Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Man City vs Cardiff

Cardiff playing nice attacking football having a go at them.... What the chances of us taking the game to man city at carra rd

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Man City making our performance at Hull look like one of the games of the season !Pellegrini Out i guess?[/quote]

^^^I mean, us established Premier league sides have a right to be beating promoted teams.

-- nutty nigel: Right at the start of the infamous 19 game bore fest in the second half of last season[;)]

Wasn''t that forced on us by going 2-0 down in the first 5 minutes.  But agreed, we did give it a real go against 10 man Man City.What has happened since?When did our formation change from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-1-1 and now to Saturday''s 4-5-1.

And now Cardiff 2-1 up.

Look and learn, Hughton. No defensive shite from Cardiff. They believe.

Typical for us though, newly promoted teams get reaults, we dont. It is going to be a long hard season with the defensive dross HUghton is putting up.

Need a change of direction

Conceding two early goals can indeed provide some motivation and a desire to get forward.

Grefstad you''re looking at it wrong! The newly promoted sides are staking a serious claim to this league and not even Man City could win a banker.

... I''d like to believe that at least. But we were poor weren''t we?

[quote user="grefstad"]And now Cardiff 2-1 up.

Look and learn, Hughton. No defensive shite from Cardiff. They believe. [/quote]I''m watching it. Man City 77% possession.  Much like when we beat Arsenal 1-0.  Cardiff well organised and defensive, just knowing when to break forward.

Watching Cardiff is like watching our first season in the Premier under Lambert,.

We dared then. Why not now.

Also, Cardiff a bit lucky playging Man C when they have a rare off day. Just our luck..

[quote user="grefstad"]And now Cardiff 2-1 up. Look and learn, Hughton. No defensive shite from Cardiff. They believe. Typical for us though, newly promoted teams get reaults, we dont. It is going to be a long hard season with the defensive dross HUghton is putting up. Need a change of direction[/quote]

Obviously you know more than Hughton as you have played football internationally and at the highest club level and are a fully qualified football coach so perhaps you could eplain to me why Hughton was the second most effective maanger in the premier league last season given his financial resources?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-- nutty nigel: Right at the start of the infamous 19 game bore fest in the second half of last season[;)]

Wasn''t that forced on us by going 2-0 down in the first 5 minutes.  But agreed, we did give it a real go against 10 man Man City.

What has happened since?

When did our formation change from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-1-1 and now to Saturday''s 4-5-1.
[/quote]

This is why I''m so torn today. Part of me will be sorry if we come good soon because I will miss your incisive replies to my posts.

If you need to ask why we gave it a real go then I''m sure you''ve missed Winky''s revelation that it was down to the players. After going 2-0 down the players tore up Hughton''s plan a and implemented their own plan b. And it so nearly came off...

Crikey! Now do we consider this to be a ''first home game playing above station'' or should we worry that Cardiff have quality?

Yeah good point nutty 2 0 down after 5 mins then had a go against 10 men my point is can you really see us taking the game to any of the big teams it seems to me if we go 1 nil down the plan is then not to concede again and hope we nick a draw

[quote user="T"]

[quote user="grefstad"]And now Cardiff 2-1 up. Look and learn, Hughton. No defensive shite from Cardiff. They believe. Typical for us though, newly promoted teams get reaults, we dont. It is going to be a long hard season with the defensive dross HUghton is putting up. Need a change of direction[/quote]

Obviously you know more than Hughton as you have played football internationally and at the highest club level and are a fully qualified football coach so perhaps you could eplain to me why Hughton was the second most effective maanger in the premier league last season given his financial resources?

[/quote]

Everyone can see Hughtons defensive minded nature, and it wont help having a 8,5 mill striker feeding off scraps.

Hughton was a defender, Calderwood too, and I think it may be why we are seeing this defensive dross every week.