Sign in to follow this  
ref89

Laudrup out!

Newcastle fans calling for Pardew to goNorwich fans saying the same about HughtonSwansea beginning to want Laudrup outPalace fans questioning Holloway

Who would want to be a manager !

[quote user="ref89"]More pantwetters.  Not everyone can win every fecking game![/quote]

Where is this being said about laudrup?

Playing man utd and spurs in your first 2 games is one of the hardest starts possible.

CUSDPIt''s more to do with the fact they one one of their last ten last season, making it one win in 12 for them nowhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Swansea_City_A.F.C._season

Amazing how reality and perception are different.  Laudrup is no bloody worse then Hughton, yet some city fans would dump Hughton for him in a heartbeat.

[quote user="ref89"]CUSDPIt''s more to do with the fact they one one of their last ten last season, making it one win in 12 for them nowhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Swansea_City_A.F.C._season

Amazing how reality and perception are different.  Laudrup is no bloody worse then Hughton, yet some city fans would dump Hughton for him in a heartbeat.[/quote]

Why is it so hard for you people to get it? It''s not about win, lose or draw. Its about how we play, and the style and tactics applied on the field. I genuinely don''t mind if we lose a game to whoever so long as we give it 110%

You and all the other supporters of the dross thats on display need to stop comparing Hughton to Laudrup. Swansea play the kind of football I''d love to see us play!

Get a grip!

Also, Le Tissier said on sky yesterday that Southampton are playing for a european place this season, a top 7 finish. The expectancy from some fans this season is too much in my opinion 

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Bit much considering they''ve played utd and spurs.[/quote]bit much considering we drew our first game against Everton.... some wont see it like that, they have taken it upon themselves to make it personal re hughton rather than football reasons i think

"Why is it so hard for you people to get it? It''s not about win, lose or draw. Its about how we play, and the style and tactics applied on the field. I genuinely don''t mind if we lose a game to whoever so long as we give it 110%

You and all the other supporters of the dross thats on display need to stop comparing Hughton to Laudrup. Swansea play the kind of football I''d love to see us play!

Get a grip!"

I''m not gonna put words in your mouth, so to be clear...

If we played open, attacking football all season and got relegated, you wouldn''t mind?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hackedoff"]Bit much considering they''ve played utd and spurs.[/quote]bit much considering we drew our first game against Everton.... some wont see it like that, they have taken it upon themselves to make it personal re hughton rather than football reasons i think[/quote]

With just 2 shots on target for us, do you not think that we were not fortunate to draw?

I think RVW was great, but in most cases it was a half chance. We created little else, and nothing more for him. He''s had 2 chances in 2 games. You are happy with this? Do you enjoy watching it? I don''t like to see us spend 8.5m on a striker to give him one chance a game and hope he takes it.

So again 6 shots on target in 2 games, yes we drew our first game, and we were very fortunate to do so.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Why is it so hard for you people to get it? It''s not about win, lose or draw. Its about how we play, and the style and tactics applied on the field. I genuinely don''t mind if we lose a game to whoever so long as we give it 110%

Get a grip!"

I''m not gonna put words in your mouth, so to be clear...

If we played open, attacking football all season and got relegated, you wouldn''t mind?[/quote]

I have to be completely honest so I shall. I''d be devastated if we were to get relegated in any sense. But if that was the case and it was down to giving it a go, I''d accept we gave our best.

Now in yesterdays case, do you really REALLY believe had we have rallied in that 70 minute period the way we used to we wouldn''t have at least got a point against 10 men?

Open attacking football, may get us relegated, but i gotta tell you bud, I''d be a damn sight happier knowing we bloody tried and failed rather than the whimpering way we are going down without a fight right now. 4 shots on target against 10 man Hull, in a whole game. 2 of which were pot shots outside the box.

Football is meant to be entertaining, I genuinely watched a team scrape out wins by the odd goal last season. Haven''t seen "football" since May of last year.

I forgot to say *gave our best, but just weren''t good enough*

Which by the way, after the investment made we should be at least better than 3 teams.

Cardiff gave it a go. We gave it a go against Man City and West Brom and that turned out to be our day.

If you don''t attack how do you expect to win games?

Ok, a better question.

Open, attacking football and relegation?

Or

A balanced style and survival?

Purely hypothetical question.

[quote user="QHcanary"]Ok, a better question.

Open, attacking football and relegation?

Or

A balanced style and survival?

Purely hypothetical question.[/quote]

QH I really don''t want to dismiss your question but there is no way we could know that either open football, or balanced would yield those outcomes.

I strongly believe there is a balance between the two, for a team of our standard. I''d love to say at times open attacking, and balanced at other times.

I think yesterday open attacking when being a goal behind is the only option isn''t it? otherwise you lose anyway, and we sure saw that. We didn''t attack, and we lost. Do that all season and we will be relegated regardless.

Against the bigger teams and more organised teams at 0-0 then fair enough balanced play and counter attacking is perfectly normal. But again how often is this the case?

A better option I put to you is this.

A) Open attacking football when we are down a goal, to possibly draw level and maybe even nick a win?

B) Or consolidate a one goal loss, consolidate that 0-0 draw against a team of similar ability? And sit on it nervously wishing for the whistle while the other team constructs an onslaught toward our goal?

It isn''t often black and white i know. But at 1-0 down surely you''ve nothing to lose and should show some passion?

That''s all I ask. Otherwise whats the point in the fans and players turning up?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- QHcanary: Ok, a better question. Open, attacking football and relegation? Or A balanced style and survival?

A balanced style and survival please.

Can someone please send Hughton the memo, so he can change his tactics to a balanced style.[/quote]

Agreed CJF. I forgot to say at the moment it isn''t even half and half, its just too defensive and uncreative.

I think i feel the need for us to attack and just attack in my mind to compensate for how we focus so much at trying to do nothing but let the other team have the ball, and then sit back and hope they won''t score.

Balance is urgently required!

I did say it was a hypothetical question. It wasn''t a comment on our current style of play.

It seemed like you were advocating gung ho football at any cost. Just wanted to ascertain if that was what you actually meant.

FWIW I do think we''re a bit too conservative at the moment. Not hugely so. I don''t think massive changes are needed, but we need to take the shackles off to some extent.

I do believe that Chris Hughton is capable of getting us to play like that.

[quote user="QHcanary"]I did say it was a hypothetical question. It wasn''t a comment on our current style of play.

It seemed like you were advocating gung ho football at any cost. Just wanted to ascertain if that was what you actually meant.

FWIW I do think we''re a bit too conservative at the moment. Not hugely so. I don''t think massive changes are needed, but we need to take the shackles off to some extent.

I do believe that Chris Hughton is capable of getting us to play like that.[/quote]

I agree. The Man City game and West Brom games we saw that. Whether they were on the beach or not only they truely know.

One things for sure we played football those 2 games. It''s all I want to see and all you can ask. If the opposition is better, at least we as you say, "took the shackles off a bit".

No headless gung ho for me though!

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]I''m not in the Hughton Out camp, but I''d gladly swap for Laudrup. I think he''s one of the best.[/quote]

Yeah its hard to argue he isn''t a good manager, when they could have slumped when Rodgers left. Instead they have some silverware in the cabinet, and have performed very well in Europe thus far! Add to that the fact they play good football and have one or two players (Michu on his day, and Bony) that are better than what we have! Fair play to them keeping their better players so far (Michu, Dyer, Williams) and their progress on track!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i want premiership football.. if we do that by defending for 38 games good.[/quote]

What''s the point?

Who seriously enjoys watching us play at the moment?

WBA & man city aside, I haven''t enjoyed a game for a long long time.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]i want premiership football.. if we do that by defending for 38 games good.[/quote]

What''s the point?

Who seriously enjoys watching us play at the moment?

WBA & man city aside, I haven''t enjoyed a game for a long long time.[/quote]
Thats kinda where I''ve been coming from. Although I went about it the wrong way yesterday, hopefully McNally will get Hughton to rectify his approach! It is a sad way to play football, simply do just enough to get by. How is that entertainment? When its a sport!