Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Next week is a must win

It''s not....BUT, would certainly agree that we expect a much better performance...against, dare I say....a very good Southampton side who have againspent big money and who are "unbeaten" so far this season so they must be good! 

Just as well really because we have no hope of taking anything from Southampton .

Winnings overated is it?  Just as well as they''ve a better Manager, better squad and more ambition. 

I predict a 3 or 4 nil spanking.

Poor attitude, every match should be approached as a must win match.

[quote user="JF"]Poor attitude, every match should be approached as a must win match.[/quote]

I hate the hyperbole and the idea of must win matches that are no such thing

Yes they should set out with the aim of winning but that doesn''t make it a must win. Because it''s not. They are professional sportsmen and should approach the game as such, not like a park kick around.

I dunno about MUST win, but it is pretty vital we get a 1st win sooner rather than later, it came back to bite us during worthys stint in the prem. I''d say we are 2 points short of where we should be at the moment going on a record of getting an average of 2 points from our home games and 1 point from our away games with defeats to the top 4/5 away and 2/3 at home allowed. A win versus Southampton puts us a point back on track which followed by a point versus Tottenham would bring us back to expected levels; 5 points from 4 games. The 40 points remains our target as far as i''m concerned. Once that is achieved, we can see where we can go from there.

I expect a win, I expect a reaction which means a performance that warrants a win. We are at home and should dictate.

I hope new signings are in the agenda as there are some in this team that need to be on the bench, the midfield as we have all discussed is the same midfield that we had during our terrible run.

We need that central midfield shaken up, fer has proved the level he brings and he needs someone to match that. Our boys are proving at the moment that the second half of the season was not a fluke. We were that bad.

So the next two games can firstly bring on some cohesion with the bury game with bassong and snoddy back in the team.

Then Southampton can be that game where we start our season, show a performance that warrants a premiership team. Show intent, guile, pace and quality... We have a number of players that have that can the others lift to that level, well they better

I suspect if we don''t win, there will be tears before bedtime of epic proportions.

As others have said, I feel it''s not a ''must win'' but probably more like a ''would be quite important'' to win.

One good performance, one shocking performance, playing a team you would think would be around our finishing position come May, and at home.

Important to dampen the fires set last Saturday and get off the mark in our ''W'' column.

if we do win certain posters on here will change their tune, Hughton will be fantastic, and we will be heading for europe

You are right jas there are some ridiculous expectations on show. Spurs spending 9 million + on every transfer shows how much you need to get into Europe, we are a fluttering of signings of that quality but only 1or2 and then either players who have come up from league 1 with us or from the championship.

1 win is not enough, we have a tough spurs game and then villa at home. We need to pick up points at the start of the season as the end is the toughest fixture run you could ask for. Hughton has the transfer window once that shuts that is the squad we have left to work with.

Michael Bailey has tweeted that it may be a mistake to under estimate how important the next 5 days might be for NCFC.

Is there any reason to believe that MB''s ''tweet'' has any particular importance rather than what he happens to be thinking at that point in time. If it''s more than that, why doesn''t he write an article setting out his point-of-view?

[quote user="Mr 4-6-0"]Michael Bailey has tweeted that it may be a mistake to under estimate how important the next 5 days might be for NCFC.[/quote]Its massively important.Hughton needs to select a strong line up for tomorrow night and win convincingly. The players need it, and the fans need it.Lose tomorrow night and Saturday is going to be very nervy indeed.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if we do win certain posters on here will change their tune, Hughton will be fantastic, and we will be heading for europe
[/quote]

Their tune or their log in details....

I don''t think it''s must win for Norwich City at all. As a lot of people are quick to point out, it will only be the third game of the season.

For Chris Hughton it does take on an increased significance. The longer he goes without providing a performance of any fluidity, the more difficult his position will become.