will enhance his strength, speed and vision far above human norm. He is then being remodeled as a defensive minded central midfielder, instructed never to pass the ball forwards or travel beyond the halfway line. If he fails to obey these simple commands Chris Hughton will then shut down his bionic implants remotely by way of a control panel being fitted into the back of Colin Calderwood''s head.

I heard he actually had a medical at QPR, but when we made our improved bid, they messed about with his limbs so much they no longer function.SABOTAGE

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I heard he actually had a medical at QPR, but when we made our improved bid, they messed about with his limbs so much they no longer function.SABOTAGE [/quote]

Apart from against Braga when he scored twice you mean?

[:P]

Yes I think you''re right Wiz, after all they''ve managed to cover up the fact that Elliot Bennett is apparently injured.....

[quote user="Wiz"]Just asking, with no sign of return in sight.[/quote]nobody here knows, and you wouldn''t trust them (quite rightly) if they did.

A good question, I certainly expected to see him on the bench vs the Tigers. More like a case of being a little careful with him, like they are probably with Bassong, it''s a long season, the Wolf is doing OK and we already have a few injuries early doors. My guess is they will play a full 11 vs 11 session or similar during the week for him Bassong and Pilks......just guess work.... 

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricardo"]I''ve heard he''s having a wooden leg fitted on Wednesday.[/quote]I heard it was going to be a biomechanical limb with artificial intelligence, but Hughton''s only allowing it if the "shoot" function can be deactivated.[/quote]I heard that it is a Steve Austin type "rebuild" with his right arm, both legs and his left eye being replaced with "bionic" implants that will enhance his strength, speed and vision far above human norm. He is then being remodeled as a defensive minded central midfielder, instructed never to pass the ball forwards or travel beyond the halfway line. If he fails to obey these simple commands Chris Hughton will then shut down his bionic implants remotely by way of a control panel being fitted into the back of Colin Calderwood''s head.[/quote]I like it.  Someone should tweet McNally and get this in motion.

Bruising of the soft tissue, which is what the striker suffered, is of unknown duration. It can leave discomfort and muscular difficulty for weeks. A footballer needs to have a complete recovery, or his play could be greatly hindered.

I assume that they will need to get him back into training if he is able to do little strenuous in the meantime. I suspect that CH and his advisors really have little idea of when Hooper will be fully fit. Broken bones or snapped ligaments are much easier to predict.

Spot on Salopian. When you consider that a lot of Hooper''s talents are with his "explosiveness" soft tissue damage anywhere on the leg is going to impede his performance.

Where I think Hooper is going to be most effective (if he plays off RVW) is his hold up, quick one-two to get a shot away. If you have any struggle with your legs, you''re not going to be as effective. Best wait until fully fit.