Sign in to follow this  

Seeing Holty in the Charity Sheild a couple of weeks ago I sadly feel it was time to let him go ,having said that .he will score a bag full in the Championship.

He is a wigan player because he chose to leave. Will score plenty in the champs.

We now have RvW who has taken our forward line to another level.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Hes gone. He''s a wigan player now.

Deal with it.[/quote]

So?

Why do you and other posters have to do this?

Some people like keeping track of ex players. If you have twitter, do you follow Huckerby? Or Ashton? Or McKenzie? Because most Norwich fans I know do. And they are ex players. And its the same for players who are still active.

If you don''t care what Holt is doing, don''t click on threads about him. What else could this thread be about?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]You know, it''s almost like you enjoy setting yourself up for an online kicking.Wiz used to do this kind of thing too.[/quote]Exactly.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]He is a wigan player because he chose to leave. Will score plenty in the champs.

We now have RvW who has taken our forward line to another level.[/quote]

Supposedly anyway, the poor b*stard!

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Bws Cat "]Hes gone. He''s a wigan player now.

Deal with it.[/quote]

So?

Why do you and other posters have to do this?

Some people like keeping track of ex players. If you have twitter, do you follow Huckerby? Or Ashton? Or McKenzie? Because most Norwich fans I know do. And they are ex players. And its the same for players who are still active.

If you don''t care what Holt is doing, don''t click on threads about him. What else could this thread be about?[/quote]

I knew this might get a few troll like replies which was why I wrote "I''ll get my hat",  but I''m with you GP.   I follow and enjoy seeing ex-players do well - except against us of course.   Holt is one of my all time favourite Norwich players -  and I can remember back to Hugh Curran and Kenny Foggo.  I will continue to enjoy following his career - and any other ex-player.  I hear Lansbury did quite well today too. 

Thats exactly right LDC, I''ve no idea why some don''t want us to talk about him. After all he did for us, I don''t intend to pretend he vanished from existence!

Thanks LDC. Great to see Malky being interviewed before the Cardiff game, a legend for me, doing a great job at Cardiff as well. A motivational player and I''m sure a motivational manger.

He''ll always be a City legend and I''ll always be interested in his career, it''s great to see him doing what he does best. Give him the service and he''ll stick it in the net.

I''m sure RVW will do just the same for us, providing we actually give him the service. At the moment it''s a bit like buying a Ferrari and driving it up and down Yarmouth seafront.

I too enjoy hearing about ex players and how they are getting on.

In fact I feel that almost every fan cares to some extent - of course it matters what player. I couldn''t care less about Alan Gow for example - however I''m thrilled about how well Chris Martin is getting on at Derby.

I''ll always have an interest in Holty too.

Most responses knocking the OP in this thread (and other OP''s in similar threads) are just personal forum nonsense.

If the title has an ex players name in the thread, then the thread is probably about an ex player and what he''s up to. If that is something you find personally offensive, deeply uninteresting or even rage inducing - don''t click.

Oddly enough so many people were sure Holt had lost it cuz he scored only 8 last year. His current production rate is yet another indicator that it is the dour boring system that caused his falloff, not his age. RVW is sadly also provng this point. Strikers can''t score if they don''t have service.

Pilks certainly thinks so, tweeted last night that we should have hung onto him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It''s funny at how many of our ex players are now scoring since leaving.

Martin, holt & Vaughan all flourishing. Vaughan in particular looks very good. Perhaps a big mistake letting him leave? I wasn''t too fussed about him going but every week he seems to score.[/quote]

Don''t forget they''re all in the championship or lower - except  Wilbraham ( [:)] ) and Bellamy.   What will be interesting is next season if any of them return with their teams to the Premiership.  .

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It''s funny at how many of our ex players are now scoring since leaving. Martin, holt & Vaughan all flourishing. Vaughan in particular looks very good. Perhaps a big mistake letting him leave? I wasn''t too fussed about him going but every week he seems to score.[/quote]

But I think the salient point is that none of them seem to be scoring in the premier league. We are getting huge budgets and upgrading our squad accordingly. If the players who then leave shouldn''t have left why are they not in another Premier league team?

It''s as has been said though, any one of those players could be playing for us but wouldn''t be on the scoresheet due to the service. The only reason we even have a point is because we have a better quality striker now that saw a chance that those guys might not have.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It''s funny at how many of our ex players are now scoring since leaving. Martin, holt & Vaughan all flourishing. Vaughan in particular looks very good. Perhaps a big mistake letting him leave? I wasn''t too fussed about him going but every week he seems to score.[/quote]

But I think the salient point is that none of them seem to be scoring in the premier league. We are getting huge budgets and upgrading our squad accordingly. If the players who then leave shouldn''t have left why are they not in another Premier league team?

[/quote]

I completely agree. I wasn''t trying to make the point that we shouldn''t have let them leave. Just that on a weekend when we don''t look like scoring, so many of our ex players do!

With the only exception of Vaughan. I''m starting to feel like it was a mistake letting him go. But I fully admit I was not fussed when we sold him.

The whole premier league has moved on. Now even the newly promoted sides are not interested in our cast offs. Even players bought to play in the premier league are having to drop down a division.

I think it''s a bit unfair to question why someone like Vaughan isn''t currently playing in the Premier League.  A lot of injuries and never given a crack of the whip here, no other club could therefore really judge what he could do or potentially do at this level.

Even putting that side of things to one side lots of players drop down levels for various reasons before moving back up and some only make it to the Premier League later on in their careers a la Holt, Lambert and some who would be good enough never get a chance to play at the top level at all.

Of course you trust that your club makes the right decisions regarding players, but all clubs, at some time, make mistakes from time to time when letting players leave.  No person is infallible.