Sign in to follow this  
plymcanary

Green, Francis and Ashton on The Way Out

It''s pretty clear after yesterday''s gutless and inept display that some players had already settled their futures and were having a bit of a laugh! The rumours that Green, Francis and Ashton are on their way look well-founded. Loyalty, pssht!

[quote]Did you even watch the game? Deano put in 110%!![/quote]

Absolutely DD. Deano played his heart out and was one of our better performing players on the day. Greeno also tried his best and if it wasn''t for him the scoreline could well have been in double figures. As for Damo, well, to put it kindly, if he goes then all i can say is good riddance.

[quote]Did you even watch the game? Deano put in 110%!![/quote]

You only have to look at the pictures of Ashton in the EDP yesterday (and also Green, who after all has several years invested in the club) to know that their commitment and sense of hurt cannot be questioned.

Now, as for Damian...

In the Daily Telegraph on Saturday Green said he doesn''t want to go anywhere. I wasn''t at Fulham but over the last few matches Ashton has run himself into the ground chasing lost causes, harrying defenders and making runs and passes.

Francis I agree with and he should go asap.

Deano, Hucks and McKenzie worked their socks off on Sunday. 9 times out of 10 Ashton was the one having to go out on the wing in place of our midfield that had gone walk-about to put the crosses in himself. Ashton isn''t going anywhere.

Reading into some of the stuff the other players have been saying in interviews and things though, I''d be very suprised if Green stays. Hucks said something about it being likely that we won''t see Green here next season in one interview.

As for Francis - if we can''t sell him then his contract should be terminated anyway

[quote]It''s pretty clear after yesterday''s gutless and inept display that some players had already settled their futures and were having a bit of a laugh! The rumours that Green, Francis and Ashton are on th...[/quote]

As far as I''m concerned Francis can leave for nothing. His (lack of) performance on Sunday was nothing short of disgraceful and he ought to issue an apology to all the fans that turned out.

Greeno kept the score down to single figures and had no chance with any of the goals.

The one positive thing to come out of Sunday was Deano''s performance. He never stopped trying and won most of the balls up to him and on another day would have scored 2. He also seems like a top bloke and I reckon we will see at least another season from him in NCFC colours.

You didn''t mention Bentley. So much talent and so little return from him. He has performed in two matches this season, Bolton and Man U at home and the rest of the time he has showboated for the camera.

i have to agree that most of the game was a half hearted performance by more than one of the players, but after loosing safri and then going two down, we wouldnt have came back unless there was a miracle fairy tale ending.

Worthy said himself, no players are leaving

for once, try and believe him!

Exactly DD, Ashton stood out for his effort and scored a perfectly good goal in everyones eyes but the refs.The original poster must have been watching a different game.

Greeno has yellow and green blood imo. and ashton gave all he had as dd said. Francis may go but i would hate to see the others go. Although it may be likely

There is no way Deano would leave...he is a loyal club player. At only 22, he has time on his hands to have another season in the Championship before the Premiership will beckon full time. If needed, I think the board would try to slap an 8 figure price tag on him just to deter interested clubs.

agree totally with one martin peters. bently was the one swanning about like
he could care less. ashton ran his heart out and green
give everything every game, that one handed save against the bar was that not trying.
if Ashton and green want to go then who can begrudge them that. they give everything for the cause, unlike bently
who''ll never make it arsenal.