Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Relegation places this year

Hope we are not relying on promoted teams to fill relegation places this year!Cardiff ahead against Man City and really looking the part.Contrast that with our could n''t care less attitude against the mighty Hull City!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Hope we are not relying on promoted teams to fill relegation places this year!Cardiff ahead against Man City and really looking the part.Contrast that with our could n''t care less attitude against the mighty Hull City![/quote]Yeah i''m sure our players couldn''t care less about staying in this league......

That''s how it looked Saturday, especially when Hull dominated the 6 minutes of added time when we should have been trying to kick the door in. Instead, we knocked lightly and stood around waiting for someone to answer.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

I still think Palace and Hull are very likely to drop. One game does not make a trend. Cardiff will probably be OK, so get used to seeing their mad owner with his shirt tucked in all primly quite often.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]I still think Palace and Hull are very likely to drop. One game does not make a trend. Cardiff will probably be OK, so get used to seeing their mad owner with his shirt tucked in all primly quite often.[/quote]
I''m not by any means trying to discriminate, but I really don''t like the thought that next season could still see only 18 English teams in The Premiership. It just seems wrong having Swansea and Cardiff in there. Why are they allowed in but Celtic aren''t? I don''t get it. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

Old ones are the best (apparently) do u have that little phrase saved to your copy and past to save you having to type it 20 times a month (thinking it makes you look funny? Bless ya BORING more like lol)

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Derby Canary"]Hope we are not relying on promoted teams to fill relegation places this year!Cardiff ahead against Man City and really looking the part.Contrast that with our could n''t care less attitude against the mighty Hull City![/quote]Yeah i''m sure our players couldn''t care less about staying in this league......[/quote]

i''d be surprised if Hooper/Fer/RVW don''t have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

[quote user="Mr 4-6-0"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Derby Canary"]Hope we are not relying on promoted teams to fill relegation places this year!Cardiff ahead against Man City and really looking the part.Contrast that with our could n''t care less attitude against the mighty Hull City![/quote]Yeah i''m sure our players couldn''t care less about staying in this league......[/quote]

i''d be surprised if Hooper/Fer/RVW don''t have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

[/quote]Wolfswinkel, from the interviews i''ve seen with him doesn''t exactly seem the type of player who will just give up on the team if we have a bad few games though.

After 2 games the bottom of the table already has a very "end of season" look about it. I think you can assume that Swansea, Everton and WBA probably won''t stay down there so once you''ve taken them out of the equation then you''re pretty much left with the teams that will be fighting it out to avoid the drop.Even at this early stage I''d be surprised if it wasn''t any 3 from Stoke, Cardiff, Fulham, Hull, Norwich, Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace

[quote user="Making Plans"]After 2 games the bottom of the table already has a very "end of season" look about it.
I think you can assume that Swansea, Everton and WBA probably won''t stay down there so once you''ve taken them out of the equation then you''re pretty much left with the teams that will be fighting it out to avoid the drop.
Even at this early stage I''d be surprised if it wasn''t any 3 from Stoke, Cardiff, Fulham, Hull, Norwich, Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace
[/quote]

I wouldn''t be too quick to say WBA will easily pull away from the bottom, what with no goals from two games, their marquee signing wanting to retire and seemingly not a lot of money to spend.  They could be in for a season of struggle.