Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

rene meulensteen & mike phelan

I''d love to see Phelan back here as a coach but you''d imagine, apart from the playing history, it''s an unlikely move for him.

So because they worked alongside Sir Alex that means they will automatically become great managers?

Perhaps we should go for Pellegrini because he''s bound to get the sack after losing to a promoted club away from home.

After all we should have won after all that money we spent.

So because they worked alongside Sir Alex that means they will automatically become great managers?

Yes ! Just like Mark Hughes

Ah.............

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Perhaps we should go for Pellegrini because he''s bound to get the sack after losing to a promoted club away from home.

After all we should have won after all that money we spent.[/quote]Classic![:D]

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]

Ah.............

[/quote]

hmmm. im sure that all those years spent working at the highest level under arguably the greatest manager of all time will have really hurt themand im sure fergie obviously gave them their jobs on the basis of them being incompetent

id much prefer trollope and calderwood. honest

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]

Ah.............

[/quote]

hmmm. im sure that all those years spent working at the highest level under arguably the greatest manager of all time will have really hurt themand im sure fergie obviously gave them their jobs on the basis of them being incompetent

id much prefer trollope and calderwood. honest

I only post on here very occasionally - that''s just before someone challenges my entitlement to an opinion based on my low post count!

I''m sorry, but some of this board is completely nuts! Norwich are at a point in our development where things are so exciting and positive - quality investments in summer to add to a squad that finished 11th, sell out every week, playing the ''best league in the world (copyright Sky Sports every sodding week) and yet STILL some of our supporters throw their toys out of the pram because we failed to win one fecking game away for home????

Seriously, Chris Hughton did a very able job last season and by everyone''s posting on here before the start of the season invested our biggest ever transfer pot wisely. Now we have played one away game (admittedly poorly) and we have norwich fans calling for his head???????

If this is what just a little bit of success does to some of our fans maybe we don''t deserve it. We lost one game away from home for gods sake - as did Man City! What when we lose another - public hangings in Tombland?

We lost a game. W have no divine right to win every week - even against promoted teams. Can we please get a grip and stop behaving like a bunch of spoilt brats - ''We didn''t win -sack the manager!!!!!!''

I associate this kind of behaviour with Chelsea fans - not my club. As someone else posted in another thread the last thing the club needs now is splits in the support transmitting itself to the players. We are better than this.

Rant over. Roll on Saturday.

Best post of the week mate. Problem we have is so many fans on here have an irrational hatred towards Hughton now, irrational to the point he gets criticized for everything, my personal favourite being the negative 4-2-3-1 we play, despite the top 6 playing it most of the time. I also love how he gets criticized for praising the opposition every week, I am guessing these fans are oblivious to the other manager praising Norwich as does every manager in a pre match interview. It seems some are happy to see us lose so they can "be proved right", these fans don''t deserve Premiership football and a lot of these were nowhere to be seen during our league 1 days, strange that. We''ve just finished in our highest position in 20 years, and still some aren''t happy. Incredible 

Oh and as an afterthought; The last time Norwich fans called for a managers head, we ended up slowly dropping down the table each year and ultimately in to league 1. The grass isn''t always greener

Yeah the fallout of the last time that we had such splits has occurred to me too! Not made any less scary by some of the replacement managers being touted on another thread!

I hope we win well on Saturday and that we can all calm down a bit.

the thing is killie, its not just about this result. its the performance, and the very similar negative performances against the likes of reading/newcastle/west ham etc last season. Football is about scoring goals and winning games, but its the same unimaginative reverse gear dross we endured all last season, the difference is hes just spent 20+ million and still doesnt have a plan b even against ten very average men

hes had a season, he shouldnt be given any longer than early december if it carries on in the same way

[quote user="ellis206"]Oh and as an afterthought; The last time Norwich fans called for a managers head, we ended up slowly dropping down the table each year and ultimately in to league 1. The grass isn''t always greener[/quote]nonsensei dont think you can compare anything at the club currently with that era. worlds apart

[quote user="iron_stan"]the thing is killie, its not just about this result. its the performance, and the very similar negative performances against the likes of reading/newcastle/west ham etc last season. Football is about scoring goals and winning games, but its the same unimaginative reverse gear dross we endured all last season, the difference is hes just spent 20+ million and still doesnt have a plan b even against ten very average men

hes had a season, he shouldnt be given any longer than early december if it carries on in the same way

[/quote]

I don''t disagree some of the performances last season were less than enthralling Stan, but we finished 11th and I also ell remember wins over Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City...those also happened last season, and with much more tactical nous than I ever remember under Lambert (who I adored but who we are I danger of deifying if we''re not careful)

I went away to a few games last season (suffered Wigan away) and still feel confident in CH ability to build the team. We were rubbish on Saturday agreed, but that will happen from time to time. I thought we were fine against a very good Everton team the week before...

I still think a team with RVW, Hooper, Snodgrass and Redmond in it will soon havelenty of attacking threat - and i just that the current level of nastiness on this board for Hughton makes me very uneasy. Some of it seems way over the top to me

I think you''re all missing the obvious here, yes get these two coaches in but also get Fergie, my cousins brother was on a recent boating trip in the west of Scotland and he said that it was obvious that Fergie was bored and in need of a new challenge.