Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Team For Tomorrow

Tomorrows game against Bury is a game we should be winning but also one we should give the fringe players a game, who would you go with? I''d go

Bunn

Whittaker Bassong Bennett Olsson

Murphy butterfield fox pilkington

Hooper elmander

Subs

Nash

Hoolahan

Snoddy

Murphy

Tettey

Becchio

Ayala

I would put the same team out as Saturday, I think they have a point to prove, and need a morale boosting win.*Note to self, must buy tickets lol.

I reckon the team will be much the same as the OP but maybe Snodgrass starting on the right (Hull shows he desperately needs some match fitness) and I think even against L2 opposition Butterfield + Fox in the middle from the start would get a bit overrun. I''d imagine Johnson as he had less minutes than everyone else on Saturday.

Hopefully we''ll see a few goals to get the confidence up!

Before Saturdays debacle I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for the youth and fringe players to get a chance.

Probably a mix of Morris, Murphy, Butterfield but also get in Fer, Elmander etc and get them up to speed.

-- morty: would put the same team out as Saturday, I think they have a point to prove

Four central midfielders against Bury... Yet again players out of position and playing crap because they are out of position.

You are more defensive than Hughton. Maybe Roeder had something.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-- morty: would put the same team out as Saturday, I think they have a point to prove

Four central midfielders against Bury... Yet again players out of position and playing crap because they are out of position.

You are more defensive than Hughton. Maybe Roeder had something.[/quote]Obviously I meant the team that finished the game, not the one that started it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-- morty: would put the same team out as Saturday, I think they have a point to prove

You are more defensive than Hughton. Maybe Roeder had something.[/quote]Obviously I meant the team that finished the game, not the one that started it.[/quote]Minus Wes on the left wing. That was just ridiculous.

Id play the 11 that is going to start against Southampton, should fitness/injuries allow.

Get some confidence, get well infront then make a couple of changes.

Id like to see the Murphys boys and Carleton Morris be them changes

Bunn

Olsson

R. Bennett

Bassong

Whittaker

Pilkington

Fox

Fer

Snodgrass

Elmander

Becchio

Both Murphy''s and Morris on the bench to come on if we have a 3+ lead with 20 minutes left, along with RvW if things were going to go typically tits up.

Bunn
Olsson (if fit enough)
R. Bennett
Turner
Whittaker
Murphy (Pilks if fit, and give the young lad a run out for half an hour as a sub)
Johnson
Fer
Howson
Snodgrass
Becchio
I don''t see the point in playing Fox at all as I don''t think there is anything he could do to get a foothold in the first team anymore.
Bench: Murphy, Bassong (get a run out as a sub if fit), Butterfield, RVW, Nash, Tettey, Elmander
I still think most of the other younger lads are too far away, and I''d like to see a morale boosting performance from most of our first teamers.

I agree it may be a opportunity to play some of the youngsters, on the bench at least, however why do posters always talk about the Murphys, Morris, etc.  These are the lads who played in the U18''s last year and therefore were televised, what many people seem to forget is that we have other youngsters who were a year too old for the U18''s last year but who already have first team experience in the pre-season, such as Adel Gafaiti, who went to the states and started two games, Ewan McNeil who got a few minutes at Brighton and, Jamar Loza, surely these are the lads who could/should be given a run out, that''s not to say the other lads shouldn''t but many of us seem to forget those who weren''t in the U18''s last year because they didn''t get the TV exposure.

In Gafaiti and McNeil we have a CB and a RB, which if they can prove their worth could solve our ''have we got enough defenders to cover injury, etc.'' dilemma.

If I was the Manager, which of course I''m not, I would select a team to ensure a win, this may or may not be the same as last Saturday or that which may be selected this Saturday, but I would feel a satisfactory win is needed for the fans sake, and mine.  Having secured a 3 goal advantage then I would perhaps field some youngsters. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]Id play the 11 that is going to start against Southampton, should fitness/injuries allow. Get some confidence, get well infront then make a couple of changes. Id like to see the Murphys boys and Carleton Morris be them changes[/quote]

While I like your confidence I cannot help but think "cautious Chris" will go out not to lose another game. Lets not forget Luton last year when we couldn''t overturn a non league team.

While I would agree the Southampton starting 11 need the opportunity to practice, Cauctious Chris would be right to be cautious risking injury to the likes of RVW, Fer, Ruddy etc..second string players would be appropriate in a potentially hard tackling match.

I''d agree with those saying a strong first 11 similar to the one expected Saturday. Bassong and Snoddy starting to continue their back to fitness push.

Bunn

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido

Snodgrass Tettey Fer Redmond

Hoolahan RVW

Put a couple of youngsters on the bench but basically boost the confidence of the first team because we just seemed to resign ourselves to our fate last saturday.

It won''t look anything like that though I suspect, a mixture of reserve and youth with a few first team starters.

Probably Olsson and Elmander especially getting the chance to show they deserve a start in the PL.

Ruddy

Martin   Turner   Ayala   Whittaker

Snodgrass   Tettey   Fer   Olsson

Howson

Becchio

Bassong will be playing. He was in contention for hull and travelled. He will play to get another 90mins in before he starts vs southampton.

Fox and Ayala are starting for the u21 this afternoon along with the two Murphys, Gafaiti and Morris.

Could be taken as meaning they won''t be involved tomorrow night I suppose.