Sign in to follow this  
They need to EARN the right to play us

Best position for Elmander?

Upon seeing the title I was going to be clever and write ''the bench'' , but your own answer was far superior to that.

In fairness he didnt do too bad Saturday

I thought he did okay.Not quite sure what his best position is, but at least he got involved and looked enthusiastic.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]So we are mocking a player after less than half an hours play? I really don''t understand what is going on on this board at the moment.[/quote]

Right? It''s crazy. I was glad when I found this place because it seems like I''m literally the only NCFC supporter where I live. Thought it would be fun talking about the team with other fans. Turns out, not so much.

As to the original question; Elmander can play wherever the hell he likes as long as he scores. I thought him, Redmond and RvW all looked good on Saturday. I suppose that makes me a clapper or whatever is it you call it.

i would just like to add that I was being sarcastic by saying comedy gold as the OP was just as sh*t as every other thread on this forum....just embarrassing.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]So we are mocking a player after less than half an hours play? I really don''t understand what is going on on this board at the moment.[/quote]

Right? It''s crazy. I was glad when I found this place because it seems like I''m literally the only NCFC supporter where I live. Thought it would be fun talking about the team with other fans. Turns out, not so much.

As to the original question; Elmander can play wherever the hell he likes as long as he scores. I thought him, Redmond and RvW all looked good on Saturday. I suppose that makes me a clapper or whatever is it you call it.[/quote]

No need to categorise yourself, Portland.  There''s plenty of good posters on here.  You just sometimes have to fight your way through the dross to find them.  

Elmander could be just the man to help join up midfield and attack.  As CC says, he''s only had half an hour on the pitch.  It will take time, but I think the new players we''ve got now are going to make a big  difference as they start to gel as a team.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]So we are mocking a player after less than half an hours play? I really don''t understand what is going on on this board at the moment.[/quote]

As to the original question; Elmander can play wherever the hell he likes as long as he scores. I thought him, Redmond and RvW all looked good on Saturday. I suppose that makes me a clapper or whatever is it you call it.[/quote]

No need to categorise yourself, Portland.  There''s plenty of good posters on here.  You just sometimes have to fight your way through the dross to find them.  

Elmander could be just the man to help join up midfield and attack.  As CC says, he''s only had half an hour on the pitch.  It will take time, but I think the new players we''ve got now are going to make a big  difference as they start to gel as a team.

[/quote]

That''s the hope anyway. Sometimes you can have all the ingredients for a soufflé and it still collapses in the cooker. This team does appear to have a lot of potential. I''m still optimistic.

i hope elmander is not a regular starter, no offence to him but he''s not going to be pulling up any trees. I think he''ll be used as the target man when he comes on as he''s quite a big lad. Can''t wait to see hooper in action and try 4-4-2 so hughton can show all the idiots what this team is capable of.

Him and Howson were the only ones that looked like they were trying to get something to happen on Saturday towards the end. It was also telling the experience that he brings to the team as there were a few times when a player would do something stupid or ineffective and he would just put his hands out and down to just say "look, let''s keep trying and don''t lose your heads, we can do this."

Turns out we couldn''t but that''s the sort of thing I believe he''s been brought in to do. We have a relatively inexperienced team and there needs to be someone to just say "ok, that didn''t work but let''s keep going and get this job done."

I tweeted during the match about being frustrated with him constantly trying flicks and messing them up and since then have had several abusive messages in Turkish from Galatasaray fans! Better hope they don''t see this thread! haha

Elmander''s Prem Lge ratio is one goal every 5.1 games . On the basis that he appears in about half our fixtures, then, if he keeps that up he''ll bag about 4 for us this season. I suppose if those four are to turn nil nil draws into one nil wins , or 8 more points,then he''ll be worth the dosh. Time will tell.

It amazes me how people can judge a player after one day''s training and less than half an hour on the pitch. A good scoring record for Sweden and most of the clubs he''s played for (Bolton played him out wide much of the time). Give the guy a chance, ffs!