Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

20th October

Last year we didn''t win until then and yet stayed up comfortably even with room for a massive end of season blip.

Imagine how Stoke felt versus us last season? We also played for most of the game with 10 men and yet they got a lucky last minute goal when really they should have put us to the sword. Our defence that day had Barnett, Tierney, De Laet and Ayala! (and Naughton tbf) Very Championship, and yet Stoke were more than okay as usual.

I feel it is only 1 point lost and a win versus Southampton will put us back on track.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I feel it is only 1 point lost and a win versus Southampton will put us back on track.[/quote]
Spot on.
I also feel Spurs away was a bit of a turning point last season. Remember at the time it was hailed as "as good as anything under Lambert" by some after a bit of a rubbish start to the season. Worth noting that game is coming up soon. Could kick us into gear again.

I had us down to lose 2-1 to Everton and draw 1-1 with Hull.Due to our terrible record of starting seasons slowlyI thought Everton would be pumped under a new manager and Hull would be a lot tougher first game back at home than most of us thought

Great time to play spurs potentially too? New signings still bedding in, fans upset at losing Bale? Who knows but we seem to do well versus them and without Bale to rescue them this time, it will be interesting to see. No doubt we''ll raise our game for that one.