Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Those that want to sack Hughton go and....

......take a deep breath and..........relax.    An air of negativity around the place is just what we don''t need.  

We are still in transition - we''ve got new players - sold our captain and one of the strongest characters we''ve ever had in GH.   We have a great squad of players that have to learn to gel.     We have a manager who knows that to have a good defence is vital - and he knows as well as any of us that the midfield has to improve.     We have only had two games, last week was ok, today we had several chances to score and the result was finely balanced.  Hull were never going to be a walk over - and 10 men are not always easy to play against.  

And as for all the Hughton out calls - have a drink, chill out and look forward to the next match and seeing if we are as bad as you think we are after that.   Thats the great thing about a league.   There''s always another match coming up.   We may have Hooper, Bassong, a fully fit Snodgrass, Fer will only improve, RVW will score goals, others will be in contention - and they will be looking to improve after today''s disappointment.  

I know.........I''m irritating and annoying - but there are two sides to any argument - and there are always positives - if you want to see them.  

Do they seriously want him sacked or is it the backlash of a disappointing result. Wait and see what''s posted tomorrow Lakey!

I''ve taken a deep breath. I''m off to the Bury game on Tuesday, if they are as bad as they were today expect the full measure of my wrath to be directed your way. [:P]

Count to ten!!!! And " Hull were never going to be a walk over - and 10 men are not always easy to play against". Really pleased you''ve learnt the typical Hughton mantra, Excellent its almost word for word. When he says this I''m sure he''s thinking " surely they''re not daft enough to believe this tosh, but instead we''ve got a disciple ready to repeat it at will. Thank-you Long Distance Canary  but in future I''ll just record him saying it after a loss to palace or even bloody gateshead in A cup "" tough opposition,came with a game plan (wish u would Chris)  and they wanted it more than us on the day". BUT why is that Chris?? Is it because were lucky to grace the pitch with such mighty teams and that should be more than enough for us, I just can''t get into the mindset of someone so NEGATIVE start to finish. If they went down to 8 men his tactics would play out exactly the same!!!

I fail to see how only managing 4 shots on target in a whole game against a newly promoted side who played with 10 men for 65 mins is anything other than a catastrophic failure....

2 games, 6 shots on target, 4 wins in 23 matches. Nothing has changed, i don''t want him sacked now, that would be ridiculous, but if we are still seeing this anti football, piss poor crap game after game in 9 more matches then i''m afraid it will be time to say goodbye. I like the guy and want him to get it right.

We have had 2 tough games in Hull and Everton and while yesterday was a bit of a no show we know on the evidence of some of the games of last year that we can turn it on if we want to.

Daft shooting from the hip actions from boards have destroyed clubs before, look at Wolves and Mcarthy. Hughton did set out a defensive line up but that was always going to be needed; it''s hulls first home game after a write off fixture against Chelsea, we presented the first real chance of 3 points and so there was the possibility that we were going to have absorb a lot of pressure.

Like everyone I''m frustrates we didn''t take the game to Hull after the sending off but at the same time I still think we look like a team that hasn''t worked out its best starting 11 and is also missing key players. Hooper for me is th man to go in behind RVW and Bassong is definitely missed at the back.

Southampton at home is a really good fixture to kickstart our season with ans hopefully it might include appeareances from Bassong, Hooper and PIlkington.

[quote user="im spartacus"]I''ve slept on it considered everything and still i want him sacked the sooner the better OTBC
[/quote]

Like you spartacus, I''ve slept on it and calmed down..................and I think he has to go now before its too late.

Mmmmm. OK, slept on it too. Naaaah, enough is enough.

Come on LDC old chap, wake up and smell the bottom three. Did it look like we were actually trying something different? Did it look like Hughton was attempting to utilise our new assets? I would suggest not.

It sounds to me that he has just bought more expensive pieces for his lego set but still cant use them to build anything useful.

If you have a car with one wheel missing and then replace the 3 wheels with shiny new ones, and better tyres, well .... you still have a car with one wheel missing. Not going to get far in it are you.

Yeah, sometimes I have no idea what I''m on about either.

"Like you spartacus, I''ve slept on it and calmed down..................and I think he has to go now before its too late."

Flip.

Flop.

Flip.

Flop.

Flip.

Flop.

Everyone''s entitled to an opinion, but how many conflicting opinions can you have about one man?

I can understand why the Hughton out brigade feel the way they do. I don''t agree with them, but they know how they feel, and generally stick to them guns.

You, on the other hand, change your mind more often a hooker drops her knickers. I''ll bet you don''t even understand why you get so much abuse. You''re an embarrassment.

You utter, utter c0ck.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]I fail to see how only managing 4 shots on target in a whole game against a newly promoted side who played with 10 men for 65 mins is anything other than a catastrophic failure....[/quote]a catastrophic failure would be relegation. that was losing a game of football.you''re so melodramatic.

you are entirely right, LDC, and don''t let these doom-mongers make you think any differently.i was at the game today and the negativity from the fans was almost enough to make me question whether i would be better off not going to games.the hull fans were incredible. our fans, in the main, were behaving like moany spoilt brats.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Like you spartacus, I''ve slept on it and calmed down..................and I think he has to go now before its too late." Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop. Everyone''s entitled to an opinion, but how many conflicting opinions can you have about one man? I can understand why the Hughton out brigade feel the way they do. I don''t agree with them, but they know how they feel, and generally stick to them guns. You, on the other hand, change your mind more often a hooker drops her knickers. I''ll bet you don''t even understand why you get so much abuse. You''re an embarrassment. You utter, utter c0ck.[/quote]

More respected posters than me want Hughton gone sonny, but no, you attack and single me out...........transparent, typical ''pink un'' behavior ....from a child.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Like you spartacus, I''ve slept on it and calmed down..................and I think he has to go now before its too late." Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop. Everyone''s entitled to an opinion, but how many conflicting opinions can you have about one man? I can understand why the Hughton out brigade feel the way they do. I don''t agree with them, but they know how they feel, and generally stick to them guns. You, on the other hand, change your mind more often a hooker drops her knickers. I''ll bet you don''t even understand why you get so much abuse. You''re an embarrassment. You utter, utter c0ck.[/quote]

More respected posters than me want Hughton gone sonny, but no, you attack and single me out...........transparent, typical ''pink un'' behavior ....from a child.

[/quote]Didn''t take you long this season, did it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Didn''t take you long this season, did it?
[/quote]

No morty, I have a reputation to mantain.

[quote user="Wiz"]

More respected posters than me[/quote]

That would be everyone

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

More respected posters than me[/quote]

That would be everyone

[/quote]

Just about.[:D]

"More respected posters than me want Hughton gone sonny, but no, you attack and single me out...........transparent, typical ''pink un'' behavior ....from a child."

Changing your mind every 5 minutes on the same subject as a reaction to one game is the behaviour of a child.

It''s not about the fact that you want Hughton out (for now).

You get abuse because you have no integrity whatsoever. You''ve been proven to be a liar time and again on this board, yet you still hang around posting the same old tripe.

Exactly how many times have you changed your mind on Hughton in the last season + 2 games?

[quote user="QHcanary"] I''ll bet you don''t even understand why you get so much abuse.

You''re an embarrassment.

You utter, utter c0ck.[/quote]

And your post is an embarrassment.  We all know what Wiz is like.   Wiz knows what he is like.Is there need for this?

[quote user="QHcanary"]"More respected posters than me want Hughton gone sonny, but no, you attack and single me out...........transparent, typical ''pink un'' behavior ....from a child." Changing your mind every 5 minutes on the same subject as a reaction to one game is the behaviour of a child. It''s not about the fact that you want Hughton out (for now). You get abuse because you have no integrity whatsoever. You''ve been proven to be a liar time and again on this board, yet you still hang around posting the same old tripe. Exactly how many times have you changed your mind on Hughton in the last season + 2 games?[/quote]

Never wanted, claimed or asked for it...........tis an empty purse.

A lot.............and will no doubt do it again.[:D]

I''m new to this forum, but have being following NCFC for 30 years. I don''t get many chances to get to games due to work etc. Nevertheless, I went to Hull yesterday. I felt the players were really trying but the whole thing was summed up when Ruddy smashed the ball into his own net after a foul. The players don''t seem to know what they are doing and that''s down to the management. It felt like square pegs and round holes. I think the board need to act soon as we only just survived last year. If we can''t beat 10-man Hull...it could be a long season. We need creativity. We need to feed the Wolf.

HughtonI feel has the capability, however I can''t help but think maybe his coaches are whispering doubts in his ear and have far too much of a say in the set up. I want trollop and whoever the other guy is gone far more than I want Hughton gone. My anger and dissapointment melt away when I see Hughton talking, his demeanour and words always disarm me and I trust him to pick it up next week, but now that trust is wearing thin and getting ever closer to wanting the board to find a better option (I am not qualified to say who is better, so won''t).

But like I said, I believe Hughton HAS the ability to make it work... I just can''t understand why he isn''t making it work.

[quote user="Stig"]HughtonI feel has the capability, however I can''t help but think maybe his coaches are whispering doubts in his ear and have far too much of a say in the set up. I want trollop and whoever the other guy is gone far more than I want Hughton gone. My anger and dissapointment melt away when I see Hughton talking, his demeanour and words always disarm me and I trust him to pick it up next week, but now that trust is wearing thin and getting ever closer to wanting the board to find a better option (I am not qualified to say who is better, so won''t).

But like I said, I believe Hughton HAS the ability to make it work... I just can''t understand why he isn''t making it work.[/quote]I honestly cannot for the life of me work out how you can make the conclusion that Trollop and Calderwood are the "problem". Its just silly speculation. What on earth do you mean by "whispering doubts in his ear"?This is such speculative tripe.

Indeed the Wolf needs to be fed and Hughton himself  has highlighted that this is the key issue this season given that we don''t have the budget to improve upfront and completely overhaul the midfield. Changing manager as the bbc articles highlights does not change this economic reality. We still need another year of survival before we are financially comparable with the lower mid-table clubs financially