Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Those that want to sack Hughton go and....

putting the result aside for one moment, I thought that when the Hull player got sent off it was then an individual test for Hughton to see how he dealt with the situation for the rest of the game.

it was I''d imagine a classic "set piece" that those taking coaching badges and suchlike might encounter.

a "what would you do in the this situation" kind of scenario, 1-0 down, but a man extra fo the remaining 60 , how do you overturn the situation?

for me it was a test to see if he really does have it in him to be tactically aware enough for that challenge, or if he is comfortable with a scenario away from home when he have more possession than the home side and force the situation as an attacking team.

the result was a failure on all counts, Hull going down to 10 in actual fact panicked Hughton more than it did them, he didnt know what to do,with who,or when, in a situation away from home totally alien to him, i,e being the team on the front fot. You then have to ask youselves ,if we couldnt at the very least prise at very least a point from that situation, from which away games will we get points from?

They both have a drastic lack of top level football to their name, barring Calderwood who had a spell at Newcastle in ''09 which isn''t much to shout about. So why, with other great coaching staff do we have these two guys ''assisting'' Hughton. I fail to see what they bring to the club - however, I am open to hear what they do bring if someone can tell me!

Firstly, just want to say that I am fully behind CH.

But out of curiosity. If we continue to get results like this, when will the right time be to air displeasure?

Say if we lost or drew to saints, lose at spurs, draw with villa, lose or draw at stoke and lose v Chelsea. (Yes I know we could also win).

What will people''s views be? I''m just interested to hear. Do we allow 19 games for the new players to bed in?

Would people lay off the team if we mirrored the results that I said above but played attacking football?

Like I said, I''m behind ch, but just interested in people''s thoughts.

they helped hughton get more than a 55% win ratio with newcastle; getting them promoted to the prem and staying mid - table, playing good football....you''ll see

All I''m saying is with all this blame landing at Hugton''s feet, I think it''s only fair we look at his right and left hand men - who in *my* opinion are not up to scratch.

[quote user="Stig"]All I''m saying is with all this blame landing at Hugton''s feet, I think it''s only fair we look at his right and left hand men - who in *my* opinion are not up to scratch.[/quote]However this isn''t all you were saying. You also said:1) Calderwood and Trollop have too much power.2) you thought Calderwood and Trollop were whispering doubts in Hughton''s ears3) you wanted Calderwood and Trollop to go.and this is all made up in your head. You imagine this and just say it, then form an opinion based on some made-up nonsense you''ve saidthink before you type. yes - you are entitled to your opinion, but nobody should respect your opinion if all its based on is the fact that you said it and therefore it must be true.

Umm... Kolin, you''ve just done the exact thing you''re talking about to my very posts.

I don''t believe they have literal power over Hughton or they are literally whispering in his ear! Have some sense man! I do want them to go because their opinion on the team I believe is not qualified enough for this level or stature of players we possess!

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are still in transition [/quote]rubbish. are we phuk[/quote]

We had players on Saturday for who it was only their first game with us.   Have some patience and look forward to Southampton.   The proof of the new signings and Hughton''s team development will be later in the season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--  lake district canary:  The proof of the new signings and Hughton''s team development will be later in the season.I suggest you don''t go back and use that ''proof'' on last season.[/quote]

Last season was last season, Hughton''s first.  A difficult season for any manager coming in to a club with our history under Lambert. This season has only just started.  New players take time to gel.   Imo we have to let Hughton get on with it and see how things develop.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are still in transition [/quote]rubbish. are we phuk[/quote]

We had players on Saturday for who it was only their first game with us.   Have some patience and look forward to Southampton.   The proof of the new signings and Hughton''s team development will be later in the season.

[/quote]

later this season will be TOO late

hughton out

[quote user="JF"]2 games, 6 shots on target, 4 wins in 23 matches. Nothing has changed, i don''t want him sacked now, that would be ridiculous, but if we are still seeing this anti football, piss poor crap game after game in 9 more matches then i''m afraid it will be time to say goodbye. I like the guy and want him to get it right.[/quote]After last season''s antics can''t be fairer than that.

"And your post is an embarrassment. We all know what Wiz is like. Wiz knows what he is like. Is there need for this?"

To be blunt, you can do one as well.

I''m sick to the back teeth of reading his opinions, which change with the direction of the wind.

He trolls, lies and flip-flops his way across this board, acting incredulously when people have the temerity to question the validity of his ever changing views, or give him some stick.

I''ve got no problem with most people''s opinions, even if I think they''re wrong, as long as they''re consistent and cogent (ie not a knee jerk reaction to the events of the last 5 minutes).

I wouldn''t normally react quite so strongly to a poster, but he boils my piss.

[quote user="Stig"]Umm... Kolin, you''ve just done the exact thing you''re talking about to my very posts.

I don''t believe they have literal power over Hughton or they are literally whispering in his ear! Have some sense man! I do want them to go because their opinion on the team I believe is not qualified enough for this level or stature of players we possess![/quote]Then why do you say it? You have no evidence and your opinion is based on nothing.You frequently use the phrase "in my opinion" as if this excuses the fact that your opinion is illogical.Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but I will criticise it when it looks, as it does here, as though you have picked your opinion based on nothing but the first thing whichIt bugs me when people go on about things like the coaches'' abilities which is something we just cannot know at all. It is one thing to criticise Hughton because the buck of course does stop with him. He is in charge. We do not know exactly the responsibilities of Trollope and Calderwood. What precisely is their remit? How much does Hughton devolve responsibilities to them / listen to their opinions? They may be huge influences on the manager and dressing room, but its also possible they play a minor role just chucking a few balls round the training ground and doing a bit of shouting. Nobody knows.And another point: you say they are not qualified, but surely their CVs are roughly equivalent to a large number of other assistant managers and coaches, and are fairly strong:Calderwood - varied top flight CV, fairly wide managerial experience, experience in every division of the league, two promotions as a manager, World Cup and Euros experience, experience of working with HughtonTrollope - international caps, wide playing CV, managerial experience, managerial success, coaching experience at Birmingham under Hughton

[quote user="QHcanary"]"And your post is an embarrassment. We all know what Wiz is like. Wiz knows what he is like. Is there need for this?"

To be blunt, you can do one as well.

I''m sick to the back teeth of reading his opinions, which change with the direction of the wind.

He trolls, lies and flip-flops his way across this board, acting incredulously when people have the temerity to question the validity of his ever changing views, or give him some stick.

I''ve got no problem with most people''s opinions, even if I think they''re wrong, as long as they''re consistent and cogent (ie not a knee jerk reaction to the events of the last 5 minutes).

I wouldn''t normally react quite so strongly to a poster, but he boils my piss.[/quote]I can see what he''s saying. There''s no need for nastiness.But Wiz is a particularly annoying man. And he does it deliberately to wind up everyone and be contrary. And he clearly thrives on other peoples annoyance at him.

"I can see what he''s saying. There''s no need for nastiness. But Wiz is a particularly annoying man. And he does it deliberately to wind up everyone and be contrary. And he clearly thrives on other peoples annoyance at him."

Nope, there is no "need" for it, but when it comes to someone like that I''m not prepared to temper my response like I normally would for anyone else.

I guess I can console myself with the fact that someone who thrives on Internet hatred must lead a pretty empty existence in the real world.

That''s my last post on the subject as its derailing the thread.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"I can see what he''s saying. There''s no need for nastiness. But Wiz is a particularly annoying man. And he does it deliberately to wind up everyone and be contrary. And he clearly thrives on other peoples annoyance at him." Nope, there is no "need" for it, but when it comes to someone like that I''m not prepared to temper my response like I normally would for anyone else. I guess I can console myself with the fact that someone who thrives on Internet hatred must lead a pretty empty existence in the real world. That''s my last post on the subject as its derailing the thread.[/quote]

Ah, so you really do know nothing about me........oh, and huzzah!![:D]