Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Man City vs Cardiff

[quote user="stuie82"]Yeah good point nutty 2 0 down after 5 mins then had a go against 10 men my point is can you really see us taking the game to any of the big teams it seems to me if we go 1 nil down the plan is then not to concede again and hope we nick a draw[/quote]

Well we didn''t need to go behind in order to beat Man Utd and they don''t get much bigger than that. I think our record against the big sides was pretty good last season? Didn''t lose to Spurs. Beat Man U Arsenal and Man City.

Doesn''t it make a refreshing change to be allowed to be pleased for and old favourite of ours even if for a lot of people it is a stick to beat the current manager with....

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]How does Ruddy not get into that national team above useless Hart[/quote]Because Hart plays for Man City , when Ruddy gets his big move he will probably replace Hart who has to be one of the most overrated keepers ever .

Well done Cardiff, well done Malky.......Although, it would have been better for us for Man City to have won.....Never mind, every dog has its day. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="stuie82"]Yeah good point nutty 2 0 down after 5 mins then had a go against 10 men my point is can you really see us taking the game to any of the big teams it seems to me if we go 1 nil down the plan is then not to concede again and hope we nick a draw[/quote]

Well we didn''t need to go behind in order to beat Man Utd and they don''t get much bigger than that. I think our record against the big sides

was pretty good last season? Didn''t lose to Spurs. Beat Man U Arsenal and Man City.

[/quote]

Do you enjoy the way we play then nutty do you believe CH has it right

[quote user="stuie82"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well we didn''t need to go behind in order to beat Man Utd and they don''t get much bigger than that. I think our record against the big sides was pretty good last season? Didn''t lose to Spurs. Beat Man U Arsenal and Man City.

[/quote] Do you enjoy the way we play then nutty do you believe CH has it right[/quote]

Now then, I guess in the main I do enjoy it. I spend an awful lot of money following Norwich and I''d be a grade a plonker if I did that on something I didn''t enjoy. Yesterday''s performance was disappointing. But the season is just 2 games old and in my opinion the reaction on here is well over the top.

Now I''ve got a question for you Stuie. Why did you make up that stuff about last season?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="stuie82"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Do you enjoy the way we play then nutty do you believe CH has it right[/quote]

Now then, I guess in the main I do enjoy it. I spend an awful lot of money following Norwich and I''d be a grade a plonker if I did that on something I didn''t enjoy. Yesterday''s performance was disappointing. But the season is just 2 games old and in my opinion the reaction on here is well over the top.

Now I''ve got a question for you Stuie. Why did you make up that stuff about last season?

[/quote]

Make up don''t be daft all I''m saying is I don''t think that since are good run of form finshed last season we have taken the game to any team and I''d have a friendly fiver that when the big teams come to us this season we play it to safe but hope I''m wrong... I also spend a fair bit of money watching norwich and I''m getting to the point where I don''t enjoy a fair percentage of the games but that is just my view

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Swansea fans calling for Laudrup''s head.Glad we aren''t the only club who have silly fans.[/quote]

So Swansea have 5 shots on target against 11 man Spurs - a top team

We have 4 shots on target against lowly Hull with 10 men, who only mustered just one shot on target which was there penalty!! Explain how we were unlucky? It''s not like they were better than us. We were poor, thats down to preparation and organisation and starts with getting your own house in order!

Yeah i guess its really the same. I don''t know how they played but I''m sure if its anything like their results in Europe they will have at least tried to give it a go!

People need to get a grip and not defend the tripe yesterday!

[quote user="stuie82"]

Make up don''t be daft all I''m saying is I don''t think that since are good run of form finshed last season we have taken the game to any team and I''d have a friendly fiver that when the big teams come to us this season we play it to safe but hope I''m wrong... I also spend a fair bit of money watching norwich and I''m getting to the point where I don''t enjoy a fair percentage of the games but that is just my view[/quote]

Didn''t we win at Man City 3 games ago? Did you enjoy that? Did you enjoy the game last week against Everton?

I thought we spent most of last week chasing Everton around the park again my view not everyone''s and why if we beat man city away playing attacking football has it not been carried over to this year... Do you think the players with have enjoy being forced to play negative tactics cos that''s what we play isn''t it like it or not we have a manager who sets us up not to lose a game whoever it''s against and that is not going to be to everyone''s taste and it won''t make ppl happy when we look so dull like at hull... And I think a lot of ppl are getting fed up

[quote user="stuie82"]Cardiff playing nice attacking football having a go at them.... What the chances of us taking the game to man city at carra rd[/quote]IS THIS POST A JOKE?Cardiff were pegged back in their half with 11 players behind the ball for 75 minutes of that game - defending like beavers.  They broke about 7 times, got two corners and a goal from a JH parry that fell to their player.  IF they had of taken the game to Man City they would have been picked off at will - ending in a 4 or 5-0 thrashing.This performance goes to show that sometimes in football - the better team loses. Just like we did at Hull.

[quote user="JayNCFC"][quote user="stuie82"]Cardiff playing nice attacking football having a go at them.... What the chances of us taking the game to man city at carra rd[/quote]IS THIS POST A JOKE?Cardiff were pegged back in their half with 11 players behind the ball for 75 minutes of that game - defending like beavers.  They broke about 7 times, got two corners and a goal from a JH parry that fell to their player.  IF they had of taken the game to Man City they would have been picked off at will - ending in a 4 or 5-0 thrashing.This performance goes to show that sometimes in football - the better team loses. Just like we did at Hull.[/quote]spot on... i also bet Man City fans aren''t calling for pellegrini''s head, saying he is tactically inept, or that "nothing has changed form last season"just shows how thick half our supporters actually are!

It''s actually Cardiff vs Man City, not the other way around as posted.

The newly promoted teams, particularly Cardiff and Hull are on a huge role from last season and have brought in some very good players. They are going to be playing at home in packed stadiums and many teams, even some better than us are going to come a cropper there.

There is not that much difference between the first teams of these and ourselves, what we do have though is a good squad, strength in depth that many of the new teams will not have. This is a long season and they will begin to struggle as they pick up knocks, get a few hidings and the adrenalin lift wears off. You have to look at a season long campaign, we are well structured and resourced for the long hall.

[quote user="stuie82"]I thought we spent most of last week chasing Everton around the park again my view not everyone''s and why if we beat man city away playing attacking football has it not been carried over to this year... Do you think the players with have enjoy being forced to play negative tactics cos that''s what we play isn''t it like it or not we have a manager who sets us up not to lose a game whoever it''s against and that is not going to be to everyone''s taste and it won''t make ppl happy when we look so dull like at hull... And I think a lot of ppl are getting fed up[/quote]

So basically you now agree we do go for it against the big teams, which is the point I was making, but we''re both disappointed by yesterday''s performance.

As for the Everton game.. well I guess we''ll have to agree to disagree. In 45 years there haven''t been that many seasons that included games of that quality. However I have seen City go for it and get wins in games of far less quality in many other seasons.

I can''t understand all this moaning about our Manager.

He is a class act and produces exciting attacking football. We have two highly qualified and provenly successful coaches. Witness the slick one touch football particularly in the oppositions penalty area We look a really fit team with a commanding midfield. The players always look up for it as they did a couple of years ago. Fans,players and manager all going in the right direction.

Holty was rightly slated for not scoring enough goals and indeed being lazy. None of that nonsense now. RVW looks really happy and so he should with the amount of chances he''s given. Pilks tweets positive messages and Nutty Nigel correctly defends all the moaners by asking quality questions.

Marvellous

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Yeah Cardiff were certainly not playing attacking footballThey played very well defensively but were not "attacking" constantly[/quote]They played the only way it is possible for lesser teams to get anything against Man City. Dogged defence, everyone behind the ball and hope you''ve got a quick forward to upset them when its pumped forward. Also you have to make the most of your set pieces because you won''t make much in open play.To their credit Cardiff did all those things very well and got the three points. However, over a full season it is hard to press with that intensity especially when you find that there are no easy games.

I think nutty I just have a lack of trust with CH I believe you should always have a plan to try and win a game... Problem is we were spoilt under lambert and It''s just frustrating watching sometimes but no doubt we will all be at carra rd sat hoping for 3 pts

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I can''t understand all this moaning about our Manager.

He is a class act and produces exciting attacking football. We have two highly qualified and provenly successful coaches. Witness the slick one touch football particularly in the oppositions penalty area We look a really fit team with a commanding midfield. The players always look up for it as they did a couple of years ago. Fans,players and manager all going in the right direction.

Holty was rightly slated for not scoring enough goals and indeed being lazy. None of that nonsense now. RVW looks really happy and so he should with the amount of chances he''s given. Pilks tweets positive messages and Nutty Nigel correctly defends all the moaners by asking quality questions.

Marvellous[/quote]

Are you being sarcastic? I genuinely can''t tell :P

That''s fair enough Stui. The only reason I couldn''t agree with yours was because what you used to make the point didn''t make any sense. There''s a guy posts a lot on here reckons that when we play poorly or lose it''s down to the manager but when we play well or win it''s because the players have chosen to ignore him and are rebelling. I know it sounds unbelievably but I''m sure he believes it!

But whatever way you look at it we''re very lucky to be going to games during this period of success and there will be plenty of lean times in seasons to come when we''ll look back at it fondly.

Nutty said

"But whatever way you look at it we''re very lucky to be going to games during this period of success and there will be plenty of lean times in seasons to come when we''ll look back at it fondly."

And that one sentence defines your mentality, "Little Old Norwich."