Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Interesting McNally Retweet

I follow McNally on Twitter. He only tweeted a few tweets after todays game. Normally he tweets a lot more. One of his tweets today was  retweet of someone elses"Our followings are going to be embarrassingly low If our attitude to away games doesn''t improve. It''s just not worth the £££"For our Chief Executive to be tweeting out this must suggest he is not best pleased. In most situations he would have replied.

I used to be an avid away supporter until midway through last season, when i realised that we just did not try and win an away game. Whats the point in wasting a day or more away when you know the manager would be happy with a point away? even at somewhere like Hull....

Hannibal, me too, but I stopped going at the beginning of the season. This info about Mc Nally is more important than all the posts offering opinions on how long Hughton has got before patience runs out. I remember 2 strikers coming on as subs making a ridiculously front heavy formation, us scoring a couple of goals, before the third sub took us back to a more regular shape. Don''t remember who this was against (or even if home or away) but it stuck in my mind. It was a few years ago though.

We won''t get many better opportunities than yesterday to get 3 points. Mc Nally will be thinking hard today.

Still going to all of them but not looking forward to Stoke away - two of the worst games I''ve seen in recent years have been at the Britannia.

Trouble is, as you say, the players won''t go out with the words ''we can beat these boys'' ringing in their ears rather, and, I''m exaggerating a little I hope, it will be something like ''remember the game plan, defend deep and we can stop them from scoring''. Trouble is the plan doesn''t seem to work very well.

MarsBar66, I believe the game you''re thinking of is Brighton in League one season possibly. We were 1-0 down with 15 to play and Lambert started throwing attacking subs on.

We ended up with Holt, C.Martin, Oli Johnson, Mcnamee, and Hooly playing as a front 5 with Darryl Russell as DM in front of the back 4. We scored 2 in 5 minutes (80th and 84th) before Spillane replaced Hooly and we reverted to 4-4-2 with Johnson and Mcnamee as RM and LM.

http://www.statbunker.com/competitions/MatchDetails?comp_id=281&match_id=48768&match=Brighton-&-Hove-Albion-VS-Norwich-City&date=13/Feb/2010

It looks to me like he retweeted by accident, when he meant to reply - as straight after was a reply to the guy, saying how much the appreciate the support etc etc. so I''d not read that much into it.

Kick it Off, you could be right. I only missed half a dozen games all season. Tbh, I enjoyed that years football better than any other... and I was lucky enough to have missed the opening game. Apologies for this going slightly off topic, so going back to it.... The answer in my humble opinion is not to sack our manager and suffer all the financial consequences; but for him to be guided towards a more attacking mind set when the situation allows it. CH does not appear so stubborn to me that he would be against a little constructive criticism.

"It looks to me like he retweeted by accident, when he meant to reply - as straight after was a reply to the guy, saying how much the appreciate the support etc etc. so I''d not read that much into it."

McNally often retweets things like this to gauge reaction from other fans. I think its a great way to get general opinion of the fans.

I''m fully ''over'' Lambert now but away games like yesterday (and there were SO many last season) are so dispiriting when you remember how (with a squad of Championship/League One players) we took on every game as winnable and punched well above our belt.

Under Lambert we beat the fellow promoted sides home AND away ... under Hughton we have now lost 2, drawn 4 and won NONE against teams ''new'' to the league.

Of course McNally isn''t happy, he values the supporters views and opinions. Losing away to Hull isn''t good enough, and I''m sure Hughton knows that too

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It looks to me like he retweeted by accident, when he meant to reply - as straight after was a reply to the guy, saying how much the appreciate the support etc etc. so I''d not read that much into it.[/quote]people should stop reading every twitter retweet this guy makes as being equivalent to the ten commandments.

[quote user="AJ"]Of course McNally isn''t happy, he values the supporters views and opinions. Losing away to Hull isn''t good enough, and I''m sure Hughton knows that too[/quote]

Amid all the wailing  this sharp shaft of satirical humour cheered me up no end.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

people should stop reading every twitter retweet this guy makes as being equivalent to the ten commandments.
[/quote]

Absobloodylutely. [Y]

True but McNally does not seem to be the kind of chap who will simply sit back and allow poor performances to continue.... especially after having just spent 27m

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="AJ"]Of course McNally isn''t happy, he values the supporters views and opinions. Losing away to Hull isn''t good enough, and I''m sure Hughton knows that too[/quote]

Amid all the wailing  this sharp shaft of satirical humour cheered me up no end.

[/quote]

Me too because there is a total lack of concern for the fans from Mr. McNally''s office downwards and has been from day one but maybe the honeymoon of success is over and his God like status will be questioned far more.

Crikey, everything ''bad'' about the club is coming out now, all on the back of a rather unlucky reverse in one game! I really dread to think how mental people will be on here if we fail to beat Saints next week......

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It looks to me like he retweeted by accident, when he meant to reply - as straight after was a reply to the guy, saying how much the appreciate the support etc etc. so I''d not read that much into it.[/quote]

You could put it down to an "accident"............or you could credit that a multi £100k salary chief executive of a Premiership football club knows which button he''s pressing on a keyboard?

dismiss the significance of this if you like.....but even in a re-tweet ,there''s solace that McNally is monitoring a manager that he''s entrusted by far the biggest transfer budget in our history very closely.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It looks to me like he retweeted by accident, when he meant to reply - as straight after was a reply to the guy, saying how much the appreciate the support etc etc. so I''d not read that much into it.[/quote]

You could put it down to an "accident"............or you could credit that a multi £100k salary chief executive of a Premiership football club knows which button he''s pressing on a keyboard?

dismiss the significance of this if you like.....but even in a re-tweet ,there''s solace that McNally is monitoring a manager that he''s entrusted by far the biggest transfer budget in our history very closely.

[/quote]

Arguable how much to read into this but I don''t think it was an accident at all. At the same time McNally tweeted"not in the mood for going out, very fed up."

What the hell has his salary got to do with anything? - my point was that as he replied straight after (which thus has much the same effect)) it makes it possible that it wasn''t as conspiratorial as some want it to be.

Of course he''s monitoring things, it is his job, but it seems a bit of a giant step for a fairly bland and unforgettable retweet to be considered as being a precursor to some sort of coup....particularly as I''m pretty sure I saw similar comments several times last season.

I''m still up near Hull having attended the KC yesterday. It was awful observing all the people in yellow & green arriving only to be served such non-purposeful NCFC tactics! Honestly, 585 passes & zero goals versus a 10-man ex Championship team is a terrible scenario.

As a marketing man, McNally knows full well the product needs to match the brand.... And yesterday it didn''t.

There won''t be too many days like Hull because the Chief Exec won''t allow it. He is a man of action - qualities very few of our players displayed yesterday!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]What the hell has his salary got to do with anything? - my point was that as he replied straight after (which thus has much the same effect)) it makes it possible that it wasn''t as conspiratorial as some want it to be.

Of course he''s monitoring things, it is his job, but it seems a bit of a giant step for a fairly bland and unforgettable retweet to be considered as being a precursor to some sort of coup....particularly as I''m pretty sure I saw similar comments several times last season.[/quote]

whats his salary got to with anything?.......I''m assuming that given his position, him to be an intelligent man that wouldn''t perhaps make the kind of "accident" your''e suggesting and that it may have been more calculted than that?

This football club is in the healthiest position its ever been in.......yet I fear that the weak link at the whole club is the managment/coaching team. Just as the playing staff on the pitch needs to evolve and improve every season, so surely does the manager''s position.

If McNally feels this too.....as we saw with Gunn......one suspects he would act?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]What the hell has his salary got to do with anything? - my point was that as he replied straight after (which thus has much the same effect)) it makes it possible that it wasn''t as conspiratorial as some want it to be.

Of course he''s monitoring things, it is his job, but it seems a bit of a giant step for a fairly bland and unforgettable retweet to be considered as being a precursor to some sort of coup....particularly as I''m pretty sure I saw similar comments several times last season.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s that either, Branston. The board have invested a great deal in Hughton''s judgment (with some money still to be spent) and he has to be given time to get the upgraded squad  working well, with players in the correct positions. Not least because injuries have played a part. It is not Hughton''s fault we were left with one fully match-fit winger yesterday.My bet would be that Hughton will be our manager this time next season. My only serious doubt would be if we made a really poor start - say no wins in the first seven games up to the October international break - and there was still an obvious replacement (Poyet) available.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 2013-08-25 3:33 PM:

Crikey, everything ''bad'' about the club is coming out now, all on the back of a rather unlucky reverse in one game! I really dread to think how mental people will be on here if we fail to beat Saints next week......

You are joking - ''a rather unlucky reverse in one game!''

So last seasons dire, miserable and totally inept performances home and away don''t count in respect of our clueless manager?

Er, yes: yet another very dodgy pen (how many is that over the last few seasons?) and several decent saves from their keeper with Ruddy doing nowt all game = yes, IMO we were unlucky to lose - however well or poorly we played. Those are the bald facts of it.

I can only remember McGregor making one save all game from RVW''s header the rest of the time he was pretty much untroubled. Take the penalty out of the equation 0-0 away at 10 man Hull is still a bad result.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]I can only remember McGregor making one save all game from RVW''s header the rest of the time he was pretty much untroubled. Take the penalty out of the equation 0-0 away at 10 man Hull is still a bad result.[/quote]

the highlights on both MOTD and Skysports were both very telling. The last action in both of them was RVW''s header which was tipped over the bar. From memory there was still a good 20 mins of the 2nd half remaining after that?....the fact that they couldnt muster another highlight shows how little we threatened in the latter stages and how we went down with a whimper.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Er, yes: yet another very dodgy pen (how many is that over the last few seasons?) and several decent saves from their keeper with Ruddy doing nowt all game = yes, IMO we were unlucky to lose - however well or poorly we played. Those are the bald facts of it.[/quote]The bald facts of it are that they had one shot on target and we managed a measly four against an inferior ten-man team.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]True but McNally does not seem to be the kind of chap who will simply sit back and allow poor performances to continue.... especially after having just spent 27m[/quote]Quite agree.At least we now have a Chief Exec who takes his '' results orientated business '' mantra very seriously indeed. If he thinks the manager isn''t performing he''ll soon be out on his ear with or without Delia & Co''s blessing as he knows they know that Chief Execs of his ability don''t grow on trees.