Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Chelsea arent even playing a striker tonight!

They have the players and the manager to pull that off! Still risky imo. Looking forward to the game.

Well hes kind of a striker. Seriously what has mata gotta do. By far their best player last year. In the top 5 players in the prem. And lukaku was a beast last year, now torres, ba and schurle have all been picked over him. Thought mourinho would like lukaku as hes similar to drogba.

Oh christ we are going to have Johnson up top saturday now!

Essien, mikel, van ginkel, oscar, ramires, lampard, de bruyne, moses, hazard, schurle, mata, willian. Thats strong competition for 5 places.

[quote user="JF"]Oh christ we are going to have Johnson up top saturday now![/quote]

hahahaha front three of tettey, johnson and fox probably

Tettey, johnson and fox eh! Hmmm that could work, they always say defence starts with the front!

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Looking foward to the game tonight and can''t call a winner.[/quote]same. interesting to see how up for it baldy weird hair is

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]It''s a 4-2-3-1, Ramires and Lampard as the "holding" midfielders, Oscar, Hazard and De Bruyne as the 3 supporting Schurrle playing up front.[/quote]

You mean like the 4-2-3-1 that we play?

[:O]

how dare Jose set his stall out to defend! he is a joke of a manager.. doesnt he know that Chelsea fans want entertainment? this game is "Must win" if they don''t want to miss out at the title..Mourinho Out.. clueless!

"You mean like the 4-2-3-1 that we play?"

Just remind me is BJ Lampard and Tettey Ramires?

The difference is Chelsea have the players to play that formation and not be defensive, if BJ could strike a ball like Lampard and Tettey could make forward bursts like Ramires then it would be comparable.

But they can''t and we couldn''t afford them if they could.

[quote user="Monty13"]"You mean like the 4-2-3-1 that we play?"

Just remind me is BJ Lampard and Tettey Ramires?

The difference is Chelsea have the players to play that formation and not be defensive, if BJ could strike a ball like Lampard and Tettey could make forward bursts like Ramires then it would be comparable.

But they can''t and we couldn''t afford them if they could.[/quote]It sounds like you''re blaming Hughton for the fact that we cant afford the same players as Chelsea..You''re not are you?

No.

I''m pointing out we don''t have the same calibre players as Chelsea and therefore can''t play two DM and still expect to attack teams like they could.

Therefore your, oh look Chelsea play the same formation as us comment is b@llocks.

As pointed out by Dandy on the 3 5 2 thread in far more detail than this we don''t play 4-2-3-1 its far more 4-4-1-1 we play strictly with 2 defensive banks of 4.

It''s a relative though isn''t it, Chelsea are on another level to us but so are the opposition to who we normally play. What I found interesting were the changes made. No ''gambling'' by either side, Do some of you think they both should have chucked on their forwards and gone for it? Everton and their better squad of players and attacking manager still failed to score at home against west brom.

I personally don''t have an issue with the formation we play and I don''t see it as defensive, large parts of our game indicate a more solid and organised approach but for me it''s the way we attack which is letting us down.

As yet we arnt finding Rvw etcs runs and movement well enough, we should be looking to hit them and the channels earlier. We seem too slow playing through the midfield every time which allows others to re group, it''s always going to be difficult break down 2 banks of 4. We arnt shifting it quick enough or stretching teams in behind. That i think would get the best out of what we have going forward. Against 10 men you have to move across the pitch quickly , getting a man over, we didn''t we held onto things too long and took easy options. That''s just my opinion though.

OTBC